Going to Family night 2012

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be our fifth year in a row. I have talked twelve other family members and their families into going this year. I hope it doesn't rain again. Always a great, great time previewing the Green and Gold.

Go Pack Go!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every time I go it rains. I've given up.... Then again the last time the rain forced me in a hotel room hot tub with this girl .... So maybe I should go again....

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be there but in the consession stand. Stop by grab a beer & a brat & say hi. The GB collectors cup is nice. Don't know if it's dif from last yr but I'll guess that it is.

OP
OP
LAG

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be there but in the consession stand. Stop by grab a beer & a brat & say hi. The GB collectors cup is nice. Don't know if it's dif from last yr but I'll guess that it is.

Do you know where you'll be working ?

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
W/our D going against our O line of they get to Rodgers do they play 2 hand tag as I know they won't sack'em. They probably play somewhat like the Pro Bowl I'm guessing.

OP
OP
LAG

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
W/our D going against our O line of they get to Rodgers do they play 2 hand tag as I know they won't sack'em. They probably play somewhat like the Pro Bowl I'm guessing.

It is a scrimmage and the QB's will wear a red jersey, so no sacks allowed. But it will be fun to watch the new guys on defense playing the hearts out for a spot on the roster.

I really hope we don't hear the so familiar announcement coming from the PA system- "the national weather service has issued a severe thunderstorm warning. Please exit the stadium to the concourses immediately".... :(

OP
OP
LAG

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers today announced this years Family Night is sold out. 70,000 tickets have been distributed.

The weather forecast for friday calls for no rain (only a 10% chance). Cross your fingers, lol.
Gonna be an epic display of Green & Gold !!

GO PACK GO!

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read where the last time they sold out was 2008. This was the 6th time in 12 yrs they sold out. I'm thinking we got plenty of rain this past week to last at least until Aug. 5th.

OP
OP
LAG

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
VlTrophy, send some of that rain down to southern Wisconsin. We are in a severe drought and parched.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll do what I can. It rained here in GB today so I prayed there would be no more rain unless in S. WI. Until after Fri.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just about got everything ready to open the doors tomorrow. Haven't been told which consession stand I'm in tomorrow

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worked on the 1st floor. Could hear the announcer & a few times he said "the kick is gooood!" I'd yell & celebrate OOOHHH YEAH!!! Yes I know it was a scrimmage just showing my Packer Pride. The young girl who sang the Star Spangled Banner did a very good job

OP
OP
LAG

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was there but didn't get around much in the stadium friday because I am nursing a very sore leg from a bike fall. I agree with you Vltrophy, the little girl that sang the anthem did as well or better than most I have seen and heard. It was great weather for a change and the fireworks where great fun as usual. The new giant scoreboards are awesome. Lambeau is getting taller and taller with the big boards and south end zone seat construction, it's form is noticeable from a greater distance now.
One thing I took from the scrimmage is that TJ Lang will probably challenge Mr Crosby for the kicking duties next camp. Lol. Seriously, our D looked they are on a mission this year and I expect their ratings to end up considerably higher than last years edition.
Lunch at Curly's Pub was good. My brother-in-law bought dinner at BF's Steakhouse and I enjoyed the food, but the pics of Brett everywhere seemed kind out of place or out of vouge these days in Titletown. Tons of people are constantly streaming in to the Atrium for tours, everyday. LF is an amazing football experience.

Go Pack Go!

Members online

Latest posts