Fire Mark Murphy?

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't completely disagree with you here. Rodgers has had opportunities to throw the team on his back and take them to the big game, but he didn't get it done. I don't blame that all on him, and those opportunities are few and far between, but he didn't get it done.

But Brady has had all kinds of help getting those six rings, the kind of help Rodgers has not had at all (except in 2010). Belichick is a defensive genius, and when Brady went to Tampa Bay he walked into another great defense, a defense that could shut down Mahomes and KC. And GB. And Tampa signed who Brady asked them to. Meanwhile, Rodgers was stuck with McCarthy, Capers, and failing defenses. You can't compare them because they haven't had the same opportunities.
Maybe AR hasn't had everything that Brady has. I'll agree with that. Like it or not, Green Bay isn't a dream destination for most of these prima donnas that play in the NFL. That's one problem. Another problem from different sources, to know AR, is to dislike AR. Saying that he is complicated is, in my opinion, kind. He thrives on controversy, yet he acts flippant. He digs the attention, yet he says leave me alone. He manipulates and uses people around him to make them look bad. Everything is someone else fault. He's the guy that puts crap in the punch, then sneaks out the backdoor. "It wasn't me!" Yeah, it was. The act is old. The smirk is old. I wish Lombardi was around to take him to the woodshed and whip his ***. Nothing but an embarrassment.

Reaction score
I feel Rodgers wants out of football at the height of winning MVP, and will pull a Barry Sanders while taking down the Packers front office while everyone guesses what's next.

Do we know if they offered him the full time host on Jeopardy game show for sure??

BTW....M. Murphy himself DID NOT say Rodgers was a "complicated fellow" in his own words, he was quoting T. Thompson.

Last edited:

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blame MMurphy all y ou want, i've been as big of supporter of Arodgers from the start as anyone, but he did go 0-3 from the 8 and a chance to tie the game. It's not like he hasn't had chances to be great. and it's not like he's done it on his own either.
He also went 0-3 inside the 10 in the first half. It's been a long time since he was great in the playoffs. There was the Arizona game in 2009 and the games against Atlanta and Pittsburgh in 2010. Hasn't really had any truly great playoff games since then.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forgive me if I missed it, but where has Rodgers appeared not to like MLF's coaching? From my understanding it's the FO and Murphy that he's upset with, not MLF.
That's my understanding as well. I'm just saying if he likes MLF and the team so much, why is he holding out? So he doesn't like the front office. How often does he have to interact with them? Does he have to have coffee with them every morning? I just think if he believed that much in MLF's plan, he wouldn't be able to wait to get back to it.

Blame MMurphy all y ou want, i've been as big of supporter of Arodgers from the start as anyone, but he did go 0-3 from the 8 and a chance to tie the game. It's not like he hasn't had chances to be great.
And he sort of blamed others for that failed series also. Like on Jeopardy when he gave so much love to that guy who wrote "Who wanted to kick that field goal". I think he had said earlier also, that he thought they were in four down territory. So he did cast some shade on MLF's coaching decision there.

To be honest, I wasn't so happy with it either. But I thought he should have run for it on third down. I thought he had a chance to get in the corner (I know others vehemently deny this). But even if he had just got it a little closer, maybe MLF would have gone for it on fourth down.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He also went 0-3 inside the 10 in the first half

And 1 of those 3 was the dropped td by Davante Adams...I still put the loss largely on Rodgers because when it mattered most late in the game the offense sputtered

Reaction score
There was the Arizona game in 2009 and the games against Atlanta and Pittsburgh in 2010. Hasn't really had any truly great playoff games since then.
You’re right. Of course it aligns with the limited resources we’ve given him over 14 drafts and FA periods.

Reaction score
But I thought he should have run for it on third down. I thought he had a chance to get in the corner (I know others vehemently deny this). But even if he had just got it a little closer, maybe MLF would have gone for it on fourth down.
One logical explanation was the clock. I do understand they were trying to allow themselves an opportunity for 2 possessions. But they had a TO and 2 minute warning also. They also had Dillon who was literally carrying Tampa LBs on his back for 6 yards a carry. I get why they abandoned him when down by 3 scores, but getting a 1st and 8 down by 8 would’ve been ideal to get Dillon an outside play toward the sideline with an option to turn it upfield if he thinks he can make the goal line. Also I would’ve considered using Dillon right way again as my setup for 2 points… but play faked and rolled opposite.
I would’ve rather left Tampa at their own 1-2 yard line trying to score (you also get a clock stop instantly on a scoring play OR on Change of downs and we kissed away a TO inadvertently). with 2min + a TO than give the ball to Tom Brady. Never give the ball to Brady with him needing 1 1St down to win.
Damn that Mark Murphy!:coffee: (Sorry folks I’m just trying to get ‘er back on topic)

Last edited:

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt he wants to retire considering he's repeatedly said he wants to play til he's 45
That means nothing. I've had 5 jobs in my life where I swore I would stay for 20+ years, and then a year later my mind changes even though I was making excellent money.

Reaction score
That means nothing. I've had 5 jobs in my life where I swore I would stay for 20+ years, and then a year later my mind changes even though I was making excellent money.
I was just thinking that same thing. Then ya throw 1 pretty girl in the mix and maybe a marriage and baby carriage and… watch out Mark Murphy! :eek:

D

Deleted member 6794

I bet Picket, Woodson, Collins, Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Cobb, Lacy, Finley, Sitton, Lang, BakhT, Linsley, Bulaga, Smith, Smith, Shields, Burnett, Peppers, Tramon, your favorite Crosby, etc all had something to do with it as well. Rodgers is good, he didn't do it alone. he also went 0-3 from the 8 in the championship game with a chance to tie it up. So,...

Nobody suggested Rodgers is the only reason the team has been successful but there's no doubt he's the biggest one.

I have spent the last 45 minutes reading all your comments and while some are valid, most seem like the writer just likes to hear themselves talk. You know who you are. I cannot stand Tom Brady. I think Tom Brady is incredibly fake. He also has won 6 SB's. To compare #12 to the REAL #12 is so disrespectful to Tom Brady. Please stop with the "Brady gets this", "Brady gets that". He has earned that respect. #12 in GB, not so much. He has 1 SB. So does Trent Dilfer. AR has won MVP's. AR has all the stats. AR is a great player. They are all individual stats. That's the way AR wants it. It's all about him. He wants out. So get the hell out! Quit talking about it! Do it!

For the record, Brady has won seven Super Bowls. He never won one with a team not having at least a defense within the top 8 in points allowed.

Rodgers has only benefitted from having such a unit twice in his career, the last time being in 2010.

He wouldn't fake an injury. He will take the year off and we will get an endless stream of stories about how he is relaxing off the coast of Switzerland, swimming with with the Dalai Lama and coelacanths while contemplating the meaning of life while his wife quips that it is nice her husband isn't playing the sportsball, while tweeting ever increasing passive aggressive quips.

Just to clarify, Switzerland doesn't have a coast ;)

While I never thought the Titletown development detracted from the team, I'm beginning to wonder if his critics are correct and that Murphy really cares more about making money than winning Super Bowls. When I go to Lambeau, I want to watch elite football and see the Packers kick a**. Could care less about anything else. Maybe that makes me a fossil but I think Murphy should be judged by how the FO handles the Rodgers situation, not by how many ways they can get fans to spend money. Murphy shouldn't be fired yet but I think his tenure should be on a very short thread at this point.

Murphy has been great at creating much needed local revenue for the Packers. He shouldn't be involved in football decisions though.

He also went 0-3 inside the 10 in the first half. It's been a long time since he was great in the playoffs. There was the Arizona game in 2009 and the games against Atlanta and Pittsburgh in 2010. Hasn't really had any truly great playoff games since then.

Rodgers has a passer rating of 99.2 in playoff games after winning the Super Bowl. Brady is below that at 93.3 over the same period but has won four Super Bowls.

And 1 of those 3 was the dropped td by Davante Adams...I still put the loss largely on Rodgers because when it mattered most late in the game the offense sputtered

I don't know how anyone can mostly blame Rodgers for the loss after watching that game.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can mostly blame Rodgers for the loss after watching that game.

Because much like if the Bucks don't win game 7 Gianis will largely be to blame...superstars in my eyes have to rise up and seize victory from the jaws of defeat...that's why they're superstars that's what made Michael Jordan... Michael Jordan that determination and refusal to lose when it mattered most

And Rodgers when it mattered most couldn't score...now the choice to not go for it, kinda complicates things because the chance to tie it up was taken out of his hands

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because much like if the Bucks don't win game 7 Gianis will largely be to blame...superstars in my eyes have to rise up and seize victory from the jaws of defeat...that's why they're superstars that's what made Michael Jordan... Michael Jordan that determination and refusal to lose when it mattered most

And Rodgers when it mattered most couldn't score...now the choice to not go for it, kinda complicates things because the chance to tie it up was taken out of his hands
You realize that Jordan had some really good players on his teams. He was definitely the superstar but he didn't do it by himself.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There's the rub. If AR wants to be considered the GOAT, he DEMANDS that his team go for it. Just another example of him leaving himself an out. No doubt in my mind. Any QB with any guts and balls would have demanded that. How else can it be explained?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that's what made Michael JordaMichael Jordan that determination and refusal to lose when it mattered most

Except for all those years he just didn’t care according to your logic… cause he played more than six seasons in the NBA if i recall correctly

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Rodgers when it mattered most couldn't score.

It's interesting that Rodgers had the better passer rating in that game, but Brady had the better QBR. I tend to think QBR is just a BS ESPN stat, but like you say: When Brady threw three interceptions, Rodgers couldn't get it done.

There's the rub. If AR wants to be considered the GOAT, he DEMANDS that his team go for it. Just another example of him leaving himself an out. No doubt in my mind. Any QB with any guts and balls would have demanded that. How else can it be explained?
Interesting thought. Plays into Rodgers rep for being passive aggressive. When they field goal unit gets called in, he's more likely to stew about it than go argue it.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe AR hasn't had everything that Brady has. I'll agree with that. Like it or not, Green Bay isn't a dream destination for most of these prima donnas that play in the NFL. That's one problem. Another problem from different sources, to know AR, is to dislike AR. Saying that he is complicated is, in my opinion, kind. He thrives on controversy, yet he acts flippant. He digs the attention, yet he says leave me alone. He manipulates and uses people around him to make them look bad. Everything is someone else fault. He's the guy that puts crap in the punch, then sneaks out the backdoor. "It wasn't me!" Yeah, it was. The act is old. The smirk is old. I wish Lombardi was around to take him to the woodshed and whip his ***. Nothing but an embarrassment.
Most of what you said I totally agree with except dream destination for players....this IS the CROWN JEWEL of the NFL - A good simile is the Montreal Canadiens of the NHL. But you illustrate a good point in that players today don't care about the organizations they play for, and that is due to all of the ***** these clubs have gotten away with through the years with the sometimes slimy way they go about their business in the respect of player treatment and making sure that the players when done are taken care of. See Mike Webster. That is an embarrassment as well.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LOL! Rodgers screaming at his coach to nut up would certainly be taken as him being a great QB and not as him hating his coach.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recall Brady and Manning doing that.
True, and I would see it as competitive fire. But Rodgers tends to draw a lot of bad press, I'm sure a certain group would be presenting him in a bad light.

If he demanded they go for it, and they didn't make it, he'd take some criticism for sure. I tend to respect aggressive choices, even if they don't work out. As long as they're not stupid.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts