Glade we did not trade Ferrgy

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not too sure about that - many in our Club were commenting on how he should have been traded two seasons ago.. To boot, he went ouot of the game shortly after Walker did.... THAT certainloy didn't help things much...

We need Terence Murphy to get healthy --- quick!
Time for TT to spend some $$$ on a replacement for Walker....

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
TOPackerFan said:
We have no $$ to spend. Murphy and Bragg will be on the roster vs. the Browns.

We have almost 4 mil in cap money.

Not anymore. Hunt is eating up at least $2 million of that and I don't know what the cap hit for cutting Luchey was but he got a big signing bonus too.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
ORRELSE said:
TOPackerFan said:
We have no $$ to spend. Murphy and Bragg will be on the roster vs. the Browns.

We have almost 4 mil in cap money.

Not anymore. Hunt is eating up at least $2 million of that and I don't know what the cap hit for cutting Luchey was but he got a big signing bonus too.

Someone with a link for the cap needs to investigate this. I was under the impression that the cap hits were minimal this year for Hunt and Luchey. Next year is when we take the full brunt of those transactions.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're actually right in that we saved some money by cutting Hunt. His base was $1.2 million which we cleared off the books so Hunt's cap number is actually $1.95 million (down from $3.2 million). $1.2 million for the prorated portion of his signing bonus and $750,000 for his roster bonus (thank God he chose not to work out in the offseason otherwise it would have been $1,000,000). Luchey only counts $180,000 against the cap this year and something like $600,000 next year for combined cap waste from these two of $4.2 million (still less than the $11 million in cap waste we had this season).

brewcrew1702

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see how there are so many Ferguson critics out there. He is a key part of our team. Over the past 2 seasons, he has been by far the top special teams performer. Sure he hasn't had any big games receiving, but how could he with Driver and Walker ahead of him. It is hard to get catches with the majority of the throws going to Walker, Driver, Franks, and Green. Ferguson had a great off-season getting into shape and I truly believe he has the ability to break through this year.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ferguson spends more time in the training room than on the field. The other thing is that I didn't like the way he pulled off that pass that was intercepted. If he truly wants to be the man, now is his chance, but I honestly haven't seen anything in his game to think he can handle playing more than he is right now.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
You're actually right in that we saved some money by cutting Hunt. His base was $1.2 million which we cleared off the books so Hunt's cap number is actually $1.95 million (down from $3.2 million). $1.2 million for the prorated portion of his signing bonus and $750,000 for his roster bonus (thank God he chose not to work out in the offseason otherwise it would have been $1,000,000). Luchey only counts $180,000 against the cap this year and something like $600,000 next year for combined cap waste from these two of $4.2 million (still less than the $11 million in cap waste we had this season).

A-HA! Good work. I knew it was something like that. So do you have our actual cap # right now?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01,

I'm as big of a #4 fan as there is but even I dislike it when announcers are quick to forgive his mistakes when he makes bad throws. The ball you are referring to with Fergy was not one of those, however.

Fergy pulled back and used gator arms on that ball allowing the interception and in fact, that wasn't Favre's fault. It really pissed Favre off too, you could tell on the sideline. Another play was when Chatman gave up on the go route simply because he got bumped a little bit. Not very characteristic of a good football team, not by a long shot.

Members online

Latest posts