Freeekin Broadcast Rules

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I have Sunday ticket, I was watching the Bills, Pats game. Bills get a 1st and goal with 1:30 left. Game over. Time to switch to the most anticipated game of the week PACKERS V BEARS.

So I switch to channel 700 something.. oh yeah this is a network game. Go to Fox and what do my horrified eyes behold but the Queens and the Zions heading to overtime. No, No I shout at the screen, this cannot be. Actually it was more like.. You M****** F****** where the F**** is the F***** Packers game. God Dam**, I don't want to see this Sh**, what the hell is wrong with you people.

So I sit with, I am sure many other of you fellow out of state bleeders, waiting...thru the commercial, thru the coin toss, thru the kick off. Damn..Lions get the ball. I want this to end quickly but I don't want the Lions to win. Scaninning the screen for any information about the real football game that is going on... nothing. Thankfully the lions make quick work of the queens and I find when switched we are up by 7.

JOY O GLORIOUS JOY.

P.S.

I was just re-reading this and it dawns on me, I should have just switched the the redzone channel. *******.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
At least you get the Fox games, we haven't got them once down here in the South cause Mediacom ****ing blows. They keep ABC to show those stupid soap operas but won't make a deal with Fox, knowing not just Football, but people watch shows on that channel.

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
At least you get the Fox games, we haven't got them once down here in the South cause Mediacom ******* blows. They keep ABC to show those stupid soap operas but won't make a deal with Fox, knowing not just Football, but people watch shows on that channel.

What state are you in? That's insane. You need to get with 4 of your most trusted buds. One of you with a large house gets direct tv. Once you have Direct TV, it is only about 5 bucks extra per room receiver. so you get 4 extra room receivers. Everyone pays about 40 bucks each, you get all the premium channels, plus Sunday ticket. You can get the dish's online for about a hundred bucks and most of the guys who do the installing are underpaid contractors that will do under the table dish installation on the side or you can try it yourself.

Rules are everyone pays on time or you give up the box. Believe me you will have a waiting list of people who want to get in. You Can't hook up a phone line to it and you can't do movies on demand.

but hey, sunday ticket, showtime, hbo, starz and the works for 40 a month.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Wisconsin, so I get Packers games, but apparently the masterminds at Fox don't know what the phrase "aspect ratio" means. Either that, or they're Bears fans. They showed the beginning of the game (originally in 16:9) in 4:3. Not that bad, right? Except that for those with SD televisions (like me), they truncated the Packers score off the scoreboard. I only saw the Bears score. I had to look up the score online to get it. They fixed it up immediately, but the fact that Fox overlooked that fact really pissed me off.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
We actually got the game on our local fox station... same senerio as RCC... unbelievable torture to have to be forced to watch a Vikings game... but then I turned on NFL channel (way too late) and watched the stats till it actually came on!
But I watched cursing the station....TURN ON THE PACKERS!!!

* it was joyous to see the Vikings go to 0-3 ;)

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
The local FOX affiliate here in Chicago cut to the game just before kickoff. When they did they announced that "local affiliates were just joining."

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What state are you in? That's insane. You need to get with 4 of your most trusted buds. One of you with a large house gets direct tv. Once you have Direct TV, it is only about 5 bucks extra per room receiver. so you get 4 extra room receivers. Everyone pays about 40 bucks each, you get all the premium channels, plus Sunday ticket. You can get the dish's online for about a hundred bucks and most of the guys who do the installing are underpaid contractors that will do under the table dish installation on the side or you can try it yourself.

Rules are everyone pays on time or you give up the box. Believe me you will have a waiting list of people who want to get in. You Can't hook up a phone line to it and you can't do movies on demand.

Reading this made my head spin.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score

I'm in Alabama. Only reason I haven't switched is because the internet. I can't run through CenturyTel, it lags me on Starcraft when I play every couple weekends.
I'm probably going to switch once I am good with bills, but keep the internet. Mediacom ****** me off so bad. Can't watch Fringe, let alone I can't watch any games on Fox.

I'd rather watch Fox because the commentators aren't so annoying. I don't like Joe Buck, but Troy Aikman isn't that bad on my book, and Darly Johnson is smart. Sunday it was Dan Dierdoff every single play "What is wrong with this Saints team" and it just drove me insane.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I had the aspect ratio thing get messed up but that was fixed pretty quickly. Also they were cutting it close with the Lions and was kind of upset that they cut it out right at a snap in the 4th quarter then went to commercials. Grrrrrrrrrrr, if you are going to make me suffer watching Queens vs Kitties at least cut to commercials at a reasonable time.

Living in WI though you are kind of spoiled being able to see most Packers games, I think one year there was some stupid rule that the Packers game couldn't be broadcasted over the air on the free channels in Madison, people rented hotel rooms to watch it, and I was more than happy to give refunds for people wanting to check out right after the game. Stupid rules.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The hubby and I thought that we were going to get smoked here in the Twin City area; by having to endure more of the Queens v Kitties in OT but low & behold the NFL ticket was playing the Packer game! Not sure if the dude on the Direct TV controls was: a) asleep at the wheel. b) a Packer fan or...c) a disgruntled Queen fan who was tired of watching another Metrodome collapse!

I was definitely not complaining & ever so grateful to the football gods!

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have Sunday ticket as well, and they we're showing the end of the Lions, and Vikings game-- and unfortunately it went into overtime. This is one rule I don't like, especially if it's on your local channel it's blacked out.

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I'm truly lucky that I live in Oakland, CA.

The reason I got Sunday Ticket was because they only showed 49ers games in the morning and Raiders games in the afternoon, or vice versa.

Nothing else.

We rarely got the big network late afternoon game.

As such, yesterday the Raiders/Jets were playing on CBS, so the Packers/Bears game wasn't shown on my Fox affiliate..

Thus I got to watch the Packer game on Sunday Ticket with no delay.

Members online

Latest posts