Free Agent Considerations

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that's where Mark Murphy or someone of his ilk should step in and provide that clarity. I'm not gonna get into cap split, cap allocation, blah blah blah. But with two GMs, focusing on defense and offense respectively, allows for a better concentration of resources. Many times a GM has been fired, and the unit that was successful due to his picks, suffered the next season. I do agree, there should be a final "voice", but that's when one of the suits up in the suites needs to earn their money.

As I and other have mentioned, it's precisely those points that have to be gotten into. If someone a level above the OGM and DGM makes the decisions about how to divvy up the cap and draft, then that guy becomes the GM, and we're back where we started, albeit with another level of management with which to contend.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I and other have mentioned, it's precisely those points that have to be gotten into. If someone a level above the OGM and DGM makes the decisions about how to divvy up the cap and draft, then that guy becomes the GM, and we're back where we started, albeit with another level of management with which to contend.

This is a forum. These are my suggestions. You and whomever can talk this thing to death. I'm offering my insight. Why does there have to be definitive label for everything within a football organization? Some organizations may have one person performing multiple duties (i.e. Belichick), other organizations delegate responsibilities with numerous titles (Cleveland Browns). That doesn't mean that one way is better than the other. Ultimately a successful organization comes down to the personnel, not the titles and designations. 31 other teams in the NFL have individual owners, the Packers have none (in theory). Does that mean all 31 other organizations/teams are better than the Packers? No. I think that when it comes to football operations, titles and designations don't have to be definitive. Many people within an organization could perform similar duties, with a person above them providing the final "say". So why not when it comes to team building and talent evaluation? Also, since you quoted my post, I offered a solution in the first sentence.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On paper, Yes, after next year. Since you inquire about him, however, I assume he's the pass rusher you'd like to have, in which case I imagine KC turns that into a No.

H

HardRightEdge

and now tell me how it all ends :)
Beats me, other than to say the more recent performance is a better gauge given he's had to learn what "do your job" means in his new situation.

You brought it up so you tell me how it all ends. ;) For all I know he'll be cut or traded once there's cap saving in the deal as of 2019.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they restructure Matthews, And Cobb they can at least sign one top FA. Remember Adams is going to be a FA after this year and Jordy ain’t getting any younger and Cobb is NOT a #1 wr so.....I have a feeling they are going to pay Adams Cobb money to retain him. If they were to go after Jimmy Graham (which I think they should) they’d have to pay him his market value which would probably be 8-10 million a year. Now if Rodgers decides that he wants to take less to build the roster they can do more...because they also need to adress the right tackle spot in a major way. It’d be stupid to bring Bulaga back if you can let Lang, Sutton and Tretter go and Spriggs is not the answer.

Latest posts