Fire Capers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just went back and read some of the posts at the beginning of this thread from 5 years ago, and it’s the same things that are still going wrong today. “Why is dom still coaching here” is turning into one of the greatest unanswered questions of mankind.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just went back and read some of the posts at the beginning of this thread from 5 years ago, and it’s the same things that are still going wrong today. “Why is dom still coaching here” is turning into one of the greatest unanswered questions of mankind.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does constant complaining about the same thing over and over and over again in multiple threads make people feel better?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Does constant complaining about the same thing over and over and over again in multiple threads make people feel better?
I would like to point out that this thread is "1" thread that's 5 years old. And I still see the same things happening on the defense that I did 5 years ago. I really think that the Packers need to change Capers out. Think about this, how many DC since 2005 have been interviewed for Head coaching jobs? Now, how many times has Capers been interviewed? Good coordinators don't usually stick around for 8 years. Since Capers came to the Packers the defense has averaged 14th in point per game given up and 15th in yards. But that includes his first two years with the Packers. Since 2011, they have averaged 17th and 19th respectively in those two categories.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to point out that this thread is "1" thread that's 5 years old. And I still see the same things happening on the defense that I did 5 years ago. I really think that the Packers need to change Capers out. Think about this, how many DC since 2005 have been interviewed for Head coaching jobs? Now, how many times has Capers been interviewed? Good coordinators don't usually stick around for 8 years. Since Capers came to the Packers the defense has averaged 14th in point per game given up and 15th in yards. But that includes his first two years with the Packers. Since 2011, they have averaged 17th and 19th respectively in those two categories.
Raptorman,I couldn't have said it better. Personnel changes,yet we complain about the same glaring problems. He needs to be gone. Endless soft spots in our zone,and miscommunications on the back end. If the players are that bad,then dumb it down a little bit for them. It's obvious Dom's extravagant schemes only confuse his own players not the opposing team's players.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

When your defense is no better than middle of the road and usually not that good for 6 years straight, it's more than just a complaint.

I get that the defense hasn't been good and my last post wasn't even defending Capers.

I just don't understand the desire to constantly complain about it.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I get that the defense hasn't been good and my last post wasn't even defending Capers.

But constantly excusing it is so much better.

Noted.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Noted.

I don't think Carl is disagreeing with you. I think what he's saying is since absolutely nothing can be done about it mid-season, what's the point of endlessly harping on it?

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Noted.
I don't think Carl is disagreeing with you. I think what he's saying is since absolutely nothing can be done about it mid-season, what's the point of endlessly harping on it?

I wasn't excusing Capers.

I honestly just wondering if constantly complaining about the same thing over and over makes people feel better since I cant think of another reason for it.

H

HardRightEdge

And you, Mr. McCarthy, are uniquely qualified to answer it!

I know, I know, Ted wouldn't let you.

H

HardRightEdge

It's how viral protests emerge! Packer Spring! Occupy Lambeau! Cheeseheads Matter!

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't excusing Capers.

I honestly just wondering if constantly complaining about the same thing over and over makes people feel better since I cant think of another reason for it.

I mean, yeah sort of? 109 pages doesn't lie, don't you think?

Personally I think surrounding Dom's house with a crowd carrying torches and pitchforks demanding his resignation would be more satisfying.

But there are a lot of logistical hurdles and probably some legal hurdles there. So this will have to do.

OP
OP
A

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we finally may get to see this clown fired. No more Rodgers to bail out this team and terrible defense.

annuvin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capers has done precious little to impress me during his tenure in Green Bay. The defense lacks too many basic skills and gives up far too many key plays for me to begin to understand what all the hype was supposed to be about. He may have been a defensive genius on other teams, but he has proven to be about as far as you can get from one here.

Probably because 8 years in, he is still the #1 reason the defense sucks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts