1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

From a Giants fan to the Philbin family

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by bklyn1028, Jan 10, 2012.

1. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14
    May the Lord High God Father Almighty touch your entire family in your time of need. I lost 2 sons. One in 2002, in his sleep, (35), and one in 2004 (30) in a motorcycle accident. I feel and know your grief. It is a grief that absolutely no one can possible imagine or touch unless they have experienced it themselves. Trust me, you will be fine, God will take care of that, however, you must allow Him to touch you and help you. Only He can pull you through this, no one else can. You will never get over it, but you will learn to accept it and live with it. I will say a prayer for your comfort.
    Again,
    my condolences.
    Joe Appel

• Like Like x 7
  2. meyerbudNYG

meyerbudNYG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +30
    all giant fans

• Like Like x 2
  3. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    I cannot imagine what is feels like. Its nice to see that football can be put aside for a moment in order to recognize the tragedy and the importance of family over the things we squabble about everyday. Thanks guys.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14
    When my second boy left us, a friend at work came up to me and started with, "I can't imagine", and I stopped him, politely and said, "Mike, you can't, and I hope you never will." Pray for the Philbins, because they will be in a "surreal hell" for the next six months. No matter where they go, they will be reminded of their boy, in all facets of life.

5. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    My sincere condolences to you for your double loss. It's shared sentiment like this that could help the Philbin family through such a terrible time.

6. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14
    That's very kind of you, and I hope they read this, and understand that they CAN get through this, it's a fact of life we have absolutely no control over.

I always looked at it that my boys were in a better place and away from the hell hole we call earth.

Always remember:
    Life is one step toward death, and death is one step toward life.
    God Bless.

• Like Like x 2
  7. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    I cannot fathom the grief. I have two sons that, coincedently, live in Brooklyn while I'm here in cheeseland. Not the same thing at all but I do feel that I am a very distance part of their lives - a loss in some respect. <hugs> to you.