GET WELL SOON JERMICHAEL !! :)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.tmz.com/2013/10/21/jermichael-finley-icu-hospital-walk-feeling/

Finley -- who was removed from the field on a stretcher yesterday -- tweeted moments ago ... "I'm happy to report that I have been transferred out of the intensive care unit and that I have full feeling in my arms and legs."

He added, "As importantly, I was able 2 walk to & from the shower today, which was badly needed after yesterday's victory!"

"Thank u again 4 the support, and Go Packers!"

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tim Lewis .... Sterling Sharpe ... Nick Collins .... it's a violent game... man, I feel for this kid and his young family.
Terrence Murphy, Paul Hornung..... we've had far worse luck with the necks than the average team, and I am very sick of it.

OP
OP

12theTruth

Well its been reported as a spinal cord contusion. Ravens linebacker Jameel McClain was sidelined 10 months with a similar injury. :(

Heard that JerMichael has a very upbeat attitude dealing with this injury according to coach Mike McCarthy. That is comforting to hear. He sure does have many prayers heading his way here from Packer nation. :)

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ I wouldn't count on it. I'm no doctor, but neck/spinal injuries can be a long road to recovery or shut you down for life like it did sterling sharpe. In this case, I hope not, but I don't expect to see him until 2014 in uniform "if" he can play anymore.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
^ I wouldn't count on it. I'm no doctor, but neck/spinal injuries can be a long road to recovery or shut you down for life like it did sterling sharpe. In this case, I hope not, but I don't expect to see him until 2014 in uniform "if" he can play anymore.

I think Sterling had spinal stenosis...More of a condition then an injury...I have it and can be fixed, but no fun if it isnt

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Either way, spinal / neck issues are not something to play around with. I still think P. Manning is one sack away from an extended hospital stay. We have had to many good/great players lost to neck or spinal injuries. Not much you can do about it.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It really is a shame that Finley had to go through this. You never wish this upon anyone especially with how Finley has turned himself around in all aspects of his football life over the past year. Get better soon Fin.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly doubt Finley suits up again. If not for medical reasons, then for family reasons. I can only imagine what his 5 year old son was going through Sunday, after seeing his father concussed weeks before and asking him not to play anymore. That's got to be awful for a family to experience. Then the ICU stay. A bruised spinal cord isn't something I'd ever want to screw around with, and laying paralyzed on the field would be enough to make me reconsider my career. You wonder if he was thinking about ever getting to get to hold his kids again, or hug his wife... Not good. Scary.

Thankful that he's making a recovery, I'd rather not see him chance fate a second time.

But football players minds just work differently at that level. Nick Collins is still trying to come back, thank God that every team is looking out for him personally rather than winning a few more games.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Guy on wssp was talking about a doctor friend he has in Ohio who deals with spine issues..

With out looking at films and just by what is reported he said that after the bruise is gone then give him about another 3 to 5 weeks for sure..

The bruise could take up to 3 weeks to clear...In this dr's opinion he said it could be 2 months or more..if he doesnt regain dexterity in his hands

He said that to be safe he shouldnt play this year and see how he recovers by training camp

greenNyellow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have read somewhere that said he should heal up in 4-6 weeks. I think it was on espn but I dont know if I can trust that considering they initially said Cobb would only be out a couple weeks. However I think the packers should IR Finley. I think there is a high possibility he will get cleared down the road by doctors but I don't know if he wants to play again. He is only 26 and has his best football ahead of him and I see Finley as a great competitor. So I have no clue what he decides. He will have a tough time making a decision for sure but I would respect his decision. No need to risk your body when you are so young and already financially set.

I feel like Finley lowered his head in fear of getting hit low like Cobb. It is a shame but this is what football is.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Late last night on NFL network it was said that he was up and walking around already !!! good news indeed. Also said that he has full movement in all extremities. He looked to be in good spirits as well.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Late last night on NFL network it was said that he was up and walking around already !!! good news indeed. Also said that he has full movement in all extremities. He looked to be in good spirits as well.

Get your uniform on J-Mike.....the Packer nation needs you !

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Video of him in hallways walking

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ly-without-surgery-b99126233z1-228880141.html

Read it...He says 4 reasons why a bruise and all 4 would need surgery

This is just a dr opinion with out any knowledge of Fins assessments

If everything is normal there should be enough space in the spinal canal to absorb the force of that hit," Hsu said Tuesday. "If there isn't enough space, then the spinal canal doesn't take the jolt very well."

Hsu, who is a Packers fan and watched the hit Finley took in the team's 31-13 victory over Cleveland on Sunday, said he does not have any intimate knowledge of Finley's injury and was speaking only to the scenario in which Finley suffered spinal cord bruising.

OP
OP

12theTruth

From everything I've seen JerMichael has football running through his veins. His friend, Brandon Bostick on the team had said how much of a competitor JerMichael Finley is and his opinion was that J-Mike would be back on the football field once healthy and Even though his son would like his daddy to not be in harms way, Finley has been playing football for a good part of his lifetime. He also has a family in Green Bay that weighs on his mind.

If JerMichael Finley chooses to carry on then I'm hoping some kind of incentive laden contract extension can be worked out as he is a free agent after this season.

Gopackgogal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big hopes for Finley, I'd love to see him back on the field. Seeing him walk the halls and smiling makes you feel a bit better but one can only hope. Most important thing is a healthy recovery!

Members online

Latest posts