Finley taking shot at Aaron?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess Captain has a different view of the Pats O line, stating that last year the Pats had a "terrible pass blocking unit". I don't have that much time to review stats. You would think the Pats probably had a pretty good O line, especially in a SB championship year but what the heck do I know?!

They were solid last year. Not to the level they have in years past. But if your using a year or two of less then stellar play or higher then the average then the Patriots have had a few years of quality WR play also but generally his Oline has been strong

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were solid last year. Not to the level they have in years past. But if your using a year or two of less then stellar play or higher then the average then the Patriots have had a few years of quality WR play also but generally his Oline has been strong
That makes a lot more sense to me, especially considering Brady is a pocket passer. Saying that the unit was "terrible" on pass blocking doesn't add up considering Brady's performance. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 6794

That makes a lot more sense to me, especially considering Brady is a pocket passer. Saying that the unit was "terrible" on pass blocking doesn't add up considering Brady's performance. Thanks.

While that maybe doesn't add up with Brady's performance here's some info about the Patriots offensive line performance during last season. PFF had them ranked 29th in pass blocking. It took opponents only an average of 2.92 seconds to sack Brady (second worst number in the league) but he made the OL look way better by getting rid of the ball extremely fast (2.39 seconds, only Peyton was quicker throwing the ball). Yet only four teams allowed more sacks and QB hits combined. Overall I think my statement that the Pats OL was a terrible pass blocking unit in 2014 is pretty accurate.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
He tweeted that only hours after the initial post:

@JermichaelF88: EVERYONE!! I worded poorly, meant to say, you'll now see how good @AaronRodgers12 is. Prayers to @JordyRNelson. R E L A X

I think some people want to make a story out of nothing here.

I agree. Fact is though that Finley has a knack for "tweet fails". Twitter in the wrong hands can be a volatile thing. :) Chris Havel commented that Finley should re-read his tweets 5 times before sending ... and even THEN should hit delete. That made me laugh. I don't think that Finley was being malicious. When he was here he was a community involved "good guy" ... one of the "good guys" if you know what I mean. I'll give him a pass on this one but recommend that he deactivate his Twitter account....where is his wife when you need her? ;)

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just makes one realize what an incredible QB Brady is. Makes the cheating even more dumbfounding...

Well, the cheating and his incredible (or discreditable) performances may well be related. I'd like to see the thing go to court and listen to the testimony of "the deflator", who has been fired for not (according to the Patriots) letting air out of the footballs.

Members online

Latest posts