Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted Aug. 09, 2005

Chris Havel
Get out of tub and get on field

E-mail Chris Havel at [email protected]

Click here for the Chris Havel archive
Training Camp 2005
Visit our Training Camp page for more stories, photo galleries and audio clips.

There is an old saying in the National Football League:

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to defend Martin or Hunt, and I don't even like Grady anymore because of his complaining, but I don't see the point of dumping on guys who are injured. The coaches would rather have these players heal than try to play through injuries in the opening week of training camp.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I happen to agree with this article. It's one thing to play hurt and get injured more. It's quite another thing to come into camp in shape ready to play. Players that are already in shape heal more quickly. There isn't a player in camp that doesn't have some sort of injury at this time of the pre-season and it's going to get worse. Grady comes in complalining that he wants more money, but he's not in shape and can't pass his physical. The job has all but been handed to Martin, but he's always injuured and doens't seemto have the heart to step up and match his effort to his talent. Hunt was a paid a boat load of money to be a big money player, but he not only doesn't show up on game day, he doesn't show up any place. I truly can't imagine any of these guys making it any place else, but not because they're not talented, they have no heart. Havel nailed it right on the money.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I agree, but disagree.

I agree if a player is constantly injured and not someone you can depend on, release them.

I do disagree if the player is seriously injured and being ragged on. But in this case, he's been naming players who are slack off's that won't live to their potential anymore.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tyrone Davis Jr. is about as well paid as anyone in the NFL and never have to put forth anything. Ted Thompson gave him a signing bonus and a 2 year contract.
Every Gm makes mistakes.

Like a date you spend lots of money on several times and get nothing in return Martin has collected signing bonuses and paychecks with little in exchange.
It is time to move on.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hunt and Martin where no shows last years when we nedded them, now grady is crying, I say cut them, if they dont what to be here or dont have the heart to play for the Packers let them try to find another place where they are paid for nothing !!

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two of the players mentioned above were off season contract malcontents. Couple that with the T.O.(turned off) stuff from Philly and do we have a conspiracy?

David Martin is a prissy, not a contract problem.

This is a test for Sherman: will he be like Lombardi and tell them to get on the field or get the hell out.....or will he be like Lindy Infante and establish a country club atmosphere?

In Grady's case...I think they did some pre-emptive work by placing him in the TFTP(too fat to produce)list. It keeps him from pulling a T.O. I wonder how long Javon Walker's 'groin' will slow him down?

Sorry, my mind thinks in conspiracies.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good article. Why we have waited so long to address the backup TE is beyond me. We should have spent a 5th -7th pick years ago for a young TE we could deveop. Or perhaps even a 3rd rd for a TE instead of a punter.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts