Fire Mark Murphy?

D

Deleted member 6794

Lol, he is a complicated fellow, it’s not new news.

No, it's not but the president of an NFL team being in a stalement with their franchise quarterback should be smarter than to say something like that in public.

Especially considering that it was only last week that he proclaimed in his monthly column on the team's website that the less both sides say publicly the better.

Reaction score
Such drama BS on both sides.
How did we ever get this way?

Did you ever wonder maybe Rodgers is right about the operations
of this team?
No private owner with free wheeling stupid comments.

I think it's time to find a different pass-time this fall.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, it's not but the president of an NFL team being in a stalement with their franchise quarterback should be smarter than to say something like that in public.

Especially considering that it was only last week that he proclaimed in his monthly column on the team's website that the less both sides say publicly the better.
maybe, but once again, mountains will be made out of molehills. This is not news to anybody. but since we all knew it and somebody said it, even in a way that was really mostly pretty innocent, let's turn it into something and keep driving the stake. Makes perfect sense.

D

Deleted member 6794

maybe, but once again, mountains will be made out of molehills. This is not news to anybody. but since we all knew it and somebody said it, even in a way that was really mostly pretty innocent, let's turn it into something and keep driving the stake. Makes perfect sense.

While I agree it's not news to anyone what's the point of Murphy saying it in public??? It sure doesn't help resolving the issue at all. He should have just ****.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Still missing the point man...doesn't matter who the bastards Ken was referring to are. It's further illustrated by this "complicated fellow" comment....there's just no reason for it as a guy in his position. If you or I does it who cares but when the guy that's ultimately in charge does it...its puzzling to say the least as to what he could' be hoping to accomplish
Actually...mm was referencing what Ted said about rodgers and others.

I'm often reminded though ... of Ted Thompson, as most of you know, just a great general manager, passed away (earlier this year)," Murphy said, according to NBC 26 in Green Bay. "(Thompson) often talked about Aaron, that he's a ... and it wasn't just Aaron, a lot of different players. He would say, 'He's a complicated fella.' So, I'll just say that."

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Haha yeah your side vs my side right? We are on opposite sides of this debate correct...did you read my comment? I didn't say packer nation was on "my side" (Rodgers side) I actually said only within Packer nation is it split pretty evenly between people who wonder what Murphy is doing and people that say what you say...

I said amongst the national media, fans, and players most are among the "what is Murphy doing' crowd...
So how do you know my side? Cant i see both sides of the debate equally?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree it's not news to anyone what's the point of Murphy saying it in public??? It sure doesn't help resolving the issue at all. He should have just ****.
it could also tell people it's not just about Love or it's not just about money. Rodgers can sit and talk philosophy with the Dali Lama for weeks. He's got layers. it's not news.

D

Deleted member 6794

it could also tell people it's not just about Love or it's not just about money. Rodgers can sit and talk philosophy with the Dali Lama for weeks. He's got layers. it's not news.

Once again, I'm not claiming it's any news. But you can be sure that Rodgers didn't like the comment and Murphy should have known it.

If Murphy is interested in solving the issue with Rodgers it definitely didn't help matters and he should have kept quiet about it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe, maybe he doesn't care. It can easily be a message to all the Rodgers haters that it's not as simple as he's making enough money and he should be happy. It could be that. It's all how you choose to interpret it. It could also just be a meaningless benign comment a predecessor made that applies to this situation. It's complicated. But people will be sure to make it into something. They have to.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Murphy doesn't care about the situation he should be removed immediately.
i was talking about Rodgers, maybe he doesn't care about the statement. I doubt he does. If he does, then I agree, remove him immediately because he is just too damn sensitive :)

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Complicated fella? Yes. But Mark Murphy is both right AND an idiot.

Packers management needs to shut the hell up other than to say, "We want Aaron back as our QB."

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Complicated fella? Yes. But Mark Murphy is both right AND an idiot.

Packers management needs to shut the hell up other than to say, "We want Aaron back as our QB."

While I agree with your feelings about shutting the hell up, Aaron should not be able to dictate to the organisation. NOBODY should be allowed to do that. If he`d won six superbowls maybe, but he hasn`t

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess it's better to be called complicated than a simpleton, but yeah in this context not a compliment.
Maybe it says something as to how bad things really are that Murphy actually said this.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So rodgers never mentions the front office when he says who he loves..Hmmmmm..Gute and Mark knows he said it.

But Murphy cant relay a comment Ted said?

It goes both ways. Both sides need to shut up
Good point. I suppose there might be a higher standard when it comes to management, Rodgers already had a reputation as being prickly, but still.

All these hard feelings feel so much like the battle between Favre and the front office.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point. I suppose there might be a higher standard when it comes to management, Rodgers already had a reputation as being prickly, but still.

All these hard feelings feel so much like the battle between Favre and the front office.
Unironically, Favre's main beef was with Murphy too

Members online

Latest posts