Gonna float this out there

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Favre took more risks, which obviously resulted in a lot more INTs. So which is better? I don't know, but it might be the reason why Favre is ranked #10 all time in 4th quarter comebacks, and Rodgers is ranked #62.
More then once, Rodgers got them the led but def blew it

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be interesting to note their time per pass average. Rodgers, I think we would all agree, would benefit from shorter quicker passes to avoid the rush. I wonder if Favre was better at getting the ball out on the shorter plays than Rodgers has been.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ignoring winning is ridiculous. One hand washes the other. Brady wins... Rodgers... not so much. What you saw Sunday, and we have seen too much the last 4-5 years... is not a confident leader. If you like or admire excuses fine... I do not. Rodgers is a good QB... trying to put him in the same class as Brady or Montana is imo crazy

Does the Qb play every position on the field in your fantasy land?

Reaction score
Favre took more risks, which obviously resulted in a lot more INTs. So which is better? I don't know, but it might be the reason why Favre is ranked #10 all time in 4th quarter comebacks, and Rodgers is ranked #62.
Interesting. Does that take into account Favre played 19 seasons to Rodgers 11.5? Or is it at this point as a starter etc..?
The only reason I say that is I often see comparisons of the two QBs, but many are not in respect to being at even points in their careers or with the same quantity of opportunities to qualify for a 4th qtr comeback.

Last edited:

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score

Favre had some very good defenses to rely upon. Top 10 in 7 of his years as the Packers QB. Over his career with the Packers the defenses averaged about 11th in the league for points allowed. Defenses in Rodgers career average 16th for point allowed. Aaron's ranking would likely improve with a better defense.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/index.htm

Also, coaching matters when talking about QBs and there success. Brett Favre may not have had a successful NFL career without Mike Holmgren who was able to temper Brett's "hold my bear and watch this" mentality. I remember the fans cheering when he finally learned to throw a ball away instead of forcing it down field. Brett had some ugly games early on and then settled down with the right coaching. Once Mike left I think he regressed back a bit.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre at his worst was forced throws and turnover after turnover.

Rodgers at his worst is a completely stagnant offense, coverage sacks and no ball movement.

There's no point arguing which is worse because neither one is going to win you any games.

Favre at his worst is at least trying to make something happen. Rodgers at his worst is paralyzed with fear of making a bad throw.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why are we arguing that if Rodgers wouldn't hold the ball too long and if he would throw a risky pass it immediately would result in an interception. This argument is so flawed. Rodgers can take more risk without drastically increasing the odds of him getting picked.

I'm not convinced another receiver aside of Adams currently deserves to be trusted.

And sure, we have also heard the argument before that Adams is the only WR we can trust. And while I dont completely disagree, its not like Aaron has another choice if we hope to do anything meaningful in the playoffs. Furthermore, last time I checked he was balling out during the games Adams was out, not in.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:tdown::tdown:
Int on 1st down? Than sack.:tdown:

I know you can read and I know you know I have been specifically referring to SACK/FUMBLE PLAYS. In case you aren't aware, that refers to plays where he is sacked AND fumbles the ball.

Quit being obtuse.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know you can read and I know you know I have been specifically referring to SACK/FUMBLE PLAYS. In case you aren't aware, that refers to plays where he is sacked AND fumbles the ball.

Quit being obtuse.

As Pintsizedbox9 said, Rodgers has a grand total of 3 fumbles this year. You speak as if he is fumbling almost every time he is sacked. The QB with the most fumbles this year has 14!!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As Pintsizedbox9 said, Rodgers has a grand total of 3 fumbles this year. You speak as if he is fumbling almost every time he is sacked. The QB with the most fumbles this year has 14!!

The point is that he holds the ball way too long and it has resulted in those three lost fumbles. You ignore that he also fumbled 4 or 5 others that we recovered. It's not acceptable. Pass to the open man and quit locking on #17. So far so good today.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre at his worst was forced throws and turnover after turnover.

Rodgers at his worst is a completely stagnant offense, coverage sacks and no ball movement.

There's no point arguing which is worse because neither one is going to win you any games.

lol.

I think you've put this the best way possible.

I think many of us appreciate Brett just "giving it a shot" when he was playing...sure he had 6 interceptions against the Rams in 2001, sure he had the interceptions against the Giants at Lambeau when Eli went and won his first SB, etc

But he was fun to watch and we "appreciate" Brett just saying, "what the hell? I'm going to just throw it up"