Green Bay vs. Dallas = Super Bowl 41 3/4

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How big is this game going to be....... Dallas vs. Green Bay could possibly determine home field advandage considering its a month away and by that time there will only be 4 games remaining for each team.

Has Favre ever beat Dallas in Dallas?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
today at the bar, there was one drunk stupid Chiefs fan going on and on about how the Packers won't win today because, "Brett Favre has never beaten the Packers".

Reaction score
.. Dallas vs. Green Bay could possibly determine home field advandage considering its a month away

The bolded part is important.

I could care less about guessing the importance of this game, we've got other just as important games coming up that we need to get through first.

If the Packers lose all their games before they face the Cowboys, and Dallas wins all its games before they face the Packers.... this game won't really seem all that important.

I'll worry about the importance of the Cowboys game later. Right now I'm worried about the Vikings; with the Lions just half a game back, and the Vikings coming into town with one heck of a dangerous rookie RB, that's the most important game for me for the foreseeable future.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions are a FULL GAME BACK

But look to be a force to reckoned with.

And next week isn't a cake walk by any means either, the Vikings Peterson had a SICK game today. Hopefully we can muster up a run D and shut him down. He was running against 8 in the box vs SD and still broke the record.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I'll worry about the importance of the Cowboys game later. Right now I'm worried about the Vikings; with the Lions just half a game back, and the Vikings coming into town with one heck of a dangerous rookie RB, that's the most important game for me for the foreseeable future.

AP could single-handedly beat a team. We need to game plan stopping him.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We took him down at the Metrodome and we'll take him out at Lambeau.

I don't want to rain on your parade Danreb, but I was at the game at the metrodome this year. AP ran all over GB when he had the opportunity. It looks like Childress finally woke up and realized that he should actually use his star RB.

I hope I'm wrong here, but this will be the defense's biggest challenge all year is stopping him.

nleidigh319

Cheesehead
Reaction score
minnesota cant pass so we should stack the box when peterson is in. and also our entire division scares me and we will have to plaey good to win homefield

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
every other team has stacked 8 in the box this year, and AP has still already hit 1000+ at midway.

As for Dallas, as AADP said, pack needs to worry about MN, CAR, and DET before we give a darn about the 'boys, BUT the road game doesn't concern me that much. Is it 6 straight road wins for this team now?!?

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as the game will mean to Packer fans, this game is not Super Bowl 41 3/4. I hated the fact that they kept calling the Pats/Colts game SB 41 1/2. Colin Cowherd on ESPN radio has been calling it that all week. Like I needed another reason to hate that guy.

It's too early to be worrying about the Cowboys. We still have another game with the Vikings and then the Lions. We aren't at a spot were all of our games from here on out are gimmes. That game might not matter at all, as far as the playoffs go. Like I've mentioned in other threads, I'm more worried about teams in our division than I am about the Cowboys. I'd like to win our division. I'm not worrying about homefield in the playoffs yet.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as said above, one week at a time. GB has been getting it done thusfar, but it's far too early to annoint that game. Both GB and Dallas must win each game leading up to it for it to have that significance.

As for the NE/Indy game, that one was that important. The two best teams in the AFC facing each other for home-field tiebreak. That advantage will be huge for NE. With the way those teams are playing, it's a safe bet that the winner in the playoffs will go onto the super bowl.

Now, if both Dallas and GB keep pace with each other as the best 2 teams in the NFC, then the game will be rightly hyped as another great match-up.

These 2 games (NE/Indy, GB/Dallas) are likely the most important regular season matchups this year. That is why we saw such hype in the first one and will likely see the same in the second one. I just hope GB can continue to do their part in making it a great game.

GO PACK GO!!!

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every week will be important, with Detroit breathing down our necks and GB not playing flawless football.

I wish we could get Dallas in Green Bay once and a while, it seems like we always play down there.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if the season ended today.....which it doesnt, ..... the cowboys would have home field advantage due to their better division record.

heres 3 things i think will come to truition in the next 7 weeks

1.) Green Bay vs. Dallas WILL determine home field in NFC

2.) After the Giants beat the The Lions, next week.... the Lions will not win ten games....you can take that to the bank

3.) The Patriots will not go undefeated

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Division, Conference Records, etc won't mean anything in determining homefield between the Packers and the Cowboys. After record, head-to-head games are the first tiebreaker for homefield, so if they both end up with the same record at the end of the season, that game will determine who's the #1 and #2 seed.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Division, Conference Records, etc won't mean anything in determining homefield between the Packers and the Cowboys. After record, head-to-head games are the first tiebreaker for homefield, so if they both end up with the same record at the end of the season, that game will determine who's the #1 and #2 seed.

like i said...that game will determine home field advantage in the nfc

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if the season ended today.....which it doesnt, ..... the cowboys would have home field advantage due to their better division record.

heres 3 things i think will come to truition in the next 7 weeks

1.) Green Bay vs. Dallas WILL determine home field in NFC

2.) After the Giants beat the The Lions, next week.... the Lions will not win ten games....you can take that to the bank

3.) The Patriots will not go undefeated

Actually, what you said that if the season ended today, the Cowboys would have homefield. Then you said you think the game will determine homefield, implying that you weren't aware of tiebreaking procedures. I was just informing those who weren't unaware of the implications of the game.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dude we havnt played the cowboys yet..... head to head is the first tie breaker, division record is second, so since we havnt played them yet the tie breaker goes to the better division record where dallas is undefeated...... hence they have homefield advantage,,,,, which means if the season ended today...the cowboys have home field advantage, like i said 3 posts a go.....

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Danreb said:
We took him down at the Metrodome and we'll take him out at Lambeau.

I don't want to rain on your parade Danreb, but I was at the game at the metrodome this year. AP ran all over GB when he had the opportunity. It looks like Childress finally woke up and realized that he should actually use his star RB.

I hope I'm wrong here, but this will be the defense's biggest challenge all year is stopping him.

Hook, line, and sinker.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both of the next upcoming games are games that we should win. As a top-tier team, we really ought to handle the Panthers and take it away from the Lions. It'll be interesting for sure to see how this team handles its early success.

That said, I can't honestly judge this team as the best or not in the NFC until they play Dallas in Dallas. That's the game I'm looking forward to.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts