Freddie Jones

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except for some pretty good numbers in 2000, his stats look remarkably similar to Bubba's. I know we're looking at him as insurance in case we lose Franks, but I'd rather have Bubba back. I wonder how good a blocker he is?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm wanting the Packers to have TWO good TE's...

Certainly having an extra blocker in there will always help Ahman's running game...
But, ya gotta admit, having Chewey out there, as an extra option for Brett's passing game, did NOT hurt the Packers on the way to the SuperBowl... twice!

I say we NEED both.....!

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Steele still signed? I guess I would rather see the FA money spent somewhere else specifically defense since it looks like Bubba maybe coming back.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yepper - so far I haven't seen anyone out there even remotely looking at Bubba!
The NFL Rumormill hasn't mentioned it yet.

And, yes - we have TWO other TE's waiting in the wings...

• Ben Steele (Chewey type)
    Sean McHugh (like Bubba)

Canadian packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not to sure on Steele. If you look at the games he played he drop some real easy passes. His claim to fame was the fumble recovery. I think the packers offense could use some more passes to the tight end to loosen up defences. I think Jones would be a good pickup. Even better pickup if we keep Bubba.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey CP - the diff on Steele versus McHugh.. is that Steele saw playing time already...
Whether Rossley, or Sherman for that matter, could figure out how to run the right TE play remains to be seen. The last time we really ran multiple looks for TE plays was during the SuperBowl runs.... After that, it's always been like what we've done with Bubba a couple of years ago - and even that's faded for the most part now. Sherman might be able to figure it out, but Rossley? Probably not!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our TE is way underused to be this heavily discussed.
Except when Green or Fisher are trying to turn the outside corner. Then everyone will care if the guy can at least block.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ryan said:
I think our TE is way underused to be this heavily discussed.
Except when Green or Fisher are trying to turn the outside corner. Then everyone will care if the guy can at least block.

I was saying that with the thought that ppl were discussing the role they had as receiving threat such as Chmura and Jackson were during the SB years.

walker84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys think about this the Vikings secondary is going to be a whole lot better next year if they dont have any injuries. Farve can read a defense in no time flat. He has always loved an extra tight end. We can really strech a defense with a TE. Franks isnt as fast as Freddie Jones. With Farves accuracy sombody will be open all of the time if we can sign Freddie. 8)

ldlehrer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba is only getting about 2 million a season from the Packers GM. I think that is a fair price. I do not see any other NFL team paying that much for Bubba Franks. Freddie Jones will get less from the Packers. I would love to have him on the Packers rooster, but only at the right price.

Members online

Latest posts