Emmanuel Wilson

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Wilson obviously impressed enough in the preseason to warrant a roster spot. Given that he was a gameday inactive until Jones got hurt, keeping him on the 53 most likely indicates that the Packers believed he would get claimed if he had been released at cut downs.

Being a Fort Valley State product, his college stats aren't really worth much. But if you cobble his workout info together into an RAS calculator, he's a 7.95 RAS player. He's also a bigger back at 226#.

They gave him 3 carries on Sunday, which didn't amount to much. However, I think he has more explosion and power than Dillon and may end up being a more productive player when Jones isn't in. I'd like to see them give him some more carries against the Saints.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilson obviously impressed enough in the preseason to warrant a roster spot. Given that he was a gameday inactive until Jones got hurt, keeping him on the 53 most likely indicates that the Packers believed he would get claimed if he had been released at cut downs.

Being a Fort Valley State product, his college stats aren't really worth much. But if you cobble his workout info together into an RAS calculator, he's a 7.95 RAS player. He's also a bigger back at 226#.

They gave him 3 carries on Sunday, which didn't amount to much. However, I think he has more explosion and power than Dillon and may end up being a more productive player when Jones isn't in. I'd like to see them give him some more carries against the Saints.

With Jones issues, I really think this will be the year of memory to me that Goodson missed his chance AND Dillon proves not worthy of exploring a resigning. On that note I too would love to see Wilson get ten carries or a drive or two as his.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Dantés what is your thoughts on Cam Akers....seems LA wants to part ways, he wants new scenario...probably not a high cost to get....maybe a Dillon / Akers swap?

Both are descending to their teams expectations...both when good are solid RB2s....but both appear to be downward trending.

Personally I believe Dillon is more all round back and would want a Day 3 tacked on (4th or 5th) but doubt that happens.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
@Dantés what is your thoughts on Cam Akers....seems LA wants to part ways, he wants new scenario...probably not a high cost to get....maybe a Dillon / Akers swap?

Both are descending to their teams expectations...both when good are solid RB2s....but both appear to be downward trending.

Personally I believe Dillon is more all round back and would want a Day 3 tacked on (4th or 5th) but doubt that happens.
Then why do it? Dillon picks up 1st downs on 3rd down carries at a higher rate than most, doesn't fumble, can pass block and catch passes. Why you think the Packers would be trying to run him out the door?

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

I would be fine with acquiring the player as far as on-field goes, but it seems like he's a potential problem in the lockerroom? I would guess Petals would have the connections to figure that out. I'd like them to look at in-house options first.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then why do it? Dillon picks up 1st downs on 3rd down carries at a higher rate than most, doesn't fumble, can pass block and catch passes. Why you think the Packers would be trying to run him out the door?

I’m not saying they are - this was a discussion of how Dillon is flat out not being the bruiser that guarantees a couple yards as his profile is for.

Also, if they moved him it would be simply from a he is never going to be what we thought he would.

Sadly I see Dillon at a big point in his career…you told me he is out of the league by 2025 I’d believe you as much as if you told me he became someone’s feature back by then.

That isn’t something that should be so unknown at this point IMO with such a high draft pick and a guy that has seen legit number of snaps.

I’ve said all along though I’m a big fan of him from a pass blocking, deceptively decent receiver and his locker room and community presence. I just personally believe his legs simply are run down and his burst is fleeting him some.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m not saying they are - this was a discussion of how Dillon is flat out not being the bruiser that guarantees a couple yards as his profile is for.

Also, if they moved him it would be simply from a he is never going to be what we thought he would.

Sadly I see Dillon at a big point in his career…you told me he is out of the league by 2025 I’d believe you as much as if you told me he became someone’s feature back by then.

That isn’t something that should be so unknown at this point IMO with such a high draft pick and a guy that has seen legit number of snaps.

I’ve said all along though I’m a big fan of him from a pass blocking, deceptively decent receiver and his locker room and community presence. I just personally believe his legs simply are run down and his burst is fleeting him some.
So you're saying he's another Deguera. Move him to FB and TE since he's a really good pass blocker.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you're saying he's another Deguera. Move him to FB and TE since he's a really good pass blocker.

Not at all, he does far more as a runner than Deguara would. BUT, it is an interesting path the team could decide to take in off season talks with him - look we would love to keep you around but it's gonna be a hybrid FB and HB type usage more so than our RB2 role you've been.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I said the same thing Sunday. I guess MLF may be concerned about playbook knowledge and pass blocking and catching. However, Dillon was not explosive. He should have gotten more yardage and more 1st downs. And he is no rookie. We need someone who can Run To Daylight.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I said the same thing Sunday. I guess MLF may be concerned about playbook knowledge and pass blocking and catching. However, Dillon was not explosive. He should have gotten more yardage and more 1st downs. And he is no rookie. We need someone who can Run To Daylight.

They used Patrick Taylor a lot in 2 minute, so it's not like Dillon is such an amazing pass protector that they have to leave him in.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They used Patrick Taylor a lot in 2 minute, so it's not like Dillon is such an amazing pass protector that they have to leave him in.
Go for it. If back in 2010 we used Brandon Jackson most of the season and a rookie named Starks I think Taylor deserves a shot.

Reaction score
Go for it. If back in 2010 we used Brandon Jackson most of the season and a rookie named Starks I think Taylor deserves a shot.
I know they are both relatively inexperienced. I think Taylor is the more versatile and the more prepared backup. Although you kinda would like to see what Wilson can bring. He looked very Ahman Greenish on the ground (albeit preseason)

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know they are both relatively inexperienced. I think Taylor is the more versatile and the more prepared backup. Although you kinda would like to see what Wilson can bring. He looked very Ahman Greenish on the ground (albeit preseason)
Before the year is up we may see that. Elijah Pitts got his PT as Hornung started to feel his injuries catch up. Starks got on the field the year Ryan Grant went to injured reserve. In 1965 Gale Sayers was not the starting RB in Week One. After Week Three he was in there all the time.

Last edited:

ClutchLove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you gotta give Emmanuel more chances/carries at this point

I like Dillon, think he's a solid pros pro - comes to work, doesn't fumble, blocks and catches well, etc

But Dillon just isn't going to come close to expectations as far as rushing yardage production and he likely won't be resigned - so might as well see what you have with Emmanuel

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you gotta give Emmanuel more chances/carries at this point

I like Dillon, think he's a solid pros pro - comes to work, doesn't fumble, blocks and catches well, etc

But Dillon just isn't going to come close to expectations as far as rushing yardage production and he likely won't be resigned - so might as well see what you have with Emmanuel
Exactly. He is a role player. Not a feature back.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dillan ran harder and better today, but he is what he is, a limited guy.
And the fact that the Saints confused our line which did not run block very well. Bahk and Jenkins out really was noticeable. Runyan had a bad game.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least it seemed that Dillon was running more north/south than asked to run east/west. He plowed into the line and got at least one first down in a short yardage situation. However, he wasn't in there at the end which is a sign of something.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least it seemed that Dillon was running more north/south than asked to run east/west. He plowed into the line and got at least one first down in a short yardage situation. However, he wasn't in there at the end which is a sign of something.

He merely isn't as diverse of a weapon, he isn't the multi-tool like Jones is or to lesser degree Taylor even is...it isn't a knock to him, but some tools in the shed can do multiple tasks, some do one or two very well.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love my splitting maul for the bigger logs that may not be seasoned enough. However, I don't use it for anything else. My Fiskars 27" splitting axe is a lot more versatile. It's my Aaron Jones of the wood shed and has never pulled a hammy!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love my splitting maul for the bigger logs that may not be seasoned enough. However, I don't use it for anything else. My Fiskars 27" splitting axe is a lot more versatile. It's my Aaron Jones of the wood shed and has never pulled a hammy!

Exactly!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Wilson had a couple of decent runs and am looking forward to seeing him get more chances as we go on. But Taylor pulled through towards the end on important sideline catches that he seemed suited for.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Wilson had a couple of decent runs and am looking forward to seeing him get more chances as we go on. But Taylor pulled through towards the end on important sideline catches that he seemed suited for.

Both looked great and Dillon was better than the Falcon game. Dillon is still a very cheap and affordable splitting maul as @El Guapo stated...whether he is willing to stay a cheap RB2 or RB3 for us in the off season is unknown. At this point I almost wonder if making him our FB isn't an option....and I wouldn't be against it.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great point. They had to put Wilson on the 53 at the start of the season because of what he put on tape in the preseason. However, Patrick Taylor is really the back that we need in the game right now. Wilson needs to be developed, eased in at opportune moments, so that hopefully he becomes a bell cow in a season or two.

Taylor has been elevated from the practice squad each of the first three weeks this season, so now they will need to cut somebody off of the 53 in order to keep him. It will be interesting to see who gets the axe. My guess is one of the safeties (Anderson, Johnson, Owens) or Ben Sims (TE). Hopefully one of those guys can clear waivers and come back to the PS.