First Packer game, help!

PackerMike16

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I took my wife and son to our first Packer game last year against the Rams. Thanks in large part to the helpful people on this site and others, we had a fantastic time. There is nothing like screaming "Go Pack Go" with 78000 of your closest friends. Everything listed here is right on the money. I would just add a few other thoughts that might be helpful.
1. Park off site. We parked about 4 blocks away and paid $10 dollars.
2. Arrive about 4 hours early. Walk around and drink in the experience. Lambeau really is one of a kind.
3. 2 hours before kickoff the gates open. It was a great time to stand by the rails and watch the guys warm up. If you're lucky a couple players might even come by and start a conversation.
4. Make time either the day before or after to visit the stadium and do your shopping in the pro shop. They have everything you can imagine and you really don't want to have to carry it around all day on game day. I also recommend touring the Packer Hall of Fame. That place was well worth the time we spent in it. That is going to be a part of every trip I make to Green Bay. Also if there is time and availability tour the stadium. It sells out really fast so get there as soon as the doors open. We had to extend our stay an additional night because they sold out on Saturday.

My wife and I are also planning on flying up from Texas to attend the Giants game in October. Maybe we will see you there. Feel free to ask anything. The people here are excellent.

OP
OP
V

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice everyone!

On a less enthusiastic note, I bought a 3rd ticket from NFL ticket exchange and the 3rd person had to drop out.

Does anyone have experience buying from NFL ticket exchange? When should I realistically expect my tickets to come in? I cannot sell the 3rd ticket until I have the bar-code that is featured on the ticket, so I hope to get it a couple months before, giving me a decent shot at getting a similar price.

Last edited:

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Just hope you can find a third person over it. As really heard a lot of nice things about the Packers stadium. Have a blast.

OP
OP
V

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got my tickets from NFL ticket exchange!

If anyone wants the 3rd ticket, I am selling seat 7, row 7, in section 134 currently on NFL ticket exchange. Currently listed at $329 as it is a single ticket, but would be happy to sell to someone on here for $300 (would save you around $100 due to the added $70 fee ticket exchange charges).

Let me know!

Nikki C

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I, too, am going to my first Packers game (next Friday vs Browns). I booked the Motel 6 right near Lambeau. I will let you know what it's like after my stay!

Sean Confreyt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got my tickets from NFL ticket exchange!

If anyone wants the 3rd ticket, I am selling seat 7, row 7, in section 134 currently on NFL ticket exchange. Currently listed at $329 as it is a single ticket, but would be happy to sell to someone on here for $300 (would save you around $100 due to the added $70 fee ticket exchange charges).

Let me know!

I will be traveling from NY to see the same game on Oct. 9th. Still have not pulled the trigger on the tickets yet... I have been checking StubHub and other re-sale websites religiously for a couple weeks now. Most prices have remained consistent in the 100 level as I definitely want to sit in the bowl. Hope to find a good deal one of these days!

OP
OP
V

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Update --

Absolutely amazing experience! Glad we won, and just so happened to be in an amazing section (seats were great but the people were better).

Champions tour is amazing and the Pro-Shop had an amazing selection. We stayed in Manitowoc, about a 35 minute drive from Green Bay and while I would recommend staying closer, my wife and I loved the drive in every morning as Wisconsin is quite beautiful in early October.

The HoF was also much better than I had thought; walking into the room with the 4 Lombardi's was a moment I will never forget.

Do not cheap out on parking, spend the $40 and stay close to the stadium. The walk back, especially from a night game is not worth the savings. We parked at Krolls, and while the food post game was just okay (and the service was poor but it must be a super long day for the staff there), it was nice to sit and eat a short walk from the stadium and have your rented car right there.

We actually just happened to be in the right place at the right time with players driving into the Stadium. Definitely look up when and where that typically happens as it was a fun surprise (and I was almost walked in front of Jordy, still a blast haha).

Stadium View had the best pre-game party that we went to. Both the Tailgate Party tent at Lambeau and the pre-game party at Krolls were not as fun (I do not think I would recommend the Tailgate tent to anyone as it felt like more of a waiting room than anything, but Krolls was great with a slightly older crowd than Stadium View). Stadium View had great live music, a very energetic crowd, and easy access to good food and drink.

1919 was packed the night before the game, but the food was the best we had in Green Bay and the service was great. Also had a great atmosphere for any football fan.

Titletown Brewing was not really what I expected, okay food, okay service.

The game was a little colder than expected, so we wanted some cheap green long shirts/sweaters to go under our jerseys last minute, and Target in Green Bay was great for that.

If you plan on getting a game pin, get it the day before or on gameday; we went back for a couple more the following day for family that are Giants fans and the Pro-Shop was completely sold out.

Oh, and make the short trip to Lombardi's old house, from the park nearby you can actually see Lambeau!

Thanks to everyone that helped make my first trip to Lambeau a memorable one!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts