Fred Smoot.....A Viqueen

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smoot agrees to deal with Vikings
Story Tools: Print Email XML
Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
Posted: 20 minutes ago

The Minnesota Vikings have plucked another defensive addition from the off-season market.

NFL FREE AGENCY
Recent signings ...

Monday's signing roundup
Also ...

Early winners and losers
Off-season player tracker
Scout.com: Free-agent rankings
Photo gallery ...
Top free agents

FOXSports.com has learned that the Vikings have agreed to terms with former Redskins cornerback Fred Smoot on a multi-year, $34 million deal that includes $10.8 million to sign.

Smoot is the third major addition the Vikings have made to their defense, including former Raiders linebacker Napoleon Harris (acquired in the Randy Moss trade) and former Bills defensive tackle Pat Williams (acquired via free agency).

The Redskins had earlier offered Smoot a deal for $10 million to sign, but he was able to better the deal in Minnesota, the team with the best cap position in the NFL entering free agency.

Smoot, who turns 26 in April, had 16 total interceptions in four seasons with the Redskins.

Smoot forms a quality tandem at cornerback with Antoine Winfield, who was Minnesota's top free agent signee last season.

Also Tuesday, tight end Freddie Jones visited the Vikings, who are trying to sign either him or Jermaine Wiggins, who led them in receptions last year.

Guys i think the North Division will be the toughest division this season.And now im kinda second guessing the Packers actually winning this division.....or even making the playoffs...... :-?

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno, maybe I have too much confidence in both what the offensive line will end up like, and in the Packers offensive personel. I just don't see Favre handing off to Green/Davenport/Fisher and throwing to Walker/Driver/Ferguson/Franks/Green/Fisher being even close to possible to stop if they take the bloody strings off of the playbook and have something remotely resembling a defence keeping the other defence honest. It's only March 8th. :cry:

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think the name fred smoot sounds good and don't get me wrong the guy is solid but i don't he's half the cb that winfield is.

Members online

Latest posts