First Packer game, help!

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So as the schedule was released last night, I excitedly booked flights and hotels for my first NFL football game (October 9th, Sunday night game between the Giants and Packers). I have been a fan since I was 9 (about 20 years now), so obviously I am quite excited to finally go to Lambeau.

I do however have a few questions if any of you experienced locals are kind enough to help.

I thought I was booking a hotel in Green Bay proper, but it appears I am in the Quality Inn in Manitowoc, WI. So about a 40 minute drive to Lambeau, not a big deal, but how should I get to the game? Should I rent a car, park at a bus terminal and get a ride to Lambeau? Should I pay for parking at the stadium itself? Is there a bus that is a better bet? What would you suggest?

Next question, I have yet to pull the trigger on actual game tickets yet (kind of an important part of the equation), as I have checked the average ticket price of Packer tickets online, and the tickets up for sale on the ticket exchange seem to be well above that. Probably smart season ticket holders looking to make a quick buck on eager fans like me. I would like to be in the first 10 rows, on either side of the field. How much should I expect to pay for those? The best deal I see right now are section 134 (not quite on the side of the field), row 7, at $288 US. Is that a good deal or should I wait until ticketmaster starts selling tickets?

Also, anything else I should know? Super excited to make the trip, any suggestions are appreciated!

And as always, go Pack go!

Last edited:

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm on your boat too. I always come from Phoenix. I stay in Appleton, it's about a 20 min drive. But hotels are half the price. I always get a car rental because I like being able to go wherever I want. I also fly into Chicago and drive up to GB, flights to Chicago are usually much cheaper. And I get to spend a few days in Chicago as well.

This year seems like a tough year to get a decent price home game because the way the schedule works. Normally I pick a team no one cares much about or there's not much hype about. The teams that are those this year happen to be Gold Ticket games, so they're kinda keeping the prices up. The one I'm eyeballing now is the Colts game just because they don't seem to travel too well, but it is a gold game. I will say expect to pay about $150-200 per seat unless they play a rival, prime time game. Those tickets will be much higher.

OP
OP
V

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I am really going back and forth on these seats at $288..but would hate to seem them go for half if I do purchase them right now.

I think I will rent a car, do you typically buy a parking ticket as well? Or are there places to park and walk to the game?

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I am really going back and forth on these seats at $288..but would hate to seem them go for half if I do purchase them right now.

I think I will rent a car, do you typically buy a parking ticket as well? Or are there places to park and walk to the game?

I don't believe you can just buy a parking spot in the lot as I'm pretty sure those are for season ticket holders, someone will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure. Yes, there's PLENTY of other parking up and down the streets, and I would recommend that anyways (typically $20-$30 depending on how close to Lambeau you want) and tailgate for a few hours. That's half of the experience right there. Make sure you hit Stadium View Bar as well pre-game, always a good time!

I've found that if you aren't getting the tickets at face then you can usually expect to pay $50-100 on top of face value depending on the game. Bears game you're probably looking at double face at least. I also think you're best bet is to stay in a hotel away from Lambeau. I've stayed in some dumps within walking distance of the stadium and paid through the nose for them.

OP
OP
V

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have found some sites selling those parking passes (the $20-30 spots away from the stadium you are mentioning). Should I purchase beforehand or just spend the money day of?

OP
OP
V

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I am settled for the most part, but does anyone know how to figure out the face value of the seats in different sections so I know I am getting a decent deal?

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have found some sites selling those parking passes (the $20-30 spots away from the stadium you are mentioning). Should I purchase beforehand or just spend the money day of?

You don't even need to buy a pass (unless something has changed since the last time I went), you just drive up to the businesses or whatever along the road and pay the attendant.

D

Deleted member 6794

You don't have to buy parking tickets online. Just drive up close to Lambeau Field on game day, there are ton of places offering parking. You'll get a decent spot in walking dustance of the stadium for $10, close to it you most likely pay $20-30.

If you really want to sit in the first 10 rows between the end zones I wouldn't expect the tickets to get a lot cheaper.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I always wait about a month or so while the whole schedule release craze kinda dies down a bit.
I never get parking passes. You'll find plenty of parking near the stadium

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep in mind. There really isn't any bad seats at Lambeau. Not sure about the new upper section ones. But all others are pretty good

D

Deleted member 6794

Keep in mind. There really isn't any bad seats at Lambeau. Not sure about the new upper section ones. But all others are pretty good

I sat in the 700 seats in the South end zone for the Packers game vs. the Vikings last season. The view is fine but unfortunately several food stands were closed for whatever reason and the food offering was limited as well.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't have to buy parking tickets online. Just drive up close to Lambeau Field on game day, there are ton of places offering parking. You'll get a decent spot in walking dustance of the stadium for $10, close to it you most likely pay $20-30.

If you really want to sit in the first 10 rows between the end zones I wouldn't expect the tickets to get a lot cheaper.

I've parked in the lot once and that was when I had a pass, am I right that you can't just drive up and park in the lot without one? Personally, I think parking in one of the businesses on Lombardi is the best. Across the street from the Kwik Trip about half way between Ashland and Oneida is usually $20.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Parking lot need season tix or handicap.

But you can park miles away for free, thrn call for an Uber

But for under 20 you can park on som s lawn with in a decent walk.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll echo others thoughts as well, plenty of parking within short walking distance of the stadium. All the business' in the area charge for parking and since the area is a like a ghost town (well a ghost town filled with people attending the game) there is always plenty of parking.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
But you can park miles away for free, thrn call for an Uber
Or park 3-5 blocks north or west of the stadium on city streets for free. Even just in time for kickoff the furthest I ever parked was 6 blocks. Don't expect to be the first one out of town though. 45 minutes after the game traffic is usually clear. I've seen many go back to the tailgating to wait it out.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have gotten good advice here. To sum up, fly to chicago, rent a car, drive to Manitowoc, leave very early on game day, park 4 or 5 blocks east on city street (free or maybe $10 and easy to exit), and go to bars south of stadium, Stadium View is the funnest, live band and fun party.

Oh, and park facing away from the stadium. After the game streets are full of drunk pedestrians and cars, very slow. Take back roads to get across river near downtown and get to 43 that way.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good suggestions but if I ever make it back for a Sunday night game I'm skipping the bar scene all together if it is up to me. Just too crowded for my taste. If its a nice day make sure you have on good walking shoes and spend some time hoofing it around the stadium. For blocks around you will find tailgaters and most of them are very friendly and welcoming. Let people know you are from out of town and its your first trip to Lambeau and you may eat and drink for free all day. I've got a friend who has season tickets and he says on a nice day with a night game they can go through about a hundred brats and burgers and several cases of beer that they offer out to pretty much anyone who stops by their parking site to chat.

I was there once and a guy pulled his car over to the side of the street, jumped out and set 2 cases of beer a couple of 12 packs of soda and two shopping bags stuffed with bags of chips and the like on the ground. He said he had made his first trip to Lambeau 2 years earlier with his 2 teenage sons and they made him feel right at home, fed him and his sons, had beers for the guy and soda for the kids and he was just repaying the kindness.

Even if you are not a drinker the tailgating scene is one you can't overlook. Friendliest people you will ever want to meet and believe it or not we spent about 45 minutes as guests of a bunch of vikings fans who come to Lambeau every year for the Packer/viking game and they were great people.

I hope you have a great time.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We used to park in the lot years ago before it got restrictive. Now we either park in someone's yard for $10-20 and tailgate there or do as Papa San mentioned and park 6-10 blocks away on a residential street and walk. There are some onsite party tents that I presume are operated by the Packers. They seem like forced parties, with thumping music and high priced beer. Check out Stadium View or as others said, it's fun to just walk up and down the tailgate lanes inside the Lambeau Parking lot. Carry a cooler with you and just take in the sights.

Definitely tailgate or loiter after the game as post-game traffic is terrible in Green Bay. The only redeeming value that I've ever found is listening to the postgame show on the radio. Otherwise, I'd rather be out and about rather than inching along in traffic.

Staff online

Latest posts