Forget about Verba

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oooaaah, ...........nevermind.

It will take him at least 'til December to shake off his rust and then.....(maybe :!: ) he could be a solid starter for the Lions.

But unfortunately (for the Lions :lol: ) he'll start nagging and brawling in November (at the latest :!: )
that they should start him elsewhere or treat him like someone or
give him the opportunity to blablabla...... like he always did.

It's better THEM than US. :wink:

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the one-year deal signed by Detroit Lions OL Ross Verba is worth $4 million, according to league salary documents. Verba receives a $2.2 million signing bonus and his 2006 base salary is $1.8 million. If the team decides to exercise an option for next spring, the deal would increase to five years in length and could be worth as much as $20 million. Verba would receive a $2.5 million option bonus and his base salaries for the four seasons would be $1.5 million (2007), $2.6 million (2008), $3 million (2009) and $3.6 million (2010). He would also receive roster bonuses of $1 million each in 2009 and 2010 and workout bonuses of $200,000 each for 2007-2010.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From ProFootballTalk

LIONS LAMBASTED FOR PAYING VERBA

League insiders are laughing their ***** off in response to reports that the Detroit Lions gave offensive lineman Ross Verba a $2.2 million signing bonus, a $1.8 million base salary for 2006, and a five-year deal worth up to $20 million in total payments.

Said one high-level league insider, "If any of this is true, they should fire every member of that organization."

Verba regarded in most NFL cities as a complete and total turd. Besides, who in the hell were the Lions competing with for his services?

In fairness to the Lions, the deal includes a $2.5 million option bonus payable in 2007, which means that the contract might only be worth, in the end, $4 million over one year. Even then, however, Verba doesn't deserve $4 million for one year of football.

Heck, he doesn't deserve $1 million. Instead, the Lions should have dangled the one-year veteran minimum salary and told Verba to take it, leave it, or get a better deal elsewhere.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he doesnt. I'm sure its a backloaded contract, but whats up front is ridiculous.

good stuff, superrat. let's make out.

Reaction score
Trom, quit scaring Super and about the rest of the people on this board. No telling what you won't or will do. :p

MY GOD, I just read this and I can't believe my eyes. They gave him THAT MUCH MONEY... :shock:

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.