Free Agent LB Depth

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jsonline says the packers are looking at pursuing a veteran LB to provide depth since Diggs went down. IMO I think they should take a shot at Bouleware, any other ideas?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Not at the number he is looking for, 4 mil a year, sign him to an incentive laden contract maybe.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually the article eluded to that idea, but there was no direct indication from GB that this was the case. Diggs won't miss this season and should be back in 3-6 weeks. It'll just give Thompson and Navies both a great opportunity to show their stuff during pre-season, therefore making the decision on who to start easier.

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hoos said:
jsonline says the packers are looking at pursuing a veteran LB to provide depth since Diggs went down. IMO I think they should take a shot at Bouleware, any other ideas?

Boulware (no e... I'm a Boulware... no relation unfortunately) is a great athlete, but not particularly built for your defense. He's small for a DE, big for a LB (in the 4-3).

Additionally, he has had numberous injuries and could be less effective. In Baltimore, he benefitted from the 3-4 and the fact that the other three LBs he played with were perrennial pro-bowlers. He is Baltimore's all-time sack leader, but much of that damage came early in his career before the injuries.

OP
OP
H

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
This is why I thought we should have taken Blackstock in the 3rd this April. From the outside it looks as though we are very thin at LB.

I would have loved to have added Blackstock, Elton Brown, or Chris Canty. I was suprised how many of the UVa prospects filled need positions for Green Bay.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked Canty very much in the draft. If he can fully recover, he can be a real nice player for Dallas.

Yo, TOP...the Alexander Keith's Pale Ale went marvelously with the porterhouses and crab legs the evening after TC. I owe you big time on that one, and have a few brews in mind to reciprocate the next time our path's cross.

Does Hawkins impress live, or what!!

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
" was suprised how many of the UVa prospects filled need positions for Green Bay."

Add Heath Miller with the troubles Bubba Franks is currently presenting.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack, it was my pleasure and I'm glad you guys liked the beer. I was concerned given that it was sitting in my trunk for 4 days.

Hawkins was amazing and at the scrimmage, in the few plays he was in there, Losman didn't even look to his side of the field. His coverage was awesome at full speed. I'd be surprised if he wasn't starting by the end of the year.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to hear he performs so well live. Between him and Collins, and the progress they are both apparently making, it could be an exciting secondary in the years to come.

Did your trip back go smoothly, TOP?

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of those articles I read mentioned Torrence Marshall for possible depth. I sure hope they don't bring him back.

Members online

Latest posts