Forgotten Packers

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
It's hard to make a case for this guy being 'forgotten' given his stature and the accolades he's received over the years...but his is still the jersey I came closest to buying...as I've said, I've NEVER owned a jersey with a player's name on it. Now, I wasn't a kid when he played...I was in my late teens/early 20's, I have a vivid recollection of the guy who ran like a gazelle (and also had a rep for dropping an easy one every now and again) and essentially rewrote the Packers' record book. On top of that, the guy was a gentleman's gentleman - and I really believe he got a bum deal in lilly-white Green Bay of the 70's and 80's - like it or not, times were a whole lot different than they are now 30 years ago...and when all is said and done...well... you know.... anyway, I'd have to say James Lofton. I really wish that he would have finished up in Green Bay, but hey...he got to his Super Bowl with Buffalo...so... you know... I'm happy for him.

Isn't it funny how one bad decision can taint a talented player's career? That's how I feel about Eugene Robinson. I always had the utmost respect for the guy until after the incident in New Orleans during Super Bowl week. Now that's what I associate with his hame. It's a shame really.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't it funny how one bad decision can taint a talented player's career? That's how I feel about Eugene Robinson. I always had the utmost respect for the guy until after the incident in New Orleans during Super Bowl week. Now that's what I associate with his hame. It's a shame really.

Same for Mark Chumura.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Michael Jackson & Paul McCartney do a song about him? (think ******* this one)
That was Stevie Wonder.
The song Paul and Michael did together was Say Say Say.

We know what you meant and I gave you a "like" for your clever joke.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Psst...
****ey retired following the '85 season. Sterling Sharpe joined the NFL as a rookie in 1988...
Yea, I wasn't putting them together as players, I was putting them together on my list. Sometimes I think I know what I'm writing, but don't write it so everyone else understands. Thanks for the opportunity to clarify. There was supposed to be a comma as in Sterling, Ed West and Paul Coffman, ya know?

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tend to think Bob Brown isn't discussed enough. A totally devastating DT from '66-'73.
And from the Favre era: Brian Williams. Super-quick LB who was one of the best in the NFL for a brief time (USA Today All-Pro in '97). Injuries really disrupted what could've been a memorable career.

Members online

Latest posts