Fußball-Bundesliga

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Exciting game between Bayern and Frankfurt that was sadly marred by some dreadful officiating. A ton of yellow cards (many of which I thought were soft, on both sides of the ball), and an offside goal allowed.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I thought Bayern deserved to lose that one. They were fortunate. However, it sure is more exciting to watch Bundesliga week to week without a runaway at the top of the table.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I thought Bayern deserved to lose that one. They were fortunate. However, it sure is more exciting to watch Bundesliga week to week without a runaway at the top of the table.

I wouldn't say they deserved to lose, but yes they didn't play well.

I hate watching games though where every tackle is a card. Plus, false offside goals are the worst.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I didn't watch the Bayern game since I was watching Koeln, but I just saw the highlights.

The 2nd goal scored by Frankfurt just might have had a foot offside for sure, but the 1st Bayern goal also seemed to have a foot offside on the sideline pass. It's a game of inches which usually goes to the attacking team when it errors on the side of too close to call.

Bayern was also a man up for 25 minutes. Looked like a good game to watch all the way thru. Hope they reshow it on Fox.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Huh, didn't notice the one in Bayern's favor. If we got the same benefit from crappy officiating it would be more fair, but still crappy officiating lol.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bayern has a slow start into this season so far. Yes, they're still on top of the table but they are not dominating their games anymore. This might have to do with Ancelotti and that it might need some time to adopt his style of football.
They barely won against us and Frankfurt was just another example.
Köln is a big surprise so far and shows what is possible if you have a manager and a sporting director who have a clear idea of what they are doing and what the next steps are to develop a team without throwing money down the drain like we used to do up here in Hamburg :rolleyes:
And I wonder how long Schalke remains patient with Weinzierl and Volkswagen with Hecking. They all spent millions on new players and are now on 14 and 16. :p

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Yeah I actually don't think Bayern will win the league this year. No team can maintain that kind of run forever, and we are transitioning right now, whether management admits it or not.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Yeah I actually don't think Bayern will win the league this year. No team can maintain that kind of run forever, and we are transitioning right now, whether management admits it or not.

On that note, I vote for the 2nd place team to win then. :D

Did Julian Green play?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
On that note, I vote for the 2nd place team to win then. :D

Did Julian Green play?

Green didn't play, that I noticed. Ancelotti's lineups have been mix and match lately, probably due to a bunch of the guys playing international stuff and then Champions league games. I like the straight forward style Ancelloti uses, but I don't know if he is playing the best players in their best role at the right time.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Bayern has a slow start into this season so far. Yes, they're still on top of the table but they are not dominating their games anymore. This might have to do with Ancelotti and that it might need some time to adopt his style of football.
They barely won against us and Frankfurt was just another example.
Köln is a big surprise so far and shows what is possible if you have a manager and a sporting director who have a clear idea of what they are doing and what the next steps are to develop a team without throwing money down the drain like we used to do up here in Hamburg :rolleyes:
And I wonder how long Schalke remains patient with Weinzierl and Volkswagen with Hecking. They all spent millions on new players and are now on 14 and 16. :p

You nailed it. Hecking fired yesterday.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Friday night football, time to start winning.
Rainy and f**** cold and killing time in the store until kickoff and just found my next christmas gift :p:D
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Friday night football, time to start winning.
Rainy and f**** cold and killing time in the store until kickoff and just found my next christmas gift :p:D

OMG. Vielen Gluck heute Abend.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Well here's a game I am truly worried about. We never play well in Berlin. Hoping for a 1:1 draw.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Those two shots off of the posts at the 86th minute of the Köln match must have been heartbreaker. At that point I was hoping Köln would tie it up.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
This season we are going to be relegated. Its hopeless.
Was eine Scheisse! :rolleyes:
I hope not but even if HSV do go down it wont be the end of the world Nessie, its even happend to the likes of Bavaria in the past. It would be unfortunate to lose the record but other teams have improved greatly after being relegated.

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope not but even if HSV do go down it wont be the end of the world Nessie, its even happend to the likes of Bavaria in the past. It would be unfortunate to lose the record but other teams have improved greatly after being relegated.
I really appreciate your kind words, PF71.:tup:
And yes I know it's one football but despite of my age it really hurts and spoils my weekends. :rolleyes:
After having season tickets for almost 20 years I decided not to go to any home game anymore, at least until the winter break, and just put my tickets into our HSV ticket exchange marketplace.
Need to get some distance, I'm so fed up with all these non-perfoming multi-millionaires that give a sh** about the club, team and fans that they are playing for. Disgusting.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I enjoy listening to the match in German. I understand about one fifth of what the announcer says, but it helps me get better at understanding. His accent seems to be different than the Berlin accent I learned. My translation lags about a second or two behind as well, while I try to rearrange the words to make sense in English

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least your team is hanging around in the cup Nessie :tup:
And we even scored 4 (!) goals, unbelievable.:rolleyes::D
Very good game by your fellow "Ami" Bobby Wood. I really like him, one of the very few in this team with a very good work ethic, always willing to perform.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I enjoy listening to the match in German. I understand about one fifth of what the announcer says, but it helps me get better at understanding. His accent seems to be different than the Berlin accent I learned. My translation lags about a second or two behind as well, while I try to rearrange the words to make sense in English
I don't know what announcer you mean (on Sky ? / Das Erste/ARD). Must be someone different, both announcers have almost no accent, speak pretty clear High German. :cautious:;)
Off topic, I know but here are some examples, Berlin is included:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts