Football Outsiders Efficiency Ratings

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Efficiency rankings of GB team and players vs all other NFL teams from Football Outsiders, revised 11/9 . FO has gained a lot of attention after predicting the collapse of the Cowboys before the season start. Kind of makes you take their analysis a lot more seriously.

Packers Offense 8th
Packers Defense 4th
Weighted DVOA (how team is playing overall now) - 5th

QB's
Rodgers - 5th

Running Backs
Jackson - 28th

TE's
Finley - 3rd
Quarless - 27th

Wide Receivers
Jennings - 16th
Driver - 35th
Nelson - 59th
Jones - 69th

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2010 TEAM EFFICIENCY RATINGS

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pro Football Focus has him @ 2nd. 3rd for just passing but the quality running helps him pass peyton overall

OP
OP
Murgen

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
You used to be able to get CB statistics from Football Outsiders. Not anymore I guess :(

Probably in their premium paid for content.

I think Rodgers scrambling helped propel him higher on the rankings.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cause when he touches the ball, Packers win. LOL

(although you can it's getting on Jennings nerves that he isn't #1 anymore).
Maybe Jennings isn't the #1 anymore. He wasn't early in the season, for sure.

But the last 4 games, he has 25 receptions for 368 yards and 3 Tds.
Finley in his 4 games, had 21 receptions for 301 yards and 1 Td.

Yes, I know, he's a TE, those are big numbers for a TE. But still, I wouldn't be so quick to give the title of #1 target to Finley when he comes back.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Those rankings are based on efficiency. For example a run of 2 yards on 3rd and 1 is more important than a 9 yard run on 1st and 10. I can give you a rundown on how they calculate it if you want.
The scoring is based on the average of the rest of the league.
They also do comparison averages and determined that Aaron Rodgers last year was in all statistical categories most like (are you ready for it?) Brent Farvdingle. Comparisons are all from players since 1978. ARod threw for more yards and less interceptions, brent threw for more touchdowns.

OP
OP
Murgen

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Maybe Jennings isn't the #1 anymore. He wasn't early in the season, for sure.

But the last 4 games, he has 25 receptions for 368 yards and 3 Tds.
Finley in his 4 games, had 21 receptions for 301 yards and 1 Td.

Yes, I know, he's a TE, those are big numbers for a TE. But still, I wouldn't be so quick to give the title of #1 target to Finley when he comes back.

What is impressive is Finley did that in 4 games with Jennings on the field splitting opportunities and during the beginning of the season when rodgers was not in sync.

Jennings is playing great, but he also doesn't have to split opportunities with Finley anymore.

Finley has my vote as the #1 target in this offense now. His hands are amazing. You could see it. He was the first guy Rodgers looked for and it was irritating Jennings and rightly so because Jennings was getting open and Rodgers was forcing the ball to Finley sometimes.

I'm very happy to have both on our roster. Both are damn fine weapons for the offense.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts