Glad to be apart of this wonderful community...

flynsqrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bled Green and Gold since the 1972 season...
Ken Ellis (#48) is probably my favorite player that is NOT so popular...
Bart Starr is my all-time idol (wrote to him when I was in high school back in 1974 and got a reply back from him!)
Jerry Kramer is my favorite Packers that I have actually had the honor to meet!!!
Love most of our receivers, Brooks, Driver and Jennings...and hope Morgan Burnett continues to play well.
I went to UW-Madison because I was such a huge diehard Packers fan (you had to be in the middle 70's and pretty much all of the 80's!) LOL
I would stay up fairly late to listen to Packers games on the Armed Forces radio station along with all the static while I attended junior high/high school in Geneva, Switzerland... Was definitely the ONLY boy to wear YELLOW pants and a dark GREEN shirt to school back then.
Been to Milwaukee County Stadium for a Packers game and the Holy Land of Lambeau field twice (1994 and most recently Oct. 2nd for the Broncos game). It is so great to be surrounded by fellow Packers fans... (but I also thoroughly enjoyed the relief of finding a fellow Packers fan(s) at a crowded Bears bar back in the 80's)
Ate mac-and-cheese (and Ramen noodles) for months in able to purchase 2 Packers shares (one for my best friend, Randy and one for myself...) and have been soooooo glad I jumped at the opportunity ever since! There is a huge amount of satisfaction that is derived from knowing you are one of only 112,000 (out of millions!!!) of NFL fans that can actually say you are a "part" owner of your FAVORITE team...and that team being the BEST team in NFL history!!! :) I will look forward to the next stock sale, and this time I will eat Mac-and-cheese, Ramen noodles ONE DAY for nostaglia's sake!
I am a Packers fan more than a fan of any ONE player on the Packers, I bleed Green and Gold, and as such, I totally appreciated all the success Favre (and too many to name here...) brought back to Titletown..., (he did throw way too many INTs for a veteran with MVP status!) but when he retired/left, I was fully behind A.Rodgers and am so glad we are enjoying this success with many years to follow!
I'm just a science educator living down in Baton Rouge (hey, Jim Taylor lives down here!) amongst the plentiful Saints fans...and with our recent success, "and LOVIN' It..." like Maxwell Smart would have said... :)

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great story! I used to live in Baton Rouge for a while, too! From what I remember, they had more LSU stuff down there than Saints stuff, sports-wise. What's it like for you down there?

OP
OP
flynsqrl

flynsqrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you for the very warm welcome!
My only question (to myself...) is, "what took me so long?" LOL

Yup, Baton Rouge is covered with Purple and Yellow, plus all types of LSU flags everywhere!
(Up until yesterday, our Badgers were keeping pace with the Tigers...our Special teams let us down big time!
The way we were playing, up 14-0... we should have crammed it down MSU's throat when it was 4th and 1.
That would have probably broke their spirit!)

Although most people at work are Saints fans (we have 2 Dolphins fans here too...),
I don't get too much grief from them as we have NOT played each other in any single-elimination
playoff games yet...
(if Jennings had been able to get under AR's long bomb at the beginning of overtime in Arizona 2 years ago,
I think GB would have played the Colts in the Superbowl!)

* FYI, I'm touching the awesome grass at Lambeau's south endzone!
2 1/2 hours til the Packers game... Go Pack Go!!!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
why didn't my first welcome stick??? weird!! ... welcome again!!! :)

*scrolled up and back a few times... i posted earlier..oh well!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Another southerner on here, that's great! Glad to have you on board!

Never been to Baton Rogue but I'm familiar with the roads along the Gulf Coast. Lived in Pensacola FL for a few years, have been to games in New Orleans with my family when I was a kid, home is where the heart is in Alabama, came back home after the devastation of Katrina to help my folks, and I am glad I stayed. My family had their year with the Saints winning it all, and now I got bragging rights with out SB and beating them on the opening night of the season lol

OP
OP
flynsqrl

flynsqrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another southerner on here, that's great! Glad to have you on board!

Never been to Baton Rogue but I'm familiar with the roads along the Gulf Coast. Lived in Pensacola FL for a few years, have been to games in New Orleans with my family when I was a kid, home is where the heart is in Alabama, came back home after the devastation of Katrina to help my folks, and I am glad I stayed. My family had their year with the Saints winning it all, and now I got bragging rights with our SB and beating them on the opening night of the season lol

You got that right! :)
I've always been partial to Alabama as Bart Starr was a Crimson Tide alumni
...and thankful we barely held on to beat them and did not need to deal with the 2-point conversion!
(but really, the pass interference call in the endzone was pretty lame!!!)

Thanks for the warm welcome, starting to feel pretty welcome here... :)

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
You got that right! :)
I've always been partial to Alabama as Bart Starr was a Crimson Tide alumni
...and thankful we barely held on to beat them and did not need to deal with the 2-point conversion!
(but really, the pass interference call in the endzone was pretty lame!!!)

Thanks for the warm welcome, starting to feel pretty welcome here... :)

You can believe we're gonna have our hands full with LSU in Tuscaloosa. Better not be drinking before that game, might wanna save the gin for later, after they let Auburn come back and beat them last year, I won't ever drink before halftime!

Members online

Latest posts