1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

GET WELL SOON JERMICHAEL !! :)

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by 12theTruth, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Prayers sent out to Fins!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,058
    Tim Lewis .... Sterling Sharpe ... Nick Collins .... it's a violent game... man, I feel for this kid and his young family.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lamboscotland

lamboscotland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    agree with all of above. all the best big man from bonny scotland

• Like Like x 1
  4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,959
    http://www.tmz.com/2013/10/21/jermichael-finley-icu-hospital-walk-feeling/

• Like Like x 2
  5. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,678
    Terrence Murphy, Paul Hornung..... we've had far worse luck with the necks than the average team, and I am very sick of it.

6. Gabriele

Gabriele Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good luck J-Mike, get well soon.
    i wish you all the best.

Simply awesome!

7. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Well its been reported as a spinal cord contusion. Ravens linebacker Jameel McClain was sidelined 10 months with a similar injury. :(

Heard that JerMichael has a very upbeat attitude dealing with this injury according to coach Mike McCarthy. That is comforting to hear. He sure does have many prayers heading his way here from Packer nation. :)

8. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +233
    Im curious when we'll know if he'll be back this year?

9. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    ^ I wouldn't count on it. I'm no doctor, but neck/spinal injuries can be a long road to recovery or shut you down for life like it did sterling sharpe. In this case, I hope not, but I don't expect to see him until 2014 in uniform "if" he can play anymore.

10. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,959
    I think Sterling had spinal stenosis...More of a condition then an injury...I have it and can be fixed, but no fun if it isnt

11. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    Either way, spinal / neck issues are not something to play around with. I still think P. Manning is one sack away from an extended hospital stay. We have had to many good/great players lost to neck or spinal injuries. Not much you can do about it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +997
  13. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +172
    It really is a shame that Finley had to go through this. You never wish this upon anyone especially with how Finley has turned himself around in all aspects of his football life over the past year. Get better soon Fin.

14. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
  15. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    I honestly doubt Finley suits up again. If not for medical reasons, then for family reasons. I can only imagine what his 5 year old son was going through Sunday, after seeing his father concussed weeks before and asking him not to play anymore. That's got to be awful for a family to experience. Then the ICU stay. A bruised spinal cord isn't something I'd ever want to screw around with, and laying paralyzed on the field would be enough to make me reconsider my career. You wonder if he was thinking about ever getting to get to hold his kids again, or hug his wife... Not good. Scary.

Thankful that he's making a recovery, I'd rather not see him chance fate a second time.

But football players minds just work differently at that level. Nick Collins is still trying to come back, thank God that every team is looking out for him personally rather than winning a few more games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,959
    Guy on wssp was talking about a doctor friend he has in Ohio who deals with spine issues..

With out looking at films and just by what is reported he said that after the bruise is gone then give him about another 3 to 5 weeks for sure..

The bruise could take up to 3 weeks to clear...In this dr's opinion he said it could be 2 months or more..if he doesnt regain dexterity in his hands

He said that to be safe he shouldnt play this year and see how he recovers by training camp

17. greenNyellow

greenNyellow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    I have read somewhere that said he should heal up in 4-6 weeks. I think it was on espn but I dont know if I can trust that considering they initially said Cobb would only be out a couple weeks. However I think the packers should IR Finley. I think there is a high possibility he will get cleared down the road by doctors but I don't know if he wants to play again. He is only 26 and has his best football ahead of him and I see Finley as a great competitor. So I have no clue what he decides. He will have a tough time making a decision for sure but I would respect his decision. No need to risk your body when you are so young and already financially set.

I feel like Finley lowered his head in fear of getting hit low like Cobb. It is a shame but this is what football is.

18. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    Late last night on NFL network it was said that he was up and walking around already !!! good news indeed. Also said that he has full movement in all extremities. He looked to be in good spirits as well.

19. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,774
    Get your uniform on J-Mike.....the Packer nation needs you !

20. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +481
    WDUZ, saying he will need surgery.

21. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,959
    Video of him in hallways walking

22. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,959
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ly-without-surgery-b99126233z1-228880141.html

Read it...He says 4 reasons why a bruise and all 4 would need surgery

This is just a dr opinion with out any knowledge of Fins assessments

23. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    From everything I've seen JerMichael has football running through his veins. His friend, Brandon Bostick on the team had said how much of a competitor JerMichael Finley is and his opinion was that J-Mike would be back on the football field once healthy and Even though his son would like his daddy to not be in harms way, Finley has been playing football for a good part of his lifetime. He also has a family in Green Bay that weighs on his mind.

If JerMichael Finley chooses to carry on then I'm hoping some kind of incentive laden contract extension can be worked out as he is a free agent after this season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Gopackgogal

Gopackgogal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Big hopes for Finley, I'd love to see him back on the field. Seeing him walk the halls and smiling makes you feel a bit better but one can only hope. Most important thing is a healthy recovery!

• Agree Agree x 1