Green Bay Press Gazette Chats with Fans

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MIKE VANDERMAUSE: I’ve said it once if I’ve said it a hundred times: Pre-season results are meaningless. It’s laughable that some suggested last week’s exhibition game against the Broncos was a must win. Are you kidding me? Since when did a preseason record mean more than a hill of beans? That’s a joke. Now, preseason performances are another matter. Jobs are on the line, and this is the time of year when the final 53 spots are decided. So while it doesn’t matter who wins or loses the Packers-Titans game on Thursday, it will matter for some players who are fighting for jobs.

The Vikings’ season opener could be a telling game. But if the Packers lose, I would not declare that the season is hopeless. Sometimes it takes a while for teams to gel. Look at the Giants last year. Would you have figured them for Super Bowl champs after the Packers drilled them 35-13 in Week 2? It might take a young and nicked up team like the Packers a while to put it together. So I would be wary of making proclamations based on Week 1 results.

I would have to agree with this statement.

Very good chat.

Members online

Latest posts