Free Agent Considerations

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Very interesting article but clearly a waste of time. This orginisation will NEVER spend money to improve. The mentality seems to be develop rather than sign and I cant see that changing in the forseeable future.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has it improved us significantly ?
and let that be a lesson to you next time you think FA is all you think it's cracked up to be. and remember that guy from the Bill's everyone was sure would help this team. Ask the Pats how he's been for them after that monster contract.
http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffa..._gilmores_struggles_he_has_no_dog_in_him.html

But anyway, I'd say that Bennett has helped us, especially in light of all the injury on the Oline this year. Could have been worse. I'd say Evans has been an under appreciated stud on this offensive line and I hope he's back again next year. Dial has been a rotational guy.

Kidd2k24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was a big mistake not keeping Cook look what he did for us when he was healthy and look what impact he has in Oakland

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All are second tier, depth guys. No impact players. Combined you wouldn't have one impact player.
oh, I'd say Bennett was not considered a 2nd tier guy. Kendricks has the same skill set as Cook. Evans is a multi time prowbowler who looks to have a bit left in the tank and is having a fine year. Underrated if y ou ask me.

But what impact players should we have gotten? Has Graham been an impact player for Seattle when they gave away their best offensive lineman to get him? what's been the weakness of that team since before they did that? (hint: it's from the same group they moved their best player from) Is Gilmore an impact player for the Pats for his 40 Million guaranteed and 65 million dollar contract? Things happen.

Every year it's the same though, if a guy isn't a super star it's a reason to complain about the Packers organization. They never sign FA's until they do. and when they did, people were excited about the individuals they signed, but since things haven't gone like they thought, now those FA's aren't good enough. Never mind that all the ones they wanted earlier haven't panned out for their respective teams either, but they'll scan the list till they find one that "would have " helped us had Ted only loosened his purse strings a little and actually tried to make us better. Like they aren't always trying to make us better.

This notion that "This orginisation will NEVER spend money to improve." is false. Picked a bad year to make that proclamation. all these teams aren't better. I've actually watched more games this year than usual and so many teams are giving up yards in bunches. QB's that aren't that good. Injuries to key players that take them from very good to very bad in a play. Teams are so close that it is the playmakers that make a difference, but those players aren't plentiful. and it's not as easy as saying, see, he's good, let's sign him.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and let that be a lesson to you next time you think FA is all you think it's cracked up to be. and remember that guy from the Bill's everyone was sure would help this team. Ask the Pats how he's been for them after that monster contract.
http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffa..._gilmores_struggles_he_has_no_dog_in_him.html

But anyway, I'd say that Bennett has helped us, especially in light of all the injury on the Oline this year. Could have been worse. I'd say Evans has been an under appreciated stud on this offensive line and I hope he's back again next year. Dial has been a rotational guy.
That's pretty convenient that you leave out the many guys signed in FA each year who do improve their teams.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's pretty convenient that you leave out the many guys signed in FA each year who do improve their teams.
I didn't leave out Bennett and his impact one our redzone offense even though he wasn't getting the targets. or his impact on our blocking despite having to play with back up guards at pretty much every position on the offensive line this year. I also didn't leave out Evans and how solid he's been for this team this year.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
forget TE. just make due with Rodgers and Kendricks. maybe occasionally line Monty up as one and/or draft one later. the D and O-line should be the priority in FA and the draft.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
forget TE. just make due with Rodgers and Kendricks. maybe occasionally line Monty up as one and/or draft one later. the D and O-line should be the priority in FA and the draft.
Again with the defense. Every year for the past 5 or 6 years it's been the defense. Something has to change there. All 5 OL starters have played exactly one game this season. I will not panic about that.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mondio; agree about Evans. He's not what he used to be , but has been a lifesaver on the O line. Bennett hasn't been as bad as many think. I'm not seeing enough of Kendricks. Why? He's played well when out there.
What TT did this off season is what he should have been doing every year; use free agency to bring in 4,5,6 veteran guys who can help your team. Unless there's a true elite impact player available, you don't need to take $15-20M a year gambles. But there aren't many Reggie White's available in FA anymore.
Bottom line is the defence and special teams are still sub par, Rodgers is still the only elite game changing impact player on the roster, and there are many of the same issues across the board. Time for change, as I noted a year ago that this whole operation had grown stale. It won't be getting any different or better.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mondio; agree about Evans. He's not what he used to be , but has been a lifesaver on the O line. Bennett hasn't been as bad as many think. I'm not seeing enough of Kendricks. Why? He's played well when out there.
What TT did this off season is what he should have been doing every year; use free agency to bring in 4,5,6 veteran guys who can help your team. Unless there's a true elite impact player available, you don't need to take $15-20M a year gambles. But there aren't many Reggie White's available in FA anymore.
Bottom line is the defence and special teams are still sub par, Rodgers is still the only elite game changing impact player on the roster, and there are many of the same issues across the board. Time for change, as I noted a year ago that this whole operation had grown stale. It won't be getting any different or better.
His current PFF rating is 46.0, good for the #53 TE in the league. He's been pretty awful.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Vikings signed Riley Reiff, Mike Remmers, Latavious Murray, Case Kenuum. I am sure none of them have had any influence on how the Vikings have done so far this year.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HE'S

He's been drawing attention and blocking well. He'll come around in the passing game.
I don't read or care about PFF.
Acting like pff is completely irrelevant is pretty short sighted. Is it perfect? No, is it a pretty good indicator of a players value vs. his peers? Absolutely.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Acting like pff is completely irrelevant is pretty short sighted. Is it perfect? No, is it a pretty good indicator of a players value vs. his peers? Absolutely.
I take it into consideration, as they look for things we usually don't pay attention to. Such as blocking for a TE. He apparently not doing a great job of that if his score is still that low.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I take it into consideration, as they look for things we usually don't pay attention to. Such as blocking for a TE. He apparently not doing a great job of that if his score is still that low.
Ya I was responding to dna Who is basically saying that apparently PFF is worthless

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Didn't say it's completely irrelevant. I prefer to trust my own eyes and what's said by coaches, scouts and personnel guys.
If anything, too much weight is given to sights like PFF.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His current PFF rating is 46.0, good for the #53 TE in the league. He's been pretty awful.
I guess you didn't read why I said he was having an impact. Tell me the last time you've seen Jordy Nelson so wide open in the endzone? How was our redzone offense last year? How is it this year? notice any change? It was probably increased by the fact we're playing back up guards all across the line LOL

You people ****ing kill me. But PFF says........ Sometimes I wonder if people even watch games or just read stats.

BTW, i'll give you a hint, we're about 10% points higher this year and the best redzone team in the league, still. Despite playing 2 games with an abysmal performing back up QB. But it's probably all the back up guards playing that's been the difference. LOL

Members online

Latest posts