1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Giants and Cowboys-are the Cowboys a dark horse?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Jules, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Was thinking about this today. The Cowboys have the easier road the rest of the way. The Cowboys did beat the Niners in SF. They did beat up the Pats for around 57 minutes. They should have blown out the Lions. Romo is healed from his rib injuries now too.

Rest of Giants schedule:

Eagles
    At Saints
    Packers
    At Cowboys
    Redskins
    At Jets
    Cowboys

Rest of Cowboys schedule:

At Redskins
    Dolphins
    At Cardinals
    Giants
    At Bucs
    Eagles
    At Giants

2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Cowboys are inconsistent. They either show up or they don't. They may be a dark horse, but keep in mind you are betting on a 3-legged horse.

3. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    True but really they can beat up on bad to average teams very well. The rest of their schedule outside the Giants (who they may split with again) is full of bad to average teams. And then you throw in the enigma's known as the Falcons/Bears/Lions and you got yourself a dark horse!!! Heck I will even put the Giants in the semi enigma category. They did lose to the Seahawks at home people. And had to come back and beat both the Dolphins and Cardinals....

I over think.....*sigh*

4. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    well the cards came close to beating some good teams they have a new q.b who is doing well,fins too redskins well they that a win,but the problem with the boys is they may win now,but the playoffs well that's when their heads get big like Texas and that will, be their downfall.

5. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Giants better be careful. Recent history has given them some second half collapses.

6. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Vince Young is 3-0 vs. Giants now.

7. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    I think the Cowboys are going to make it but lose early in the playoffs, I think they may be able to get the Bears wild card spot or their own divisional spot. But not a seed higher than 4.

8. Rodgers in the House

Rodgers in the House Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    After tonights Giants loss, the Cowboys control their own destiny. The division is theirs if they have the heart to take it.

9. Rodgers in the House

Rodgers in the House Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    Oh yes, and I do believe they are a dark horse for sure. A Packer-Cowboys NFC game would be epic, especially if we're still undefeated in the regular season leading up to it.

10. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    Cowboys QB is Tony Romo.

Romo is known to break Cowboy fans hearts everywhere during big games.

Enough said.

11. DaPerceive9

DaPerceive9 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the Giants are a better team than the Cowboys but since the Cowboys have an easier road ahead. I think the Cowboys have a better chance making the playoffs than the Giants do, but I think both of them will end up making it

12. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    After today's game, I guess the Cowboys take the NFC East. The Giants played terribly

13. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Giants trend of playing like crap for 3 quarters then having to have a furious comeback finally bit them in the rear tonight. They do this almost every week. They also have been known for second half collapses.

Cowboys are interesting. I am wondering at times if Romo really was hurting at times with the ribs in some games earlier. That team is not perfect at all but did they already get the screw ups out of the way?

Maybe....
    1) Packers
    2) 49ers
    3) Saints
    4) Cowboys

14. Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +103
    Well if it comes down to it, I'd love to see a rematch against the Cowturds in the playoffs and pay 'em back for ruining (in OT by a FG) what would otherwise be an undefeated season for the 49ers SO FAR. :mad:
    I want to see the Niners CRUSH them DESTROY them DRIVE ROMO'S FACE INTO THE DIRT OF CANDLESTICK OVER and OVER AGAIN!!!

Nah, I don't hold a grudge! LOL :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    Texas9erfan. You are in Round Rock? The Round Rock Dragons? =D I live pretty close to there. Well close enough. Im in Robinson Texas.

16. Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +103
    Howdy neighbor!
    Yup. I'm in Round Rock. I don't know the Dragons but I do know the R.R. Express minor league baseball team.

... just googled the Dragons. I didn't go to high school here. I moved here from CA two years ago.