Finley taking shot at Aaron?

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think 88 is missing the spotlight that comes from playing in the league and this is a way to keep a touch of that light on him. Any person that questions the greatness of 12 is just plain stupid. That isn't homer talk rather real talk. If he can continue his level of play and win at least one more title (2 more would be ideal) he will without a doubt be in the GOAT conversation come careers end. I think the comments intent was a bit misconstrued but even if it wasn't a straight right it was certainly a stiff jab.

D

Deleted member 6794

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He tweeted that only hours after the initial post:

@JermichaelF88: EVERYONE!! I worded poorly, meant to say, you'll now see how good @AaronRodgers12 is. Prayers to @JordyRNelson. R E L A X

I think some people want to make a story out of nothing here.

Or, Finley is in damage control. His statement may have been "worded poorly", but his interview was clear "...I just feel like the receiving corps doesn’t get enough credit."

He ought to call Jennings for his take.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or, Finley is in damage control. His statement may have been "worded poorly", but his interview was clear "...I just feel like the receiving corps doesn’t get enough credit."

He ought to call Jennings for his take.

And you feel they do? Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of Packers fans who think Nelson and Cobb are great receivers but I think the numbers of Packer fans who think the WR position is plug and play because of Rodgers is higher. To many it doesn't matter who we put in at WR. As long as AR is throwing them the ball they will be great. IMO that is not giving the receivers enough credit and I have a tendency to agree with Finley on that.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's true that a lot of times WR's don't get the credit they deserve, but I haven't heard a lot of people not give credit to Nelson and his amazing ability to run past guys and make those stretching sideline catches or snag those back shoulder bullets. Or give credit to Finley and his great athleticism, though he often wasn't on the field, or Cobb, or give credit to Driver, Jones, Jennings, etc. QB's always get most of the blame and most of the credit, right or wrong. I have to believe most professionals can handle that professionally.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's true that a lot of times WR's don't get the credit they deserve, but I haven't heard a lot of people not give credit to Nelson and his amazing ability to run past guys and make those stretching sideline catches or snag those back shoulder bullets.

Nelson gets hardly mentioned when "experts" talk about elite receivers so I guess it's a valid point the Packers pass catchers don't get enough credit.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson gets hardly mentioned when "experts" talk about elite receivers so I guess it's a valid point the Packers pass catchers don't get enough credit.
Do I really need to copy paste and link all the articles that have Jordy's name and the word "elite" in them?? Come on. QB's always get more credit. They always have and always will. People act like our WR's are just whipping boys with no love. Give me a break. less than 2 tenths of a second search would give you pages of articles talking about how good Jordy Nelson is and mention numerous times as elite, top 5, top 10, one of the best in the game, etc.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers made a lot of guys like Quarless, Boykin, White, and Bostick look a lot better in 2013 when Cobb, Jones, and Finley were out. Finely has never had the ability to keep stupid things from barfing out of his mouth.

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always thought Jennings was a great receiver, then he disappeared in Minnesota. Jordy is a great receiver as well, but he is fortunate to play in an offense that ranks as one of the top 6 efficient passing attacks OF ALL TIME.

Here's an interesting article ranking receivers by adjusted net yards/attempt which factors in the team passing efficiency. Jordy plays in the no. 6 ranked efficient passing attack of all time--just below Don Hutson, who happened to play with another HOF QB. http://www.footballperspective.com/which-wide-receivers-played-for-the-most-efficient-passing-teams/

Interesting that Favre's offenses included Driver at no. 78, and Sharpe at no. 94 in the top 100 efficient passing attacks. No receiver to this point that played for a team with a passing efficiency ranked below no. 83 is currently in the HOF.

You get rankings on efficiency like those with a QB that delivers the ball accurately to EVERY receiver--not just the great ones.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i still think Jennings was a great receiver. He was so smooth, pretty good hands and just seemed to glide by people with the ball in his hands. He had nobody throwing him the ball in MN. Maybe that doesn't make him the best WR in the league, but I think his skills were largely wasted in MN

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think its more the Packers fans who don't give them the credit than the "experts" I think Nelson and Cobb get plenty of love from the national press. Its a lot of the fans who don't think its a big deal to replace our WRs because we have Rodgers.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy, Cobb and a number of Packer wideouts have all had or still have great talent. But look at what Tom Brady has done with the revolving door of wideouts in NE. ARod now has a chance to prove that he really is the man. Well no he doesn't need to prove anything. But when you take away Brady's cheating and lying, you still have a guy that always found a way to win. And he didn't do all of that by cheating. Edelman and LeFell? Gimme a break. If Brady can win with guys like that, ARod, who has more talent and doesn't cheat and lie, can and will do the same. Jordy will be missed. But you can hardly call the rest of the wideouts chopped liver. No one should be using Jordy's injury as an excuse for anything less than a SB 50 win for GB.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy, Cobb and a number of Packer wideouts have all had or still have great talent. But look at what Tom Brady has done with the revolving door of wideouts in NE. ARod now has a chance to prove that he really is the man. Well no he doesn't need to prove anything. But when you take away Brady's cheating and lying, you still have a guy that always found a way to win. And he didn't do all of that by cheating. Edelman and LeFell? Gimme a break. If Brady can win with guys like that, ARod, who has more talent and doesn't cheat and lie, can and will do the same. Jordy will be missed. But you can hardly call the rest of the wideouts chopped liver. No one should be using Jordy's injury as an excuse for anything less than a SB 50 win for GB.

I agree that nobody should be using Jordy's injury as an excuse but it's worth pointing out that while Brady has had an almost revolving door at WR that team did boast one of the absolute best Olines in the business the years he was doing it while having absolute monsters at the TE position, both figuratively and literally, which are things that Rodgers has never really had up untill last year's Oline and "maybe" like half a season of Finley. It's a give n take. You can point out disparities with every great QB and say "well he didn't have this or that" while the other side could say the same

D

Deleted member 6794

Do I really need to copy paste and link all the articles that have Jordy's name and the word "elite" in them?? Come on. QB's always get more credit. They always have and always will. People act like our WR's are just whipping boys with no love. Give me a break. less than 2 tenths of a second search would give you pages of articles talking about how good Jordy Nelson is and mention numerous times as elite, top 5, top 10, one of the best in the game, etc.

I think its more the Packers fans who don't give them the credit than the "experts" I think Nelson and Cobb get plenty of love from the national press. Its a lot of the fans who don't think its a big deal to replace our WRs because we have Rodgers.

While the perception about Nelson changed quite a lot after last season he was never ranked within the top 10 of wide receivers in the NFL Network´s top 100 list before that. I´m fully aware that this list isn´t perfect by any means but in this case it actually supports my claim.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that nobody should be using Jordy's injury as an excuse but it's worth pointing out that while Brady has had an almost revolving door at WR that team did boast one of the absolute best Olines in the business the years he was doing it while having absolute monsters at the TE position, both figuratively and literally, which are things that Rodgers has never really had up untill last year's Oline and "maybe" like half a season of Finley. It's a give n take. You can point out disparities with every great QB and say "well he didn't have this or that" while the other side could say the same
That's an excellent point about Brady. It seems he has always been blessed with incredible O lines. He's best as a pocket passer, and that only works if you have time. In fact as good as the GB O line was last year and hopefully this year, I still think Brady was supported by probably the best O lines in the NFL. Thanks for pointing that out.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the perception about Nelson changed quite a lot after last season he was never ranked within the top 10 of wide receivers in the NFL Network´s top 100 list before that. I´m fully aware that this list isn´t perfect by any means but in this case it actually supports my claim.
Yeah I mean this is totally subjective, but it seems that when the press does report on GB, it's mostly focused on Rodgers. For Jordy, that started to change last year. You simply couldn't downplay a guy with that much talent - in many cases game-changing talent. But if anything, it seems I heard more from the press about Cobb. Again this is not scientific. At any rate, they are both very talented. Yes Rodgers makes them and other receivers look good with the accuracy of his throws. And especially in the case of Jordy and Cobb, they help Rodgers look good as well.

D

Deleted member 6794

That's an excellent point about Brady. It seems he has always been blessed with incredible O lines. He's best as a pocket passer, and that only works if you have time. In fact as good as the GB O line was last year and hopefully this year, I still think Brady was supported by probably the best O lines in the NFL. Thanks for pointing that out.

The Patriots offensive line was a terrible pass blocking unit last season and mostly only good to average over the last few years.

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all know how good Aaron Rodgers is......the best in the NFL ! Just look how Jennings productivity declined on the Vikings. That's why Cobb refused five higher offers to stay with the Packers......The best QB and a Super Bowl contending team.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Patriots offensive line was a terrible pass blocking unit last season and mostly only good to average over the last few years.
Interesting that conflicts with another post but I'll take your word for it. Just makes one realize what an incredible QB Brady is. Makes the cheating even more dumbfounding because he clearly is one of the best to play the position. Anyway thanks for the update on the Pats O line. Got to give Brady more credit after all!

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess Captain has a different view of the Pats O line, stating that last year the Pats had a "terrible pass blocking unit". I don't have that much time to review stats. You would think the Pats probably had a pretty good O line, especially in a SB championship year but what the heck do I know?!

Members online

Latest posts