For all you Sherman Backers

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So tromadz what is the alternative? Bring back a guy just to hold and take up two spots on your active roster or bring back Barker, who's old, going nowhere and who's no better than Sander is, simply because Longwell's more comfortable with him? I'd also add that TT not Sherman made the calls on personnel this season, so it's TT's not Sherman's fault that Sander is still on this team, though I'll give you that Sander probably should have been cut last season, or preferably, never drafted by Sherman in the first place.

A coach's job is to put players in a position to make plays and Leach clearly had that opportunity, he just didn't execute. That is not Sherman's fault, it's Leach's. I'm also not too sure who you replace him with. Leach has been, for the most part, the superior blocker when compared to Henderson so I think having him in there is the right call.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not able to watch the game live, I DVR'd it only to find that the Mrs. Calicheesehead had not stuck to the gameplan of not allowing the little cheeseheads on changing the channel. Thus only the first half was recorded. Upon viewing said first half, I thought MS managed the game well and put points up where needed and went for it on 4th down when needed. Good decisions to keep us in the game. Brett's throw to Ferguson to the endzone was purely stupid, not risky since Ferg would never had a chance on that one. I am beginning to get giddy for Gado. Our D looks great and shi..y all in a series. ST's are more like Special Ed teams. Barnett, though the leading tackler blew a coverage where he and Brady stood there while vines ran underneath them, and saw him whif on at least 2 tackles for losses which turned into Jones's gain. All in all for the 1st half, I could not pin this on MS.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is not one play in an NFL playbook that will NOT work.... If it is executed properly, regardless of the situation or field position.

T.O. is right and if leach had executed the play may have worked.

The challenge is however, that it is the coaches job to have the players on the field execute. Practise does not make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect.

Sherman is responsible for the record this year. There is no one else on the hook, it is that simple...

I had a terrible dinner at a restaurant in Vancouver last night, the service was beyond bad. I am not going to blame the waiter. There is no such thing as a bad employee there is only a bad manager. There is no such thing as a bad team, only a bad coach. The only exception to the rule is if that manager or coach has just taken over a brand new staff.

How long has our 13th head coach been running this team for?

RP

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahhhhh but RP, why stop at Sherman. Why isn't TT or Bob Harlan responsible?

I'm not saying these guys are but just following your logic. People tend to go up the ladder and blame the guy they feel is responsible. It never stops at the same position. It is not "that simple".

BTW....I respect your opinions but that mumbo-jumbo corporate Dale Carnegie bullsh1t doesn't flush all the time. The facts are ....there ARE bad employees....there are bad teams. Everybody is not the same.

Just curious......do you know a fellow named Bayne Henyon?

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack, you took the words right out of my mouth. I've had great leaders as bosses and I've had total morons/***holes as bosses and I did the same job and with the same effort regardless because I'm a professional and because I have a sense of pride in my work. My performance has nothing to do with my manager, though it's a lot more enjoyable working for the former than it is the latter.

BTW, where did you go to eat? If you're still in Van, try West. It's on Granville and was pure magic when I was out there in the fall.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Depack...

Of course i'm glad the Packer's won....rather than lost..

But after that game...I can't get too excited about it....The Lions should have put the Pack away soooo many times last night...I guess it is a tribute to the defense..or are the Lions just that ineffectual..that they can't score on the 5 yard line...5 out of 6 times...?

And if they would have kicked a FG instead of going for it on 4th and 1..they would have won..so you can see how i'm not terribly excited about the win...but it's better than a loss....

Also TO...the whole point behind not running that play is because it is slow developing and if the FB misses his block...well..you saw what can happen....

That's why teams in the end zone usually run quick hitting plays where the back cheats up and hits the hole much faster..thereby not giving the defense too much time to react...that's why you don't see professionals using the I-formation from their endzone..but we're talking about SherRossley here...so i'm never surprised at the moronic stuff i see...

Why not use U-71 package? Maybe he should put a monkey at flanker to confuse the defense...I'm sure SherRossley's got alot of tricks like that up his sleeve...

(even Theismann commented on it..and thought it was strange...)

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:42 am Post subject: Re: For all you Sherman Backers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still crying after a win. I won't name names but a couple of you Packer "fans" seem miserable when they win. You sure are alot more happy after a loss. HMMMMM

You have to see the big picture. Beating the Lions in overtime means absolutelly nothing for the season, but playing the younger players, seeing who can and who can't play is important. If you lose out and you have a chance to better your franchise you do that. You take a beating for better days ahead. The worst thing that could happen for this franchise right now is to win out. And don't think I"m not a die hard Packer fan. As I said it's always nice to have a win, but sometimes that win doesn't mean anything other then you just dropped out of the race for the best player to come out in years. That's not being happy about a loss it's being happy that you're still in contention to get a potential great player.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except if you run a quick hitting dive play the only place to do it is up the middle, which is the strength of the Lions D (Rogers and Wilkinson). Instead Sherman tried to run behind his best lineman in Tausher.

Let me ask you another question 66. What happens if Wells, who had a rough night, or Clifton or Flanny misses a block on a quick hitting dive play you wanted? The answer of course is a safety. It all comes down to execution on that play and Leach didn't execute, which is why the play failed, not because it was the wrong call.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from, packedhouse. I had mixed feelings about the win, knowing it would cost us draft position. But losing games on purpose is fraudulent, and pride DOES matter.

It would be interesting if two teams played each other and both were trying to lose. I wonder if that's ever happened?

Anyway, you can be sure that if the Packers had lost, the bashers would've had a field day ripping on Sherman, rather than congratulating him for losing. So I'm not going to let them have it both ways.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You take a beating for better days ahead. The worst thing that could happen for this franchise right now is to win out. And don't think I"m not a die hard Packer fan. As I said it's always nice to have a win, but sometimes that win doesn't mean anything other then you just dropped out of the race for the best player to come out in years. That's not being happy about a loss it's being happy that you're still in contention to get a potential great player.

Packed House you are Dead worng and anyone else is dead wrong to think losing out would be good and winning would be bad. Wining and Losing are contagious. Look at San Fran, Dallas, Texans, Arizona, Detroit. The worst thing the Pack could do is lose out. It would impeed the team next year. Frankly no offense to all those who want reggie but no way the Texans beggin winning. The Jets wont come alive so there is no Chance. I would Rather see the Pack win the next three finish six and 10 end up with a quality 7th pick negotiate some trades and pick up FA than put a bunch of eggs into Bush's or Lienharts back pocket. TRUST ME FOLKS IF THE PACK LOSE OUT 2 and 14 will be more of a possibilty next year than 14-2 Ask any of the teams I have just stated losing takes on itself when it rears its head better to build some confidence for next year than rely on a Possible high draft pick

Members online

Latest posts