Getting to know CJ Wilson

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A very insightful article on my favorite pick of the draft, sorry Bulaga and Burnett :), CJ Wilson : Packers.com » News » Stories » June 15, 2010: Getting To Know A Draft Pick: C.J. Wilson

He sounds like very down-to-earth guy who's willing to give it all for his team. Some notable quotes that stood out to me:

Who's the most famous athlete you've ever met in person?

I would say the guy right here, Aaron Rodgers. I just told him today I'm glad he's on our team. Playing against the guy, to see the things he can do, he's so calm and collected. It's natural to him, and it's just amazing to me. He will be one of the best quarterbacks to play the game.
Outside of anything in sports, what's your proudest accomplishment in life?

Graduating college with my degree. I didn't really deserve to go, because in my past experience in high school, I didn't have the right grades and courses. But I thank the Lord for giving me a second opportunity, and I give all the glory and honor to Him for that.
Was there a football player you idolized growing up? Why him?

Yeah, Reggie White. He was a minister off the field, and being that my dad's a pastor, and I'm a devout Christian, I'd like to play just like him. To do the things he did, play football and still hold up the Lord's name.

What do you want Packer fans to know about you as a person?

That I love Packer football. I want them to know that I love it here and I want to help the team win a Super Bowl.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those are the kind of guys that the sports world needs more of. It is refreshing to hear.
If you have twitter, follow him and Mike Neal.

Both consistantly reference the Bible in their posts. Specially Neal. He's quite a religious character.

I am not, for that matter, nor do I care if a player is or not, but it's hard to see a thug recite a passage of the Bible...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hes really sucking up to the packer fan base with that interview, but I like that.

bluewaterpirate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cj .............

I watched the young man play for the last four years ..... believe me you drafted a good one .... a man of character and class. He's one of those guys that will knock you on your **** and then extend a hand to help you up. He's solid as a rock, quick off the edges and strong as an ox. The young man not only talks the talk but walks the walk. He's not sucking up to you what he's doing is speaking what's in his heart. He'll give 110 % off and on the field!

Couple pf videos ...... CJ is # 95 .....

Southern Miss

Pirate Football 2009 - Bluewaterpirates Albums

WV game vs Pat White and company ......

ECU Beats WV - Bluewaterpirates Albums

VT ......

http://bluewaterpirate.phanfare.com/2160015_2544711

That hurt .....

Go Packers

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the young man play for the last four years ..... believe me you drafted a good one .... a man of character and class. He's one of those guys that will knock you on your **** and then extend a hand to help you up. He's solid as a rock, quick off the edges and strong as an ox. The young man not only talks the talk but walks the walk. He's not sucking up to you what he's doing is speaking what's in his heart. He'll give 110 % off and on the field!

Couple pf videos ...... CJ is # 95 .....

Southern Miss

Pirate Football 2009 - Bluewaterpirates Albums

WV game vs Pat White and company ......

ECU Beats WV - Bluewaterpirates Albums

Go Packers

Agreed and thanks for the kind words. CJ Wilson was one of my favorite players entering the draft. I just wasn't sure how he would fit in Green Bay in our 3-4 defense since he's heavy like a DE but quick off the edge like a LB. Maybe the coaches have something create in mind.

I think Wilson is a great player too, both on the field and in spirit. It's insulting how this guy fell all the way to the 7th round and I hope he tears up the rest of the NFL about it, hehehe. However I'm sure glad he fell to the Pack though, nothing like another 7th round gem. (Matt Flynn, Brad Jones)

jEtS60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sounds like a humble player, thats good for ur already great defense

Members online

Latest posts