From a Giants fan to the Philbin family

bklyn1028

Cheesehead
Reaction score
May the Lord High God Father Almighty touch your entire family in your time of need. I lost 2 sons. One in 2002, in his sleep, (35), and one in 2004 (30) in a motorcycle accident. I feel and know your grief. It is a grief that absolutely no one can possible imagine or touch unless they have experienced it themselves. Trust me, you will be fine, God will take care of that, however, you must allow Him to touch you and help you. Only He can pull you through this, no one else can. You will never get over it, but you will learn to accept it and live with it. I will say a prayer for your comfort.
Again,
my condolences.
Joe Appel

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot imagine what is feels like. Its nice to see that football can be put aside for a moment in order to recognize the tragedy and the importance of family over the things we squabble about everyday. Thanks guys.

OP
OP
bklyn1028

bklyn1028

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot imagine what is feels like. Its nice to see that football can be put aside for a moment in order to recognize the tragedy and the importance of family over the things we squabble about everyday. Thanks guys.
When my second boy left us, a friend at work came up to me and started with, "I can't imagine", and I stopped him, politely and said, "Mike, you can't, and I hope you never will." Pray for the Philbins, because they will be in a "surreal hell" for the next six months. No matter where they go, they will be reminded of their boy, in all facets of life.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
May the Lord High God Father Almighty touch your entire family in your time of need. I lost 2 sons. One in 2002, in his sleep, (35), and one in 2004 (30) in a motorcycle accident. I feel and know your grief. It is a grief that absolutely no one can possible imagine or touch unless they have experienced it themselves. Trust me, you will be fine, God will take care of that, however, you must allow Him to touch you and help you. Only He can pull you through this, no one else can. You will never get over it, but you will learn to accept it and live with it. I will say a prayer for your comfort.
Again,
my condolences.
Joe Appel
My sincere condolences to you for your double loss. It's shared sentiment like this that could help the Philbin family through such a terrible time.

OP
OP
bklyn1028

bklyn1028

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My sincere condolences to you for your double loss. It's shared sentiment like this that could help the Philbin family through such a terrible time.
That's very kind of you, and I hope they read this, and understand that they CAN get through this, it's a fact of life we have absolutely no control over.

I always looked at it that my boys were in a better place and away from the hell hole we call earth.

Always remember:
Life is one step toward death, and death is one step toward life.
God Bless.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
That's very kind of you, and I hope they read this, and understand that they CAN get through this, it's a fact of life we have absolutely no control over.

I always looked at it that my boys were in a better place and away from the hell hole we call earth.

Always remember:
Life is one step toward death, and death is one step toward life.
God Bless.
I cannot fathom the grief. I have two sons that, coincedently, live in Brooklyn while I'm here in cheeseland. Not the same thing at all but I do feel that I am a very distance part of their lives - a loss in some respect. <hugs> to you.

Members online

Latest posts