Free Agent Signings for Packers or Elsewhere...

D

Deleted member 6794

What about waiting 5 months till the rosters are set don't you understand? Should I keep freaking out because there are no games being played about our depleted and injured secondary?

They looked the same physically from year 1 and year 2? Yes or no?

I'm fine with waiting until the rosters are set entering the season to make a final evaluation of the Packers defense but there's no denying the pickings are getting extremely thin in free agency, Thompson is extremely reluctant to trade a pick for a player and the defense has currently gotten even worse compared to last season.

That will once again leave the draft as the only method to improve that side of the ball. With several holes to fill I don't feel comfortable about the direction the defense is headed for next season at all.

Randall and Rollins didn't physically look the same in 2016 compared to their rookie season but unfortunately both of them have struggled without a veteran #1 cornerback on the field dating back to two years ago as well. Simply relying on both of them bouncing back in a big way is a huge risk.

Day one in every phase and every way, he'd be better than anyone we have.

True, but not worth more than $10 million a season though.

My understanding is he was (is) a do everything guy for them, and hits like a truck.
Not sure on this - calling Captain Wimm !) but he was very effective when asked to blitz a high percentage of the time they sent him.

PFF rated Hightower as the second best pass rushing inside linebacker last season.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
giants have worked out an extension with jason pierre-paul
4 years, 62 million, 40 guaranteed

/e JPP tweeted that he didn't sign anything though, so maybe NY media done gone cray
/e2 numbers first reported were incorrect

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
anyone looking for a friday morning laugh...
giants have worked out an extension with jason pierre-paul
something like 17 million a year, 4 years
i don't even...
54 million in guaranteed money
wowza

/e JPP tweeted that he didn't sign anything though, so maybe NY media done gone cray

They are just getting all the loose ends tied up to trade him to Cleveland. ;)

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
uhhhh, sort of FA related?
Rex Ryan signed multi-year deal with ESPN to appear on Sunday NFL Countdown

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yes, Please.

All depends on what Seattle wants in exchange. Matthews and our first round pick? SOLD!

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know Shead got injured last year, but he just re-signed with the Hawks for 1 yr/$1.5 million. That's a steal if he comes back healthy.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, but not worth more than $10 million a season though.

That's debatable Cap; the market is what it is, and all such contracts will be bargains in 2 or 3 years.
But when you have a GM who low balls people by 20% or more, I guess it doesn't matter.

D

Deleted member 6794

That's debatable Cap; the market is what it is, and all such contracts will be bargains in 2 or 3 years.

I believe Hightower will still be one of the highest paid inside linebackers in the league in two or three years. I don't consider such a deal as a bargain.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think they claimed Pennel on waivers back in February after the Super Bowl, but that contract expired and he was a FA again. A resigning of a Jet FA LOL

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yeah, had to look it up. You're right about it.
Gives us two compensatory picks though, right? :roflmao:

I haven't even looked up the final tally of those yet, because I know at one point we were maxed out, even if TT signs another FA or 2. A good reason to trade some future picks in this years draft to try and move up a bit when necessary.

D

Deleted member 6794

Kind of like Sitton eh?

Handing Capt a can of gasoline for the dumpster fire.

I'm not mad about the Packers releasing Pennel at all. I just mentioned the team won't receive a compensatory pick for him signing with another club.

D

Deleted member 6794

ILB Zach Brown has agreed to a deal with Washington, pending a physical.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ILB Zach Brown has agreed to a deal with Washington, pending a physical.

One year deal worth up to 4.65 million depending on achieving incentives. Pack could've used this guy. I kept saying...
It would be nice to inquire about Zach Brown from Buffalo. Tackling machine, true LB, could play anywhere inside or out. He's a definite upgrade over Sio Moore. Packers need tacklers!!!
...and kept saying...

As of now...
1) Sign Latavius Murray (3 year, 6m)
2) SIGN Zach Brown!!! (3 year, 10m)
3) Offer Malcolm Butler a contract tender (NE gets 29th pick, Butler gets 1 year/5-7m)
4) Focus draft on depth (OG, RB , DE, OLB, CB)
5) Restructure CM3 and Cobb's contracts...SERIOUSLY!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts