Going to my first ever game Sunday!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
After my Dad has been a fan for 47 years, and I've been one for 21 years, we're finally going to see our first Packers game together. We went to the Return to Titletown, but never a game. Can't wait! Go Pack Go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent! Congrats and enjoy. I will never forget the look on my son's face the first time we got the full "cinemascope" view of Lambeau. It really and truly is a feeling you'll never forget -- also, keep an eye your Dad's face as well. If he's never been there ... you two will be sharing the same emotion and I'm not just talking. The Lambeau experience is not just a bunch of 'homers' talking -- you hear the same thing from visiting fans making their first trip inside Lambeau.

Vikings fans in particular. I was at a Packers/Vikings game a few years back at Lambeau and had the pleasure of sitting around, oh... I don't know 10-15 Vikings fans from the Minneapolis metro area ... and these folks went on and on about the ambiance and 'the feel'. Of course, these fans weren't ESPN generation kiddies, these were hardened longtime Vikings fans who actually understood the game - you know, aside from the Carolina fans at the NFC Championship game following the '96 season, I don't recall having more fun than with those people.

You're going to love it, man.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Get someone to take your pic when you walk into the bowl..Nothing else like it

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just stood outside for awhile in what I plan on wearing. I think I'll be good, still scared about the feet lol.

Get a bucket of cold ice water.
Set it outside for a good 10 minutes.
If you can stand inside of that for a good hour, your good to go!

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like a local business will be distributing hand warmers to fans entering the stadium. That will help, but I would suggest buying an additional 3-4 packs:

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...off-game/f239a5cc-0b40-4e57-a09a-7a8d94ab7aa8

I went to the 2008 Championship game and had very little time to prepare (we expected the Packers to be playing in Dallas). I went to a local outdoor gear store and bought insulated boots, mittens, a full-face ski mask and socks rated to -50. I ended up wearing about 5 layers of clothes and, for the most part, I was fine, except for my feet. I had put a pair of hand warmers in my shoes just before entering the stadium and, by halftime, my feet were freezing. The problem is with the concrete below your feet. It was suggested that a piece of cardboard between your shoes and the concrete would help, but I didn't heed the advice. Anyway, spent the half in the concourse replacing the hand warmers in my shoes, but by the end of the game, my feet felt like two blocks of ice. Made the walk back to the car all the more painful with the way the game ended. No regrets, though.
I know you'll have a blast regardless of the outcome. As others have mentioned, you may have seen Lambeau on television 100 times, but you haven't experienced it until the first time you enter the bowl. Be safe and Go Packers!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...except for my feet. I had put a pair of hand warmers in my shoes just before entering the stadium and, by halftime, my feet were freezing. The problem is with the concrete below your feet. It was suggested that a piece of cardboard between your shoes and the concrete would help, but I didn't heed the advice. Anyway, spent the half in the concourse replacing the hand warmers in my shoes, but by the end of the game, my feet felt like two blocks of ice. Made the walk back to the car all the more painful with the way the game ended.
That's my thoughts on the weather too.... PAINFUL, as well as dangerous. I hate that climate so much..... that I moved to Dallas.

This ******* weather is GOING to affect the game.
I heard Lacy has asthma and that is a concern too.

Good luck to all those going.... and don't let any idiots take their shirts off.

OP
OP
Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I finally found the outfit that will help me at least tolerate the weather. From toes up.

2 pairs of knee high dryfit socks, 1 pair if thermal socks, shoes.

Shorts, 2 pairs of sweatpants.

Dryfit long sleeve shirt, Jordy jersey, regular hoodie, warmest hoodie, winter coat.

Hat, scarf, gloves, hand warmers.

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Really and truly ... that IS impressive ^^^ .... just another example of how there is an exception to every sweeping generalization made, regardless of how "correct" said sweeping generalization was.

Frank made a valid point...I'm sure the drunk dumb sh*ts with "dunlop's disease" and man boobs where the focus of Frank's comments, right? Right!!

In swoops Robert to provide a reasonable exception and we're all in agreement that this... THIS .... is a worthy exception to Frank's otherwise truthful observation.

Thank you, Robert for being the beacon of rational thought. Luv ya, brother. :)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry that the Pack didn't win for you and all the others who went there and froze their, um, fingers and toes.

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score
The experience was everything I thought it'd be. Had an awesome time.
The Lambeau experience is always awesome! The first time I went was a Monday nighter against the Bears ! As I walked in I felt like the Dad going into Notre Dame stadium in the movie "Rudy" Had tears in my eyes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts