1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Goodbye James Jones

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by El Guapo, Mar 19, 2014.

1. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,489
    So we all know that he signed with Oakland. He recently did an interview on serius radio about his move and discussed the reasons why. Mainly it sounded like he wanted to help his hometown team turn things around, which I think is one of the most noble things a veteran player can do in a league. He also said that he wasn't concerned about the QB situation in Oakland, stating that if he was looking for a team with another Aaron Rodgers....he'd still be looking.

James is a classy guy and we'll miss him. I wish him good luck.

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/james-...ith-another-aaron-rodgers-id-still-be-looking

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. ls1bob

ls1bob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +54
    Agreed. I will miss James,he is a class act in my opinion.

3. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,063
    I'm happy he got the contract he wanted, and wish him well. He was a solid player for us the last few years.

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    GL JJ!!

Waiting to see if HE will bash Rodgers like Jennings did

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  5. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    I'll bet you a dollar and a donut it doesn't happen. Class guy and I'm miss him. Some of his catches the last two years were jaw-dropping.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,268
    Definately one of my heroes to wear green and gold. Good luck for the future JJ.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  7. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    He is a great player, and a great person. He is a cut above Greg Jennings. I wish him well and glad he went to the AFC instead of one of our rivals. Packers who go directly to the Vikings show their true colors.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,489
    So Favre going indirectly to the Vikings, via the Jets, made his move classy? :D

9. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    oh no, that was a trade (for a traitor), dude would have signed with the Vikings otherwise.

10. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
  11. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,091
    I'm going to miss him as well. My impression of this man is that his elevator goes all of the way to the top. I like professional athletes who don't come off as morons.

Good luck ... James. When this guy went through his bout of "droppsies" a few years back...he was still doing interviews on local TV saying "It's me. I need to concentrate more intently". I love guys with character.

12. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
  13. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,320
    About one month ago, I wrote: "I would much rather extend Nelson and Cobb than extend Jones and I hope that's the reason for this decision if Jones does go elsewhere. I really respect Jones as a person and a player. I particularly admired his renewed dedication focusing on catching the ball which resulted in his great 2012 season and dramatic reduction in drops. So I would really like to see him stay in Green Bay but not at the expense of other, higher priority players. And in addition to Boykin, WR is the position Thompson has had the best luck drafting..."

As most know, one of the ways Jones focused on catching the ball was by talking to himself during the game. That seems a bit odd but IMO it is a great example of his dedication. In a cap free NFL Jones would have and should have retired as a member of the Packers.

14. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    James jones will have more catches and yds than Jordy Nelson and Randel cobb. Yea I said it. Packers of course will have better record but I have confidence in JJ. Don't maker look bad!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1