Fußball-Bundesliga

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
History has swung German attitudes around 180 degrees. It has become a very anti-authoritarian state. I used to argue with police about things that would get me smacked in the head in Toronto... (never mind the U.S. evil empire).

One thing the law in Deutschland does take seriously is tax cheats. No doubt about that.

---
(that said I'd rather be Uli Hoeness than Michael Schumacher right now).

Thats right Sandolf. Tax authorities even buy stolen DVD's with names of Germans with Swiss bank accounts nowadays.
Everytime media announces that they have bought a new DVD the number of voluntary disclosure of tax liabilities (Selbstanzeige) increases significantly ! :D

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
I have been reading about Rupert Heindl, and it does look very serious for Hoeness.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The President of the mighty FC Bayern will be a patron of one of Germany's country club style minimum security guest houses. A tad embarrassing, but I predict he'll be fine in the long run.

---
@nessie. Did they let my old colleague Joerg Kachelmann out of Crowbar Hotel just yet?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been reading about Rupert Heindl, and it does look very serious for Hoeness.

The President of the mighty FC Bayern will be a patron of one of Germany's country club style minimum security guest houses. A tad embarrassing, but I predict he'll be fine in the long run.

---
@nessie. Did they let my old colleague Joerg Kachelmann out of Crowbar Hotel just yet?

Yes, he was acquitted of all charges Sandolf.
But I think his TV career is over, havent seen him anywhere on TV since then....

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Yes, he was acquitted of all charges Sandolf.
But I think his TV career is over, havent seen him anywhere on TV since then....

Kachelmann is an amusing character, but he does have a bit of a nasty streak to him. Imprudence certainly affected his empire... (much like what is going to become of Uli Hoeness).

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
It looks like 3 1/2 years of Knast for Uli Hoeness.... (barring an appeal of course).

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
...yepp "Schwedische Gardinen" for Uli ! ;)
In case he appeals the sentence the Bundesgerichtshof (Federal High Court of Justice) will have to decide.
Anyway, he wont get out of this.

Agreed. His sentence looks to include the Bayerische home discount considering the sums of money involved. Appeal this and it could get worse... (and of course he will appeal).

---
"Die Gesamtsumme an hinterzogenen Steuern von Hoeneß beträgt 28,4 Millionen Euro", sagt Richter Heindl. Auf die bereits bekannten 27,2 Millionen Euro kämen noch 1,2 Millionen Euro Solidaritätszuschlag dazu.

Solidaritätszuschlag is an awful concept... (one thing about the BRD I really don't miss). Maybe Hoeness could be sentenced to rebuilding 1.FC Magdeburg instead.

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. His sentence looks to include the Bayerische home discount considering the sums of money involved. Appeal this and it could get worse... (and of course he will appeal).

---
"Die Gesamtsumme an hinterzogenen Steuern von Hoeneß beträgt 28,4 Millionen Euro", sagt Richter Heindl. Auf die bereits bekannten 27,2 Millionen Euro kämen noch 1,2 Millionen Euro Solidaritätszuschlag dazu.

Solidaritätszuschlag is an awful concept... (one thing about the BRD I really don't miss). Maybe Hoeness could be sentenced to rebuilding 1.FC Magdeburg instead.

Bavarian home discount ? :D Btw - his lawyers already announced that they will appeal and to me its indeed a very dangerous decision. As you wrote it could get worse outside of Bavaria ! Just read prosecution (Staatsanwaltschaft/Anklage) thinks about appealing too.

Its a joke that we still have the "Solizuschlag" (solidarity tax) Sandolf. The eastern part of Germany already has new and better roads, new central stations, train tracks or rebuilded cities, monuments and historical buildings....
Where is all this money going, 25 years after reunification ? :rolleyes:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It looks like 3 1/2 years of Knast for Uli Hoeness.... (barring an appeal of course).

Only 3 years??? That's not much of a deterrent. Does he have to pay financial reparations? They should make him pay it all plus a fine, plus interest and jail time.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only 3 years??? That's not much of a deterrent. Does he have to pay financial reparations? They should make him pay it all plus a fine, plus interest and jail time.
But at least they finally send him to prison Croak. Other famous and well known Germans only got probation and were lucky. Jurisdiction has changed in the past years 10 years, bad luck for Mr. Hoeness though I have to agree with Sandolf, he surely got a Bavarian discount.
And yes, he has to pay roundabout 30m Euros of taxes plus fine plus interest.
Its his own fault, in my opinion he doesnt deserve any sympathy.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
If i'm honest i'm surprised he got sent to prison at all he's rich they are all beyond the law right?! Only a few million here and there the poor guy will need to be let out at the weekends to watch the footie. :rolleyes:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Resign its the least he could do.......he seems a bit like an errant out of touch spoiled child, who got caught pinching too many cookies £22.5m of them...........
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26574681

I also like the idea that the Swiss banks should be held accountable for protecting all the tax evaders. I'm sure there are quite a few of them protecting U.S. evaders as well. While the common working man pays upwards of 33% of their income, these guys get away with paying very little.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I also like the idea that the Swiss banks should be held accountable for protecting all the tax evaders. I'm sure there are quite a few of them protecting U.S. evaders as well. While the common working man pays upwards of 33% of their income, these guys get away with paying very little.

Yepp the Swiss banks have alot to answer for, some might say they are even worse than the tax evaders for allowing all of that ill gotten gains to mount up. Its gone on for decades and will continue to do so i imagine. :cautious:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Guess which team is one win away from clinching the Bundesliga title earlier than it's ever been done before? :whistling::whistling:

No idea but sometimes that says more about the standard of the League than the winners.........:p

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guess which team is one win away from clinching the Bundesliga title earlier than it's ever been done before? :whistling::whistling:
Well, I think thats boring, isnt it ? :rolleyes:
But in case that this will happen next week- will the rest of the games only be "friendlies", played by their backup players?
And how does this affect their Champions League games ? Im pretty sure that this isnt only a bad development for the Bundesliga, it wont help Bayern as well.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats it, 2-0 own goal Nuremberg. What a game, well deserved win. Awesome fight and Hamburg even played outstanding football.

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
FC Eintracht Bamberg played their 1st game after their winter break and got 0:1 win over Hof, our friends in Oberfranken.