Great Season

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That one stung. A lot.

This team is absolutely good enough to win, and the circumstances of their loss were far from clean. So it was a gut punch.

But this was a great season, and I enjoyed breaking it down with all of you rascals.

Cheers.

Yeah agree, let's take stock of some positives right now.

This isn't just for you Dantes, but watch this video and go to 6 minutes even. Watch number 28, the DBs feet right after contact. Dillon isn't just plowing forward with multiple would be tacklers on him, he is actually carrying a grown man on his back while doing it. If you go to 6:21 he basically squats a moving 200 pound man with just one leg firmly planted while he's off balanced. Aikman wasn't far off when he said that that was Earl Campbell like.

MLFs offense is predicated on combing spread WCO concepts with power, forcing teams to play lighter schemes and then just running over the smaller defenders. I think our offense takes another step next year as long as we are healthy.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went through the 70s and 80s until Favre. We had some really good players during that time but were never really a good team. I think it is worse to be terrible than to have really good teams that come up short. And mostly The Pack has been really good for a really long time now. I'm not ready to fire everybody (except Pettine and the special teams coach) because we lost in the semi finals two years in a row. That really sounds ridiculous.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Season was a failure. You play the game to win championships. Anything less is not acceptable. That was the attitude under Lombardi and it showed. Choking in the playoffs year after year isn't success unless you are comfortable with losing and hanging division banners in your stadium like the Vikings.

Probably would have won if you had cheered harder from your couch. Next time do better.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah agree, let's take stock of some positives right now.

This isn't just for you Dantes, but watch this video and go to 6 minutes even. Watch number 28, the DBs feet right after contact. Dillon isn't just plowing forward with multiple would be tacklers on him, he is actually carrying a grown man on his back while doing it. If you go to 6:21 he basically squats a moving 200 pound man with just one leg firmly planted while he's off balanced. Aikman wasn't far off when he said that that was Earl Campbell like.

MLFs offense is predicated on combing spread WCO concepts with power, forcing teams to play lighter schemes and then just running over the smaller defenders. I think our offense takes another step next year as long as we are healthy.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Against Tampa when Dillon carried a grown man + others for a good 5 yards I was laughing so hard. Can’t wait to see more of that.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Against Tampa when Dillon carried a grown man + others for a good 5 yards I was laughing so hard. Can’t wait to see more of that.

I was irritated and still am that we didn't see more, but I kind of get it. If Dillon Fs up the Coach eats a lot of the blame. I think rolling with Jones and Williams seemed like the safer option although I really liked Dillon's matchup. If there's one thing I've learned from being a Wisco fan its that against a small fast defenses, running over them never gets old. Yes they have a great run defense but I'd love to see their ILBs face up against someone like AJ. I expect that even if Jones did return we'd see a lot more Dillon next year, as it is I think he's front runner to be the guy going forward and I for one am excited.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Was a really fun and entertaining season for me. Enjoyed watching the young guys improve as the season progressed. That helps me get through the off-season thinking about the possibilities for next year.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went through the 70s and 80s until Favre. We had some really good players during that time but were never really a good team. I think it is worse to be terrible than to have really good teams that come up short. And mostly The Pack has been really good for a really long time now. I'm not ready to fire everybody (except Pettine and the special teams coach) because we lost in the semi finals two years in a row. That really sounds ridiculous.

I understand what you say but have the opposite view. During the Gory Years, the team rarely dangled high expectations in front of me, so the objective wasn't a trophy but knocking a particular foe out of contention or, in most cases, just winning a game. That was the quarter-century during which "a win is a win" actually meant something, because that's all there was. The most recent 1/4 century has been the reverse (for me). Almost every year starts with a legit chance at the brass ring and ends in disappointment.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand what you say but have the opposite view. During the Gory Years, the team rarely dangled high expectations in front of me, so the objective wasn't a trophy but knocking a particular foe out of contention or, in most cases, just winning a game. That was the quarter-century during which "a win is a win" actually meant something, because that's all there was. The most recent 1/4 century has been the reverse (for me). Almost every year starts with a legit chance at the brass ring and ends in disappointment.
There is always hope. Even when the team ends up being bad. Unless, of course, things are half empty. For example, Favre came out of nowhere.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dead horse, but Bart may be a good example of what I mean. The Pack was looking for a QB since SBII, meaning that one would have had to crank up the hope again every year for that quarter century. Kudos to you and anyone who can do that, but eventually, I just accepted the situation. Also, I don't think you can call trading a first round draft choice as coming out of nowhere. But, again, dead horse, so...

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts