1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

GB Defenders Playing Offense???

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by millertime, Oct 28, 2007.

1. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was just watching the New England game and saw a very cool play. New England was in the red zone and came out with and I formation with Vrable in at Te and Junior Seau in at FB. Vrable caught a touchdown, the 10th of his career and 2nd of the season.

Not suggesting the Pack should put our defenders out on offense, but I was wondering.... which members of our defense would be fun to watch on offense???

I would love to see Hawk lined up at full back, he would destroy some linebackers!

Barnett as a TE? That would definitely be interesting.

We all know Woodson and Blackmon could be receivers!

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd love to see Bigby, so physical and doesn't give a damn about his body.

I don't doubt that he'd do something really unusual out there (sort of like pulling a Giants player by the leg out of a pile).

3. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't believe Washington didn't cover Vrable on that play. Everyone knows when he's in the game they look to him in that situation.
    I always thought that KGB or Kampmann might be able to lay some people out as a lead blocker.

4. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    Whatever. but if i see anything like a U-71 package out there, my head will explode.

5. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Patriots coaching is amazing. They just know who to call and what packages to run almost every single time. It is just amazing how dominating they are right now.

If we were to call stuff like this, then I would be thrilled. I love unexpected play calling on offense because that is what excites me as a general football fan more than anything. That fake punt we pulled off earlier was awesome.

6. vechenzo

vechenzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Korey Hall, was a linebacker and now plays fullback if that counts.

7. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe that was his 10th td on 10 career receptions. I think we have to at least have the opponent thinking run before we can pull off an easy toss like that. It's been easy pickings for Vrabel as most of those have been wide open catches

8. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The thing is--the Pats have been like us, they can't run for ****. Hell, Brady ran for 2 TD's today.

We've put Corey Williams in as an extra blocker for Brandon Jackson and DeShawn Wynn before. I doubt we'll ever throw to him though.

There was also a game a few years ago where Favre threw it to Tauscher for a TD, but it was called back because of holding on Cliffy. Yeah, I know, he's a tackle and not a defender... but it's cool.

9. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, if the Pats can't run, then they can't possibly be 8-0. Must be an aberration. You mean, all these experts are wrong? ;)

10. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That is not true.

The Pats have been a great rushing team, they are averaging over 135 yards rushing per game, and are tied for third in the NFL with 8 rushing TDs.

I've had there back-up RB Sammy Morris on my fantasy team, so I know for a fact that Morris has had two 100 yard rushing games this year in place of Marooney.

They Pats have a great running game, a great passing game, and great creativity and execution in red zone situations. The creativity is what leads them to using players from their D to score TDs in the redzone.

11. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How about Johnny Jolly as our new RB? No but seriously...I would like to see KGB if he can catch, as a TE. He has some speed! for the redzone anyway.

12. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Maybe it runs in the Texas A&M family, since they have Jorvorski Lane at RB right now. Who knows? Maybe Jolly dominates at RB.