Going to my first ever game Sunday!

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Fantastic ! Dress very warmly, Don't let your feet get cold or your done for !

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After my Dad has been a fan for 47 years, and I've been one for 21 years, we're finally going to see our first Packers game together. We went to the Return to Titletown, but never a game. Can't wait! Go Pack Go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cheer loud when the packers are on offense :sneaky:

congrats tho! i've been to lambeau, it's legendary

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Making the drive from Chicago, we know cold lol. But I'll be sure to dressed in many layers

I just know that I can have on 22 layers of cloths, but if my feet get cold , then I am in trouble. The weather report says it will be windy, snowy, and sub zero temps., so have fun.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Making the drive from Chicago, we know cold lol. But I'll be sure to dressed in many layers

Until the first time you do it, it is amazing how cold you can get after you've been in temperatures like this for 3-5 hours without getting a chance to warm up. Plus you have to get in a cold vehicle when leaving which takes time to get warm. I'd venture a guess you get almost to Milwaukee before you finally feel warm to the core. Good luck.

OP
OP
Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until the first time you do it, it is amazing how cold you can get after you've been in temperatures like this for 3-5 hours without getting a chance to warm up. Plus you have to get in a cold vehicle when leaving which takes time to get warm. I'd venture a guess you get almost to Milwaukee before you finally feel warm to the core. Good luck.

Oh I fully understand the risk, but with my parents paying for two kids colleges (Nebraska and Boston University) and us living so far away, this really is like a once in a lifetime for us. So Ill brave the cold this one time!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Oh it will be fun! The people crammed in next to you will help keep you warm! Have fun!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure hope that you get your monies worth and that it's worth the long drive and time and trouble of sitting in the cold for ya!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grab yourself a dozen hand warmers. Fire them up, then drop em down your shirt to your belly. 2 or 3 running will keep you nice and warm. Also get yourself a 'hot seat'. Its a plastic cushion filled with styrofoam beads. Keep your butt off the cold seat is big. Bring a couple blankets and share a bit of body heat with your dad.

I'm very jealous - you should have a great time. Kudos to you for stepping up to the plate and providing some hometown cheering for the Pack!

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Protect your feet with thick wool socks and rubber boots ! Extra socks and oversize boots if possible .

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish i could there flight $700 plus a hotel.... I can't swing it. Congrats on your first game!!!

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Enjoy your experience.
Soak it all in and take alot of pics.
Try try to get there early enough to experience the tailgating culture. The area around the Brett Favre Steakhouse is best IMO.
I would like to see the look on your face when you get to the top of the steps and look down on the field and around that magnificent stadium.
Win or lose, you will have a lifetime of memories:).

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am super jealous! We have been there 3 times, and the experience is unreal, especially the first time. Enjoy, its the best place on earth. Great football, great fans, players actually do sign stuff for you, and the food is amazing. Soak it all up and GO PACK GO.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grab yourself a dozen hand warmers. Fire them up, then drop em down your shirt to your belly. 2 or 3 running will keep you nice and warm. Also get yourself a 'hot seat'. Its a plastic cushion filled with styrofoam beads. Keep your butt off the cold seat is big. Bring a couple blankets and share a bit of body heat with your dad.

I'm very jealous - you should have a great time. Kudos to you for stepping up to the plate and providing some hometown cheering for the Pack!

I second using a cushion instead of sitting on the metal bleachers. That makes a huge difference.

OP
OP
Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words guys. I am a student at the University of Nebraska, so I feel like I kind of get the college version of a Packers game when I watch the Huskers, in terms of atmosphere and tradition. Should be a lot of fun, cant wait to get up there!

robertk328

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words guys. I am a student at the University of Nebraska, so I feel like I kind of get the college version of a Packers game when I watch the Huskers, in terms of atmosphere and tradition. Should be a lot of fun, cant wait to get up there!
I'm curious if you will still say they are "kind of" the same after Sunday :)

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After my Dad has been a fan for 47 years, and I've been one for 21 years, we're finally going to see our first Packers game together. We went to the Return to Titletown, but never a game. Can't wait! Go Pack Go!

The first game I attended was also a playoff loss, so I can only tell you it will be hard at first but it will get easier.

Members online

Latest posts