Fire Mark Murphy?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unironically, Favre's main beef was with Murphy too
I only remember thinking that it was time to move on. When Brett retired, I thought it was going to be a smooth transition. But sometimes The Packer family is just that. A disfunctional mess for awhile. Impossible to always say the right thing. Everybody can't get their own way. LMAO Honestly, I don't think I even knew who Murphy was at the time. Thought it was TT and MM that wanted to move along.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So how do you know my side? Cant i see both sides of the debate equally?

You are free to think whatever you'd like...but so far it seems you have disagreed with much of what I have said hence your side vs my side...unless you're just playing devil's advocate. In which case I apologize for characterizing your position in an inappropriate way

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cmon man leave him alone please? He has a right to his opinion

Thanks man...it's ok though I enjoy the debate and I certainly don't feel as if I'm being picked on...I'm confident in my opinion or I wouldn't put it on the record

We all want the same thing here...go pack go to the SB

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree with your feelings about shutting the hell up, Aaron should not be able to dictate to the organisation. NOBODY should be allowed to do that. If he`d won six superbowls maybe, but he hasn`t
Nothing to do with Aaron at all. On one hand FO keeps saying they want Aaron back and then calls his complicated on other hand. This chaotic mismanagement is what ****** everyone off.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing to do with Aaron at all. On one hand FO keeps saying they want Aaron back and then calls his complicated on other hand. This chaotic mismanagement is what ****** everyone off.
Chaotic? I guess if you want to read into it that much.

But do you think the FO doesn't want him back? The same one that IMO gave him a 100 whatever million dollar contract extension a year too soon? You think they invested that much in someone they don't want around?

I don't get how everyone thinks this is something. He IS complicated. Every freaking offseason or in season he talks at length himself about things. thinking over bourbon, Dali Lama visits, spiritual hikes to Machu Picchu. If people haven't figured out Rodgers goes a lot deeper than most of you, you haven't been paying attention.

It's not like he said, trying to deal with Rodgers is like trying to talk sense to a prepubescent girl at her first boyband concert and we just can't deal with him so we're letting him pout. He didn't say anything. Most guys just want money, they do this, you toss more money at him, and he's happy. You know it's quite possible all he's saying as there is more to Rodgers than that. it's not a slight. Unless you want it to be.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But do you think the FO doesn't want him back? The same one that IMO gave him a 100 whatever million dollar contract extension a year too soon? You think they invested that much in someone they don't want around?

I don't get how everyone thinks this is something. He IS complicated. Every freaking offseason or in season he talks at length himself about things. thinking over bourbon, Dali Lama visits, spiritual hikes to Machu Picchu. If people haven't figured out Rodgers goes a lot deeper than most of you, you haven't been paying attention.

It's not like he said, trying to deal with Rodgers is like trying to talk sense to a prepubescent girl at her first boyband concert and we just can't deal with him so we're letting him pout. He didn't say anything. Most guys just want money, they do this, you toss more money at him, and he's happy. You know it's quite possible all he's saying as there is more to Rodgers than that. it's not a slight. Unless you want it to be.
People have to realize that managing a Franchise QB is more than just paying him money. From what I read, AR had a concern that Packers won't see through the contract in full and rather than address that, we've probably done everything else to exacerbate the situation.

MM is a seasoned actor and should know better than to speak like this in public. There's no upside and all downside to statements like these. Useless and detrimental.

And as to the 100m, it what any franchise would have paid him. It's not like we overpaid him or anything. Just par for the course!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
likewise, as players get older, contingency plans are made and most don't finish out big contracts. it's not like GB is doing anything dishonest or underhanded. Just par of the course. as for MM's comment, useless, yes. Detrimental? only if you want it to be and something like that is what even pushes Rodgers' needle to never playing here again, i guess it's good bye.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not saying any party is being dishonest. Just the way GB approached the situation shows a lack of basic communication with our QB (Which Gute even acknowledged).

I can only hope both parties can act maturely going forward and fix this.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not saying any party is being dishonest. Just the way GB approached the situation shows a lack of basic communication with our QB (Which Gute even acknowledged).

I can only hope both parties can act maturely going forward and fix this.
I don't buy the communication part. I mean, yes, it definitely can cause problems. Been married long enough to know that LOL, but at the same time, once you realize the misunderstanding, the miscommunication etc, things generally resolve quickly.

Except when the communication wasn't really the issue, but what was at stake is. There's obviously some fundamental differences at play here and depending on how far they want to dig in (either side) there might not be any way to an amicable end.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually...mm was referencing what Ted said about rodgers and others.

I'm often reminded though ... of Ted Thompson, as most of you know, just a great general manager, passed away (earlier this year)," Murphy said, according to NBC 26 in Green Bay. "(Thompson) often talked about Aaron, that he's a ... and it wasn't just Aaron, a lot of different players. He would say, 'He's a complicated fella.' So, I'll just say that."

Do you literally not read what I wrote?

See above comments by numerous others and I at this point...it's not about the specific words "complicated fellow". it's about the fact that saying that or recounting that story about what old Ted used to say about Aaron. Is simply not productive in the current climate.

If he says this when things are going smooth you and. @Mondio are correct it's old news nobody cares etc. But when the president of the team says it when the current narrative is what it is, how can you not understand that is not the way you do things?

And I think is probably a big part of Rodgers overall problem with the corporate culture that Murphy instilled in GB after taking over for Bob Harlan in 2007...Prior to Murphy it was a family type atmosphere after Murphy all buisness. Rodgers got to see how it was and how it changed...

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except when the communication wasn't really the issue, but what was at stake is.

Yeah, Personally I believe AR is looking for reassurance that we'd let him finish his contract. But looks like we aren't willing to.

Anyway, I'm getting tired of this drama.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you literally not read what I wrote?

See above comments by numerous others and I at this point...it's not about the specific words "complicated fellow". it's about the fact that saying that or recounting that story about what old Ted used to say about Aaron. Is simply not productive in the current climate.

If he says this when things are going smooth you and. @Mondio are correct it's old news nobody cares etc. But when the president of the team says it when the current narrative is what it is, how can you not understand that is not the way you do things?

And I think is probably a big part of Rodgers overall problem with the corporate culture that Murphy instilled in GB after taking over for Bob Harlan in 2007...Prior to Murphy it was a family type atmosphere after Murphy all buisness. Rodgers got to see how it was and how it changed...
Did you not read my post??

why is it okay for rodgers to single out front office when mentioned who he loved. But mm tells a story its an issue?? You dont think MM and Gute heard that??

And like it or not, rodgers should be called out for that..or its okay because he is honest and is hurt???

As I stated ...both sides shouldnt say anything..
I never said mm was right...just related a story

MolineGeneseo12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thoughts?
Absolutely, plus GM, ARod after 16 yrs. deserves at least some input who the Packers draft. Especially offensively, let him work out some skill position players i.e receivers etc...accordingly Brady is given the courtesy of working out receivers and reporting back to HC Bruce Arians. Plus Brady is willing to restructure his contract for the good of the overall team. Rodgers may be more receptive to that. These are generational QB's, Packers GM's, Presidents come and go, Super Bowl wins are the end goal. Loyal Packer fans deserve that, after all they are the shareholders, wake up BOD, make the call they are charged with as Board members. Go Pack, go!

Packers Forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Scotch. But I agree with you on the rest.

Reaction score
Lots of mixed signals. The most recent one tells me that Murphy and his staff are not interested in placating Aaron Rodgers like some fans would.
Aaron is about to take an absolute bath on this contract both in the now and well into the future.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jason wilde just said on homer the truth that he doesn’t think aaron is upset by the complicated fella...

Speculated it was a joke and came off wrong

Also thinks that this proves rodgers point that they are hard to get along with

Last edited:

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jason wilde the just said on homer the truth that he doesn’t think aaron is upset by the complicated fella...

Speculated it was a joke and came off wrong

Also thinks that this proves rodgers point that they are hard to get along with
He shouldn't be upset by it because im sure he hears far worse "real" insults during meaningless preseason games. Gotta have skin thick as a redwood tree

Members online

Latest posts