Free Agency Thread

OP
OP
Todd Princl

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB loses a lot in the receiving game. I get the age difference but AJ had 1177 carries in 7 seasons while JJ has 1305 in 5 seasons. Career rushing avg. AJ 5.0- JJ 4.2 Rushing TDs AJ-45/JJ-46. Receptions AJ-272/JJ-197 YDS. AJ-2.076/JJ - 1448 AVG. AJ- 7.6/ JJ- 7.4 Receiving TDs AJ-18/ JJ-0. Games played AJ-97/ JJ-73. Not knowing how much AJ wanted and how much JJ is getting I will reserve judgement for now and hope it is an improvement. I wonder who is the better pass blocker? Going to be pretty tough to be a better locker room guy that AJ. Of course the FO knows a lot more about his health and last years injuries than I do. It will be interesting to see just where he lands. Another 2 guys from the Rodgers era are gone. Jacobs is 38 months younger than Jones.
Crazy that Jacobs has zero receiving touchdowns. The question is, can Jones cash in on the market at 29?
This might be a Greg Jennings situation where a player bets on himself. (don’t jump on me now with character comparisons, this ain’t that)
The Packers must have really low balled him is my thinking.

OP
OP
Todd Princl

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does this make Packer fans happier?! We got the best safety on the market!! Whoo Hoo!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5947.jpeg
    IMG_5947.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
Todd Princl

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we are done with free agency lol!! There are whispers that they are letting Jones and Campbell test the market and might bring them back on cheaper deals. Gonna be tough with Jones I am afraid.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree, TT's last 3 or 4 drafts turned out to be pretty bad.
Aaron Jones, Kenny Clark, Davante Adams, Corey Linsely, Jamaal Williams, et al. Bad might be a pretty strong word. The 2015 draft though had to be one of the worst in franchise history though.

OP
OP
Todd Princl

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Jones, Kenny Clark, Davante Adams, Corey Linsely, Jamaal Williams, et al. Bad might be a pretty strong word. The 2015 draft though had to be one of the worst in franchise history though.
Ron Wolf’s last draft was beyond abysmal!!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Does this make Packer fans happier?! We got the best safety on the market!! Whoo Hoo!!!
SCORE!!!

Way to go Gute! $17M per year isn't cheap, but something that the Packers really needed and I think they probably got a top 5 Safety in the league and he is only 24 to boot!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
I was on the phone with my financial advisor when the McKinney news flashed on the screen.... I was like yup, uh huh, sure, sounds good, let's keep in touch, thanks for calling, see ya soon.... WOOOO!!!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
SCORE!!!

Way to go Gute! $17M per year isn't cheap, but something that the Packers really needed and I think they probably got a top 5 Safety in the league and he is only 24 to boot!
Packer's management is going to definitely need to crank up their day care program........ for the players! Dang this team is young.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McKinney deal said to be 4yr/$68mil!!
This position had to be solidified as almost everyone has posted at one time or another. This takes a little bit if the sting out of losing A. Jones. I am really interested in hearing the negotiation scuttlebut.

Members online

Latest posts