Freddie Barnes

Reaction score
Freddie Barnes - WR - Bolling Greene

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw0a-5xV--w"]YouTube- Freddie Barnes Highlight Video[/ame]

Couldn't find a scouting report but I do have his stats.
2009 STATS: RECEPTIONS: 155 YARDS: 1,770 TOUCHDOWNS: 19
He was snubbed by the combine. How does the nation's leader in receiving, who was invited to the Shrine Game, not get an invitation?

I watched this kid play. If we can snatch him in the 4th or 5th he could be a huge WR for our team. I think he could be our next Donald Driver.

The Coordinator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is 6', 203lbs...Looks to have good hands but not great speed. With other pressing needs if he is still their in the late rounds might draw some interest.

OP
OP
Cincinnati Cheesehead
Reaction score
He can run, he just doesn't have oh the raiders must have him speed. He runs good routes, he has great hands and could be a Brandon Marshall style receiver especially with Rodgers throwing to him.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see maybe an undrafted signing and later a practice squad player. A reciever is a need as far as depth, we could upgrade the position Swain is holding.

OP
OP
Cincinnati Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how much longer Donald Driver has and I think Barnes could be a great addition to the team. He has the potential to fill the spot opposite side of Jennings. I believe that Jones and Nelson are decent 3s and 4s but I think Barnes would be better and add a sick threat to our already sick passing attack.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how much longer Donald Driver has and I think Barnes could be a great addition to the team. He has the potential to fill the spot opposite side of Jennings. I believe that Jones and Nelson are decent 3s and 4s but I think Barnes would be better and add a sick threat to our already sick passing attack.

I generally agree with what you say Cincy... but I have to disagree this time. This is a draft where we do NOT need a WR. Unless Dez Bryant were to fall to the Pack, there is not reason to even think about another one. Its time to fill some needs before we replace Driver.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would consider another reciever that could be a stud at returning kicks, seems like this guy doesn't have the speed to do that.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I still think Jordy Nelson can and will be a very effective number 2 receiver in the NFL. WR is our deepest position, I don't think we need anybody else. Barnes would come in and be our 5th receiver. How often did you see Swain or the other 5th receiver after Swain got hurt in on offense? Pretty much never. No need to burn a draft pick on this position.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't need another receiver, if he can't be a percy harvin type, that will do some wildcat, be a quick threat, and return punts and kicks.

We have Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, and Jermichael Finley, that a lot of times lines up as wide receiver.

Actually, we don't need another receiver at all. We need a pr/kr and a RB that can burn teams and catch the ball out of the back field. But WR? no.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
If we draft another receiver it has to be a Harvin type that can return kicks, take wildcat snaps, and dabble at the running back position. Mardy Gilyard makes sense in that role. We're already loaded with traditional receivers.

OP
OP
Cincinnati Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will admit I really want Barnes. I think its completely reasonable to take him in the 5th round but I know we don't NEED Barnes but I believe he would be a steal in the 5th. I just wanted to throw that out there. I want Gilyard too. I want a lot of guys.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No telling what TT will do. For all we know.........he could pick up Golden Tate in the 2nd round. That wouldn't be a horrible thing although we have other needs.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think Jordy Nelson can and will be a very effective number 2 receiver in the NFL. WR is our deepest position, I don't think we need anybody else. Barnes would come in and be our 5th receiver. How often did you see Swain or the other 5th receiver after Swain got hurt in on offense? Pretty much never. No need to burn a draft pick on this position.
Come on Jess.......we know what you want. You want the Packers to draft Kyle Wilson .....as much as I want them to draft Mike Iupati!!!!

Members online

Latest posts