Gonna watch the Super Bowl?

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll probably be watching it at ******* in Sao Paulo (that's right, we gor a ******* in Sao Paulo, Brazil) with a bunch of nfl fans.

As much as I like Peyton Manning, I'll be rooting for the Saints. Drew Brees is a great QB and I think he just deserves it.

And it would be great to have another team with a SB. That just shows how much the queens sucks!

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I started a thread on this a couple weeks ago.

The majority don't seem to care.
Including myself and I'm a Who fan of the 60's/70's. Just isn't the same without Keith Moon.

Why The Who? They're not anywhere as near as popular as they used to be. What a strange choice for the SB HT show.
:focus:

I think they are just going for name recognition. One could say the same thing about every act they have had the last few years....McCartney, The Stones, Prince, Tom Petty. All these guys aren't as famous as they used to be, but lets face it, its WAY better than seeing a medley featuring, Aerosmith, Justin Timberlake, Brittney Spears, and Janet Jackson. Like, there's no comparison.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Can't get too excited. I think it's going to be a blowout by the Colts.

I will be rooting for the Saints. Would be nice for a team that has never won it, get it this time.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they are just going for name recognition. One could say the same thing about every act they have had the last few years....McCartney, The Stones, Prince, Tom Petty. All these guys aren't as famous as they used to be, but lets face it, its WAY better than seeing a medley featuring, Aerosmith, Justin Timberlake, Brittney Spears, and Janet Jackson. Like, there's no comparison.
Yeah I agree. I prefer classic rock myself.

I may be a nerd for suggesting this, but I would prefer a marching band. I think it would be cool to have the sounds of the drums and horns and seeing formations spelled out in something rather than a medly and stage show of forgettable tunes.
:dry:

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's going to be a blowout by the Colts.
Yeah that's my feeling too.
I don't think it's going to be a close game.
Yet I think there will be some excitement with big plays. I mean, hey, this is football after all.
:pleasantry:

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I have a feeling the Saints will keep it relatively close - especially if Freeney doesn't play. If Brees has time they will score points.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a hard call. Brees and Manning both good, Manning probably better under pressure. I like both QB's but can't help but have a soft spot for the Saints for the obvious reasons, but probably Colts win. Of course we all will watch, there is no life after football.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a hard call. Brees and Manning both good, Manning probably better under pressure. I like both QB's but can't help but have a soft spot for the Saints for the obvious reasons, but probably Colts win. Of course we all will watch, there is no life after football.

And there may be no life at all in 2011.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. I prefer classic rock myself.

I may be a nerd for suggesting this, but I would prefer a marching band. I think it would be cool to have the sounds of the drums and horns and seeing formations spelled out in something rather than a medly and stage show of forgettable tunes.
:dry:

I totally agree with you on that.

don_frosto

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why?

According to the Mayan calander life is supposed to end sometime in Dec. 2012.
But I don't buy into that stuff. Life will go on.
:sword:

Question about the same subject: Anyone excited about the end of the world or is it just me?? (if the whole end of the world on 2012 thing is actually true)

lol

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Question about the same subject: Anyone excited about the end of the world or is it just me?? (if the whole end of the world on 2012 thing is actually true)

lol
Well that's when the Mayan calander ended. And I think it's just misinterpreted.
Besides we are "talking" about an ancient primative culture before all the technology. I dunno if technology is really making things better but this was an ancient people who didn't have all the know how and knowledge of the world the way we do today.

So I think it will be like Y2K all over again. Some panic and anxiety. (Some paranoid survivalist nuts are already stocking up on arms, gold and canned foods.) The day will come *blip* and pass and we'll get on as if nothing had happened because nothing will have happened.
:eek:k:

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Super Bowl will be a yawner without Brett Favre and the Vikings. Minnesota versus Indy would have been one for the ages.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Super Bowl will be a yawner without Brett Favre and the Vikings. Minnesota versus Indy would have been one for the ages.

Yeah, how boring to have the two teams with the best records and no interceptions to end the game lol.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, how boring to have the two teams with the best records and no interceptions to end the game lol.
Somehow I think that a lot of us just had a feeling that somewhere at sometime during the season brINT was going to blow it yet again.
If it wasn't going to happen in the playoffs, it would have happened in the SB.
I just knew that Burnt Fail was going to blow it again.
And he'll do it again next year, if he comes back.
:viksux: BIG TIME

packerfan191

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I completely agree. I knew Favre was going to have "one of those games" in the playoffs like he always does. The question was just when he would. He will definitely blow it again next year if he comes back.
:viksux:

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Somehow I think that a lot of us just had a feeling that somewhere at sometime during the season brINT was going to blow it yet again.
If it wasn't going to happen in the playoffs, it would have happened in the SB.
I just knew that Burnt Fail was going to blow it again.
And he'll do it again next year, if he comes back.
:viksux: BIG TIME

It's really unfortunate to see guys like you completely clueless about NFL football - seriously.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself if, after having watched NFL football for any reasonable length of time, you continue to let yourself be hoodwinked by populist thought.

Favre is the reason the Vikings were in that game and he's the reason the Vikings put up such gaudy offensive statistics.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's really unfortunate to see guys like you completely clueless about NFL football - seriously.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself if, after having watched NFL football for any reasonable length of time, you continue to let yourself be hoodwinked by populist thought.

Favre is the reason the Vikings were in that game and he's the reason the Vikings put up such gaudy offensive statistics.

Actually, you could say it's the other way around. The Vikings loaded team this year is the reason that Favre put up such gaudy statistics. They went to the playoffs last year and got knocked out in the first game of the playoffs instead of the second with Frerotte and TJ. So everyone saying Favre is the only reason they got that far could be the ones that are clueless.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, you could say it's the other way around. The Vikings loaded team this year is the reason that Favre put up such gaudy statistics. They went to the playoffs last year and got knocked out in the first game of the playoffs instead of the second with Frerotte and TJ. So everyone saying Favre is the only reason they got that far could be the ones that are clueless.

This proves you have absolutely no clue about NFL football.

First - each season is an independent event. Just because a team makes it to the playoffs one year doesn't mean **** for the ensuing year. I mean, we Packer fans - of all recent fans - should understand this(2007 to 2008 ). There are things like free agency and strength of schedule that impact a teams chances in any given year.

How many catches and TD's did Sidney Rice have last year and this year? Visanthe Shiancoe? How many lost fumbles did Part Time have this year compared to last? What was Part Time's per carry average this year compared with seasons gone by? How many times was Favre sacked in the regular season? 36 times. Compare and contrast that with Peyton Manning's 10 times and then compare and contrast that information with the fact Favre had 7 picks to Manning's 16 this year. Also, factor in losing an All Pro center in Matt Birk reducing the Vikings' O-line to being a poor run-blocking unit, then shifting the attention back to Favre. And, all he did was produce.

You'd have to be either really blind or really naive to not understand the stratospheric level Favre played at - including the last playoff game. It's one thing to hate a player, but to tear him down using here say and speculation - while quite common these days - let's just say I'm not gonna let you get away such misinformation.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This proves you have absolutely no clue about NFL football.

First - each season is an independent event. Just because a team makes it to the playoffs one year doesn't mean **** for the ensuing year. I mean, we Packer fans - of all recent fans - should understand this(2007 to 2008 ). There are things like free agency and strength of schedule that impact a teams chances in any given year.

How many catches and TD's did Sidney Rice have last year and this year? Visanthe Shiancoe? How many lost fumbles did Part Time have this year compared to last? What was Part Time's per carry average this year compared with seasons gone by? How many times was Favre sacked in the regular season? 36 times. Compare and contrast that with Peyton Manning's 10 times and then compare and contrast that information with the fact Favre had 7 picks to Manning's 16 this year. Also, factor in losing an All Pro center in Matt Birk reducing the Vikings' O-line to being a poor run-blocking unit, then shifting the attention back to Favre. And, all he did was produce.

You'd have to be either really blind or really naive to not understand the stratospheric level Favre played at - including the last playoff game. It's one thing to hate a player, but to tear him down using here say and speculation - while quite common these days - let's just say I'm not gonna let you get away such misinformation.

Most here do not tear him down or says he isn't a great QB. You are just way too sensitive where Brett is concerned. Saying that the Viking team made him better this year is not hating on him. Did I say he didn't play well in the last game or that it was his fault they lost? No, I did not. You had just called someone clueless about football and I was just pointing out that the team the Vikes had this year could have won with almost any halfway competent QB. Now back to will we watch the SB. Hell yes!

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most here do not tear him down or says he isn't a great QB. You are just way too sensitive where Brett is concerned. Saying that the Viking team made him better this year is not hating on him. Did I say he didn't play well in the last game or that it was his fault they lost? No, I did not. You had just called someone clueless about football and I was just pointing out that the team the Vikes had this year could have won with almost any halfway competent QB. Now back to will we watch the SB. Hell yes!
Thank you.

Yeah, getting back on topic:
Anyone else going to watch?
Should be a good one because this is the ******* super bow!
And this is American football, baby!
Go Colts!
Go Saints!
Give us a good and exciting game to watch!
:Bananas: :star-wars: :friends: :nhl2:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was a little worried this could've gotten out of hand, but way to go guys!
-
Back to topic, as I've said before, I really don't mind who wins, but I'm 99% sure it'll be a great game, as the last SBs have been...

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back to topic, as I've said before, I really don't mind who wins, but I'm 99% sure it'll be a great game, as the last SBs have been...
Top two teams.
Can't get any better than that.
Will be an awesome one.
:snack:

Members online

Latest posts