Green Bay Questions

LeapOfFaith

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, this isn't the best place to ask these...but the Green Bay Life board isn't very active. I just have a couple of questions that I need answered...

1. How is the weather currently, and what should we expect the conditions to be on Oct 16th? It will be my first Packers home game, so just curious how whether is up there in October.

2. Since it is a noon game, how early should my wife and I plan on getting to the stadium for parking. Is it relatively easy to find spots? If so, what are the typical parking prices.

3. Do you know of anyone who would be willing to open up their tailgating to guests? My wife and I would like to interact with some of the fans, and also get some food. We'd be happy to pay (whatever is reasonable) to contribute for the food. If no one is willing, that is understandable. I'll search around for some places to eat and plan accordingly to when we need to show up to park.

I believe that is the only questions I have at this time. Thank you in advance! GO PACKERS!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. its warm. I assume it wont be this nice in another week though. I assume light jacket weather.

2. I would suggest getting there at 8 or 9 am parking is easy to find. You can park for free on the street in some areas, pay $20 to park in a lot, or pay 10-40 to park in a yard.

3. The packers host a tailgate area if you are interested in that. Its in the Lambeau field parking lot.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just make a sign that you would like to eat with some new packer fans,sure some will invite you people are very friendly.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I know, this isn't the best place to ask these...but the Green Bay Life board isn't very active. I just have a couple of questions that I need answered...

1. How is the weather currently, and what should we expect the conditions to be on Oct 16th? It will be my first Packers home game, so just curious how whether is up there in October.

2. Since it is a noon game, how early should my wife and I plan on getting to the stadium for parking. Is it relatively easy to find spots? If so, what are the typical parking prices.

3. Do you know of anyone who would be willing to open up their tailgating to guests? My wife and I would like to interact with some of the fans, and also get some food. We'd be happy to pay (whatever is reasonable) to contribute for the food. If no one is willing, that is understandable. I'll search around for some places to eat and plan accordingly to when we need to show up to park.

I believe that is the only questions I have at this time. Thank you in advance! GO PACKERS!

It has been warmer than normal this week...it'll be in the 80's through this weekend...but I have to tell you, this time of the year, that can and will be changing quickly and without notice. Now, if I heard mid-50's low 60's, I'd say great...I'll wear a long sleeve shirt and a cap and I'm off and runnin' ... that might be chilly for someone not used to it. In the week leading up to the game, I'd check in regularly with George Graphos at www.wbay.com

Regarding parking ... as most have said here...you won't be able to park in the stadium lot. Those spots are sold "reserved" and I swear to god, it's tougher to get out of the stadium lot than a spot parking in someone's yard on any side street surrounding the stadium. Incidentally, they're doing some road work on Lombardi Ave from Hwy 41 to the stadium - might be congested if you're coming in from Hwy 41, leave a little time.

Tailgating??? Try this: http://www.packers.com/gameday/tundra-tailgate-zone.html

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's upper 70s here all weekend, but next week looks to be in the 50s/low 60s. That's what I would plan for.

As for parking, don't pay if you don't have to. Go to Biemeret Street by Beaumont Elementary. They charge to pay at the school, but not on Biemeret which is only a few blocks from Lambeau (5 min walk, if that). Get here early, of course. Parking goes up the closer you get to Lambeau... average between $5-$15.

People are pretty friendly. :) I'm sure you won't have any problems finding someone to tailgate with. If all else fails, Stadium View is pretty good for tailgating.

Eis Bowl

Touchdown Artist
Reaction score
I'll be going to that game also. The long range forecast has that day being 61 degrees and sunny.

Are you staying at a hotel? Some have shuttles to the game and depending where you are the city buses are free on game day if you're on the route.

There are also the pregame parties outside of Lambeau like in front of the Resch Center and most of the bars just SE of Lambeau within walking distance. Most start at 9:00 and are about $25 per person for all the free food and drinks and can get in. Usually have bands or something too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts