Franks back on field

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This part made me laugh:

He appeared to be moving well but wasn't going at top speed.

Does that mean he was walking? I didn't know Bubba had a "top speed". His top speed is like me shuffling around the house after I just woke up.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True pack_in_black. What in the world is Franks role going to be when he comes back? Our running game has been better with him than without him. Donald Lee makes more plays...And I know someone might say "well lets put Bubba in when we are on the endzone" But dont forget about Donald Lee's TD catch. I think that were pretty well set at TE.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
True pack_in_black. What in the world is Franks role going to be when he comes back? Our running game has been better with him than without him. Donald Lee makes more plays...And I know someone might say "well lets put Bubba in when we are on the endzone" But dont forget about Donald Lee's TD catch. I think that were pretty well set at TE.

Come now, we could get quite a bit out of a two tight end set, Bubba can fill in on the second TE working the middle and short out routes.. how about a short cross 7 to 10 yards deep with Bubba "screening" off Lee's man..

Bubba won't hurt the running game either, he is under-rated as a blocking TE.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba was doing GREAT before he got hurt. Remember the 2 TE set we used during the SB 31 season? Chumura and Jackson gave Favre some great help blocking AND catching.
With Lee coming on strong, big Bubba in there gives Brett another safety valve.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya gotta love anyone with a nick name "Bubba."

Ya gotta love any player who is a life time Packer.

Ya gotta love any Packer who is a Packer For Life and has 3 Pro bowls.

And.... With the long and storied history of this team... Ya gotta love the T.E. who has accomplished more than every other T.E. who ever wore a Packer Uniform with the exception of Paul Coffman.

I hope he catches the winning T.D. from Brett in this years Superbowl.

I respect this man. Even though he has frustrated me many times with a drop.

R.P.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Franks still has it. He's shown it.
yes, he's had 2 straight bad years, but this year, he's been good. He's still a solid blocking TE and he has a great rapport with Favre. Favre looks for him constantly in short distance situations.

Franks should have 3 TEs. I know it's been said before, but that one where he got injured should have been a TD. That would be 3 TDs in 6 games, which is a decent stat for a TE.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hes played better this year than last. our running game has been better without him for some reason. maybe just coincidence, maybe our offense is less predictable with Lee in there because he is a better downfield threat, who knows.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Let's get our bathroom investigator to find out more on this situation.
I'm sure he's hanging around the ****** even as I type these words.

This sounds like a job for the "junk- grabber".

Reaction score
I wonder what they will do with Karuse after Bubba comes back.

Granted Krause hasn't been overwhelmingly great, but I think Krause might be able to offer something in the passing game. Krause hasn't been bad with blocking either, as far as I recall.

I remember McCarthy saying (something after final cuts were made) that he likes to have a total of 5 TEs and FBs on the roster.