Goodbye James Jones

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we all know that he signed with Oakland. He recently did an interview on serius radio about his move and discussed the reasons why. Mainly it sounded like he wanted to help his hometown team turn things around, which I think is one of the most noble things a veteran player can do in a league. He also said that he wasn't concerned about the QB situation in Oakland, stating that if he was looking for a team with another Aaron Rodgers....he'd still be looking.

James is a classy guy and we'll miss him. I wish him good luck.

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/james-...ith-another-aaron-rodgers-id-still-be-looking

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm happy he got the contract he wanted, and wish him well. He was a solid player for us the last few years.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
GL JJ!!

Waiting to see if HE will bash Rodgers like Jennings did

Last edited:

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
GL JJ!!

Waiting to see if HE will bad Rodgers like Jennings did
I'll bet you a dollar and a donut it doesn't happen. Class guy and I'm miss him. Some of his catches the last two years were jaw-dropping.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Definately one of my heroes to wear green and gold. Good luck for the future JJ.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a great player, and a great person. He is a cut above Greg Jennings. I wish him well and glad he went to the AFC instead of one of our rivals. Packers who go directly to the Vikings show their true colors.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm going to miss him as well. My impression of this man is that his elevator goes all of the way to the top. I like professional athletes who don't come off as morons.

Good luck ... James. When this guy went through his bout of "droppsies" a few years back...he was still doing interviews on local TV saying "It's me. I need to concentrate more intently". I love guys with character.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
About one month ago, I wrote: "I would much rather extend Nelson and Cobb than extend Jones and I hope that's the reason for this decision if Jones does go elsewhere. I really respect Jones as a person and a player. I particularly admired his renewed dedication focusing on catching the ball which resulted in his great 2012 season and dramatic reduction in drops. So I would really like to see him stay in Green Bay but not at the expense of other, higher priority players. And in addition to Boykin, WR is the position Thompson has had the best luck drafting..."

As most know, one of the ways Jones focused on catching the ball was by talking to himself during the game. That seems a bit odd but IMO it is a great example of his dedication. In a cap free NFL Jones would have and should have retired as a member of the Packers.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James jones will have more catches and yds than Jordy Nelson and Randel cobb. Yea I said it. Packers of course will have better record but I have confidence in JJ. Don't maker look bad!

Members online

Latest posts