Great Season

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally agree. After the pain and the beer wears off, I am always appreciative that my favorite team made it further than 28 others. It was a great season to be a Packers fan once again.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Packers have had some truly awful luck in the playoffs in recent years. From the 2014 debacle, to playing teams in 2016, 2019, and 2020 that molly whopped us in the regular season (Atlanta, SF, Tampa).

There's always that one team that seems to be our kryptonite.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've shown much improvement both offensively and defensively over past 2 seasons under MLF.

Next season would be much more challenging considering the salary cap stuff and I'm already looking forward to drafting a backup QB to Love.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It truly was a great season, but it's gonna be a minute before I get over this one. This was our best chance going to the SB and we blew it. All I feel right now is pain.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great season. I was a sceptic that we could repeat what we did last year, but before yesterday's game I felt like we could win it all (even though the Bucs manhandled us during the regular season) which was the first time I felt that way since I discovered the sport in 2013 season. I was a sceptic on MVS and he has shown that he belongs (all though I still think we need a better #2). We will some key components leaving, but if we can retain Linsley, Williams and Tonyan I am optimistic going forward.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Season was a failure. You play the game to win championships. Anything less is not acceptable. That was the attitude under Lombardi and it showed. Choking in the playoffs year after year isn't success unless you are comfortable with losing and hanging division banners in your stadium like the Vikings.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Season was a failure. You play the game to win championships. Anything less is not acceptable. That was the attitude under Lombardi and it showed. Choking in the playoffs year after year isn't success unless you are comfortable with losing and hanging division banners in your stadium like the Vikings.

I was going to say. Maybe for a team like the Bears the season would be great. But we have higher standards around here.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe you guys should practice harder then?

I enjoy football, I was pretty entertained all season. Very disappointed in yesterday, but then banging on these keys any harder wasn't going to affect the outcome so what do you do?

I watch because I like the Packers, if I felt it was all a failure every year someone else doesn't win something for me, i'd probably try and find meaning in something else. It's just a game.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the Bills losing yesterday, I think it's appropriate to ask if the folks that follow Buffalo think back fondly to the early '90s. Four consecutive years with being closer to the brass ring than we are, but how happy are they to look back on four final defeats?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe the question needs to be "does one evaluate the season with each game getting equal weight, or, as we used to say in the military, "one aw-sh__ cancels a thousand attaboys"?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wrong thread

The op wanted a great season thread.

Make your own horrible season thread.

Wait, lot of you do that in every effing thread

rdawsoniii

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. The Packers would have been better off not making the playoffs. All they got for their NFCCG loss was a lower draft pick.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See, that's why we need mods to tell us what we're reading. I read the op to say that they felt that way, not looking for confirmation.

However, as with some other posts, I may have learned something technical about the forum. Does a thread ban mean what it appear to - a poster can freely roam around the rest of the forum, but not that particular thread?

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a good season. Just as in life, the nfl is more about the journey than the destination. The sundays spent cheering/yelling at the tv with a few beers, good food and hopes of what could be. That’s what football is about.

Every single season has their own obstacles, triumphs and experiences which I cherish, and I will continue to until the day I die. Go Packers.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
See, that's why we need mods to tell us what we're reading. I read the op to say that they felt that way, not looking for confirmation.

However, as with some other posts, I may have learned something technical about the forum. Does a thread ban mean what it appear to - a poster can freely roam around the rest of the forum, but not that particular thread?
They can read this, just not reply to thread

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think so

Members online

Latest posts