Good Game, Steelers Fans.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta be honest, this is a Super Bowl to remember. I knew this was going to be close, and it would all come down to the last minutes.

Your team is no joke. Your defense is called the "Steel Curtain" for a reason, and I was scared out of my mind when Roethlisberger was given the ball with 2 minutes left in the clock, giving me flashbacks to Super Bowl XLIII when he threw a clutch TD pass to Santonio Holmes with 3 seconds left on the clock.

Again, good game, and I hope to see this matchup again in Super Bowl XLVI.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, man!
We'll do our level-best to hold up our end of it next year. Assuming we *have* a next year.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you guys feel? I don't know if this was a great SB. Thought it was awfully sloppy. It was turning to be really good for us, but then Woodson and Shields got injuried and our backups started missing assignments like last year, and almost everything went down the drain.

And you guys had a pletora of turnovers...

BadKarma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you guys feel? I don't know if this was a great SB. Thought it was awfully sloppy. It was turning to be really good for us, but then Woodson and Shields got injuried and our backups started missing assignments like last year, and almost everything went down the drain.

It was good in some respects, because there were the Steeler comebacks and that lends to the excitement of the game for most fans of the NFL. Steeler turnovers were fatal. The Packers played much much better then the Steelers overall. As a Steeler fan, I'm sure glad of the Dropsies that the Packers receivers had or this game would have gotten out of hand. But yeah,pretty sloppy on the Steelers part.

Again, Congrats and a eBeer on me for the Win. Because when 60 minutes are up, the better team Won.

43Hitman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. You guys are worthy Champions. Just know that we are coming for you next season. If we have one that is.

T

TMC

I'll tell you how I feel. It is disappointing. It would have been much harder to deal with if they had not won one 2 seasons ago or two since 2005. The 1995 loss to Dallas was really tough.

Of course, we hate Dallas though. I get the Packers. If we have to lose to someone, the Packers are one of the few that makes it easier. The two franchises have a lot of similarities, so it is easy to respect them.

I think the Steelers made too many mistakes. The INT for a TD was brutal. The fumble by Mendenhall when they were driving broke the Steelers back.

But, to be honest, no one gave the Steelers a chance entering the season. We were picked to finish third in the division and not make the playoffs. The ONLY people that believed in the Steelers were the diehard fans. So, truthfully, it was a helluva ride. We simply fell short.

Also, I have to state this.....after the Seahawks win, all we heard was how it was fixed for the Steelers and the refs gave them the game. Then, the same rumblings came after the Cardinals game. This season, all we have heard about is Ben and his off the field issues, how dirty a team the Steelers are, and all the ugly things other fans can think of to drag this team down. To be honest, if we would have won, all the fix talk is back on the table. It kind of stomps that out a little for us.

Now that we lost to the Packers, I will stand here and state, there were some calls I complained about during the game, but I always yell at some....but this game did not hinge on the calls. None of them were significant. It is a non-issue. The fix was not in. The Packers did not play dirty. And, the off-the-field allegations were simply that, allegations. All the allegations in the world and a dollar get you a cup of coffee.

The Packers are World Champions because they earned it inside the white lines. The Steelers SIMPLY fell short. Today, you were the better team. No whining. No crying. We lost.

So, while I am sure there will be talk, conspiracies, and mud slinging (because they always seem to follow championships), it won't come from me. The Packers WON. Period. End of discussion.

The Steelers will reload this offseason, try to fix some areas that hurt this year, like the offensive line, and we will roar back next year. You cannot win them all. While my team made mistakes, they played hard. That is all I can ask of any team.

Silverback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grats, Packers. Ever since that near W over the Pats with Matt Flynn at QB, you guys have been on fire, playing with a head of steam. You definitely deserved to hoist that Lombardi. Turnovers proved to be too costly, as they most certainly should between two teams of such similar caliber. Hats off, Pack.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Good game guys..

Love your head coach btw.. His post game press conference was one of the most classy things I've heard.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Tomlin is a great coach, a great winner, but now has proven to be a great loser. His comments were very, very classy. Pittsburgh is a great team, and we are fortunate to have won the game. Steelers fans are almost as lucky as we are!! Good luck next year.