Free Agency Thread

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Cousins is getting paid!!
Compensation update: Falcons are giving QB Kirk Cousins a four-year, $180 million deal including $100 million guaranteed, per source. It’s $45 million per average per year.
Giggle....... I smell an absolute catastrophe heading Atlanta's way.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be really curious to see if they draft another RB to replace Dillon in the 3-4 round area.
They've also said within the last couple of days that they expect Wilson to play a much larger role this year, and get a lot of snaps in various situations. They may wait until Day 3 to get another RB.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the Packers can get Simmons or maybe even Dugger..then draft a couple safeties.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
We shall see. Apparently Achilles tears are not the kiss of death they used to be.
How old is Cousins? How many playoff games has he won? How mobile is he? Does Atlanta have a good offensive line and good WR's? I'm thinking this could be a 180m dollar mistake. The Vikings? They'll get a 3rd round compensatory if they don't buy too many free agents.

OP
OP
Todd Princl

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How old is Cousins? How many playoff games has he won? How mobile is he? Does Atlanta have a good offensive line and good WR's? I'm thinking this could be a 180m dollar mistake. The Vikings? They'll get a 3rd round compensatory if they don't buy too many free agents.
Seems like he has been around forever!! Will be fun to see how it unfolds.

OP
OP
Todd Princl

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be his 12 year. Sure seems like he should be as old as Rodgers though!

OP
OP
Todd Princl

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well this was a turn of events. Fans ain’t gonna be happy about this!!
Aaron Jones is now a free agent!

Attachments

• IMG_5946.jpeg
    IMG_5946.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 36

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow............ didn't see that coming. That's sad. Jones was my favorite Packer. It's a new day for sure.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
No sweat. We got 11 draft picks. Draft 6 safeties and 5 Cornerbacks. Someone should emerge. :cool:

Personally, I don't want to go into the draft needing 3 starters in the secondary.

Gute would be wise to find Free Agents to fill those spots and use the draft to deepen them and prepare for 2025 and beyond.

While I love the idea of a Jones and Jacobs backfield, I don't if the Packers don't have the cap space to sign a high end FA safety. I would hate to start the season with a #1 safety on the depth chart being a rookie.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure about their OLine but they definitely have weapons in London, Pitts and Bijan. My guess is the #8 pick will be an OT or a WR.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
WOW....now THAT is a shocker. Did not see that coming. They must be worried about his age and availability. The Josh Jacobs signing now makes more sense.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally, I don't want to go into the draft needing 3 starters in the secondary.

Gute would be wise to find Free Agents to fill those spots and use the draft to deepen them and prepare for 2025 and beyond.

While I love the idea of a Jones and Jacobs backfield, I don't if the Packers don't have the cap space to sign a high end FA safety. I would hate to start the season with a #1 safety on the depth chart being a rookie.
Fugedaboutit!!!

Edit at 3:20 - Worry wart.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts