Joe Whitt / Winston Moss FIRED - merged threads

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't this imply that there are folks here who watch Cowherd's show? For real? :)
i watch pft, dan patrick, and rich eisen in the mornings. sometimes eisen's show isn't that interesting so i'll watch cowherd. some of his takes i like, some i don't. his guests are mostly good. he's got his whippin-boys and rodgers is one of them. it's not a bad show...taken with a grain of salt. didn't watch this morning but saw the clip. he wasn't hearing what he wanted to hear but moss hung in there. would like to hear more from moss when he's given more time to speak.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't this imply that there are folks here who watch Cowherd's show? For real? :)
I watch Cowherd. Also First Things First, Undisputed, Get Up, First Take, Speak for Yourself, Will Cain, or whatever else is on. Mind you, I don't sit there in rapt attention. I'm home during the day, and I put the sports shows on as background noise. Obviously if they start to talk about the Packers it usually gets my attention. Especially since I live in Indiana and we don't get local Packers coverage. I don't agree with everything Cowherd says - I don't agree with everything ANY of them says. Like gbgary says, you have to take it all with a grain of salt.

I do agree with one thing, there is something about Cowherd that makes you kind of want to punch him in the face. He's got like a constant smirk or something that you want to wipe off. That aside, I don't think he's any worse than any of the others. Skip Bayless is the worst.

i watch pft, dan patrick, and rich eisen in the mornings. sometimes eisen's show isn't that interesting so i'll watch cowherd. some of his takes i like, some i don't. his guests are mostly good. he's got his whippin-boys and rodgers is one of them. it's not a bad show...taken with a grain of salt. didn't watch this morning but saw the clip. he wasn't hearing what he wanted to hear but moss hung in there. would like to hear more from moss when he's given more time to speak.
This year Rodgers is a whipping boy, but even today he said Rodgers is "great". His main issue with Rodgers seems to be that he isn't a gregarious type like Tom Brady - or as Winston Moss put it, he's not a "rah rah" guy. Like Moss said, if Rodgers isn't that guy, then someone else needs to step up and fill that role. If you really need one. But it IS true, Rodgers isn't the friendly people pleasing type. Doesn't bother me any. There's a saying "Winning cures everything". If the Packers were looking good, Cowherd would be singing Rodgers praises again. But they're not. All last year he said Rodgers (and Brady) were like deodorants that covered over a team's fault. Not this year apparently.

The other thing that drives me nuts about Cowherd (and it may just be his staff) is they keep putting up a little sign saying "Should Aaron Rodgers move on from Green Bay?". That's not even an option, why do they keep putting that up there?

Winston Moss is the slowest talking guest I have ever seen on a sports show. I felt like what he wanted to say was going to be interesting, it just took him forever to say it. Cowherd tried to move him along, but he wasn't having it. I got the impression that they were supposed to cover a lot more ground, but they just never got to it.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winston Moss is the slowest talking guest I have ever seen on a sports show. I felt like what he wanted to say was going to be interesting, it just took him forever to say it. Cowherd tried to move him along, but he wasn't having it. I got the impression that they were supposed to cover a lot more ground, but they just never got to it.

To me it looked like he was trying to choose his words carefully. To the best of my knowledge I haven't seen him on any of the main sports networks for interviews like that before so he's probably not used to their pace of show. I was surprised to see him laughing and smiling and giving some tidbits on that show after what he pulled in training camp.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I do agree with one thing, there is something about Cowherd that makes you kind of want to punch him in the face. He's got like a constant smirk or something that you want to wipe off.
Kind of? You have more self control than me ;) If I happen to listen to Cowturd, I prefer his face on Radio.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another thread reminded me of something else Cowherd said, a week or two ago:
If you're the GOAT, you have to show me, either in wins, Super Bowl trophies, or stats.
Obviously Brady has the trophies, and the wins.
He then started listing some stats, most of which were held by Drew Brees.

It struck me that he didn't mention career passer rating or TD-INT ration, which were the main records that Rodgers has been holding.
However, they said tonight on Monday Night Football that Russel Wilson now holds the #1 all time career passer rating with 103.3, so if they are correct he's lost that (at least for now).
About all Rodgers has going for him now is what some people (like Stephen A Smith) use: the eye check. "To my eyes, he is the most talented thrower of the ball".
I like Rodgers, but at this point I have to say that the argument for him being the GOAT is weak.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best thing about the Moss interview was that he flat out blatantly said he doesn’t think McDaniels would be a good head coach for us. It’s rare for a coach/former coach to be so transparent in the media with their opinion of another coaches ability to perform a job.

And he's right. We already got one rodeo clown here with Whitt. McDaniels is a rodeo clown on steroids.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now I have the UTMOST respect for him. Dude DESTROYED Skip today and all his arguments he made in the past regarding Rodgers! A damn shame we released him over something like this.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Says a lot to me that he's still referring to the packers as "we" and it still sounds like he has a lot of passion for GB. hope he wasn't fired based solely on the tweet.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Says a lot to me that he's still referring to the packers as "we" and it still sounds like he has a lot of passion for GB. hope he wasn't fired based solely on the tweet.
I could be wrong, but he was probably on his way out with a lot of the other coaches at the end of the season, this was just an easy way for Murph to make a point about coaches and social media.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now I have the UTMOST respect for him. Dude DESTROYED Skip today and all his arguments he made in the past regarding Rodgers! A damn shame we released him over something like this.
here’s a link...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you're hearing what you want to hear. Of course back ups should be ready to go. at the same time, having 3,4,5 back ups on the field is going to result in a pretty dramatic drop off in play regardless of the coach or team. It's going to be magnified more when the OLB position is weak and even more when the starters you do have, are only in their 1st year or 2. I'd like to see one team in the past 10 years that has had marginal pass rush and the youth or constant turnover in the 2ndary GB has had in the past 3-4 years that has had a good defensive backfield ranking. I still don't know who half the guys are playing for us back there anymore.

It's entirely different to plug in a back up safety for 3, 4 games with established vets around them over putting in your 5th safety in the past 3 weeks as a starter. and you've named Eddie Jackson, who is playing on a defense loaded with talent and all healthy and another player on another team with again, a loaded and established defensive roster. and that same viking roster missing 1 guy off the line and an injury to 1 or 2 DB's they went from 20something points a game to like 35+. that's 2 players on 2 different teams. They're examples of good coaching, but Sam Shields just doesn't cut it? I'd take shields before either of those guys too.

I think Randall was coached well, I think Rollins was coached well, I think Jackson is, I think Alexander is, I think King is. So was Tramon earlier in his stint here, just as he is now. But since they've either had a bad attitude, been injured or are clearly talented, they don't count? Tramon, Healthy King, Alexander and Jackson and this secondary looked pretty good earlier this year. that's not too shabby with 1 aging vet and 3 basically 1st year players. and they had what, 2,3 games together? You don't want to admit it, but they haven't had much of a chance either.

You think Jackson having a bad play or 2 in recent weeks is regression from coaching, but nothing to do with the loss of how many DB's and safeties in the past month? You could probably field a complete dime package with the players that have come and gone already in 1 season from this team and outside of Whitehead and Trading Dix, none were because they couldn't play. They were hurt.
“Tramon, Healthy King, Alexander and Jackson and this secondary looked pretty good earlier this year.”

Very good point, and how different than years past? I don’t have a problem with this secondary or how they’re being coached. The only concern I have is King and his injury history. And it’s been a long time since I could say I was ok with the Packers’ DBs. Safeties? Still need a lot of help here.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bayless (talking about Rodgers) actually said "I'm a fan". What a steaming pile of BS. Then he pointed to Shannon Sharpe and said "He's a superfan".

Winston Moss has some piercing eyes on him, he looks like he could look right through you. There's some intensity in there.
By the way, yesterday on Cowherd he said we should have signed Khalil Mack.

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This thread is item one on the LaFleur agenda.

Send Whitt, Zook and Lovat packing.

Let Pettine control the defensive staff and fill it with all his guys.

And tell Gute he wants a guy with a better resume on strength and conditioning

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but with Pettine being retained and the news of TE coach Brian Angelichio being retained, I'm no longer confident that we are going to see Whitt gone. :eek:

If he isn't, I hope he proves you, I and some other posters to be really wrong about him!

Now Zook.....unless he has compromising pictures of someone high up in the organization, I really cannot see him being retained.

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can only hope Pettine speaks out about having Whitt forced on him and tells Gute he's sick of his coverage techniques.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pettine now probably has more say in who his staff is.

I would imagine MLF will be logging in soon to figure out what he needs to do, so here goes:

Fire Witt and Zook. And take a look at the strength and conditioning guys.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I would imagine MLF will be logging in soon to figure out what he needs to do, so here goes:

He has logged long time ago

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Was this a clue?

"Long time"

As in "LongTimeFan"?????

If so, and you are LeFluer, can I get some box seat tix after Rodell failed to pull it off? I need 4. Thanks!

Glad you haven't forgotten me buddy!

I know a guy, who knows a guy that knew a guy...I may be able to call in a favor or two and get us a couple of Las Vegas Locomotives seat cushions!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Is it wrong my mind only sees **** when I read this?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad you haven't forgotten me buddy!

I know a guy, who knows a guy that knew a guy...I may be able to call in a favor or two and get us a couple of Las Vegas Locomotives seat cushions!
Oh. Ummm. Sure. If Jessica Alba cant make it, you're in!

Is it wrong my mind only sees **** when I read this?
no issue at all. We Amish use it all the time. My grandmother taught me. ****: Milk Is Life Fluid. It's a life philosophy we follow.

Last edited: