GO PACK! Kill the lambs!

danicafreak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Rams are like the Ravens of old - Good D, suspect O.

I hope AR exposes them.

Then, I hope the Saints beat the bucs, setting up a DB vs AR matchup for a chance to go to the SB. In the snow.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady vs Rodgers or Brees vs Rodgers should be quite the show. The Bucs don't scare me and I hope they don't scare the Packers. Good competitors should welcome the challenge to play an opponent who previously beat them soundly. The USA hockey team didn't back down against the Russians in 1980.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

Brady vs Rodgers or Brees vs Rodgers should be quite the show. The Bucs don't scare me and I hope they don't scare the Packers. Good competitors should welcome the challenge to play an opponent who previously beat them soundly.

I would definitely prefer the Packers to play the Saints in the NFCCG with Brees not being used to play in the cold compared to Brady.

In addition fans should take last year's loss in the championship game vs. the Niners as a cautionary tale while proposing to face an opponent for a second time after losing in a blowout in the first game.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care what fans think. The players shouldn't play scared. That's how you lose.

What do you say about teams, like the 2004 Vikings, that lost twice to the Packers and then beat us in the playoffs? Should they have taken their first two losses of the season as a cautionary tale?

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't care what fans think. The players shouldn't play scared. That's how you lose.

What do you say about teams, like the 2004 Vikings, that lost twice to the Packers and then beat us in the playoffs? Should they have taken their first two losses of the season as a cautionary tale?

The 2004 Vikings lost those two games by a combined margin of six points and weren't blown out though.

There's no doubt the Packers could beat the Bucs in the NFCCG but I would prefer to play the Saints.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many times has a team gotten blown out by another team during the regular season, only to come back and beat them in the playoffs? I know it's happened, but I don't think it's the norm. Off the top of my head, I can only think of the 2010 Jets, who lost 45-3 to the Patriots but came back to beat them in the Divisional Round. And even in that case, the Jets actually beat the Patriots in their first matchup of the years.

In our own recent history:
2019- Blown out by the 49ers in the regular season, blown out in the playoffs
2015- Blown out by the Cardinals in the regular season, lost narrowly in the playoffs
2014- Blown out by the Seahawks in the regular season, lost narrowly in the playoffs

D

Deleted member 6794

How many times has a team gotten blown out by another team during the regular season, only to come back and beat them in the playoffs? I know it's happened, but I don't think it's the norm. Off the top of my head, I can only think of the 2010 Jets, who lost 45-3 to the Patriots but came back to beat them in the Divisional Round. And even in that case, the Jets actually beat the Patriots in their first matchup of the years.

In our own recent history:
2019- Blown out by the 49ers in the regular season, blown out in the playoffs
2015- Blown out by the Cardinals in the regular season, lost narrowly in the playoffs
2014- Blown out by the Seahawks in the regular season, lost narrowly in the playoffs

Actually it happened last week when the Browns defeated the Steelers as they lost by a margin of 31 points to them in week 6. But they beat them in week 17 to reach the playoffs as well.

The 2008 Cardinals are the last team to win a game against an opponent in the playoffs after losing their only meeting in the regular season by at least 28 points after being the Eagles in the NFCCG that year.