Finely hearing the sarcasim from fans?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I was at the game and he had one good catch near sidelines at one point and the stadium really erupted with cheers and claps. We were tired of his drops and such so showed how happy that he caught one ball..

On way back to huddle he did the waving of his arms to quiet the crowd a q/b usually does when coming to the line..

So is he really getting it and how we are unhappy with him?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
More like "Yes, I'm awesome, but were in the middle of a game and I need to hear my route. You can cheer for me later."

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I have been sick of his crap for a LONG time now. He got that decent contrat, START PRODUCING MAN!!!

People can like him or dislike him, stats don't lie. He dropds the ball a lot, and he drops the ball at the worst possible time ( 3rd and short, 3rd and medium) when we needa catch the most.

Hell, give crabtree a shot at it, he seems to have more mojo.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ You have to compare him to other TE's, not WR's.
Either way, he has been a stink storm since last year, and he is picking up where he left off.

H

HardRightEdge

As with the "Fire Capers" thread, is this a sign Finley will break out against Seattle? ;)

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been over Finley for a couple years now. He's not nearly as good as he likes to think he is, or as some people like to make him out to be. Hopefully we can continue to develop DJ Williams and get Andrew Quarless back healthy next season so we can just be done with Finley.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen Finleys drops and alot of it has to do with him letting the ball get to his body. I bet if he used his hands a bit more he would cut down on the drops. I tell my 4 yr old all the time when we throw the ball around to stop letting it him in the body whenever he drops one, and even he's getting a whole lot better with his hands. If a toddler can learn Finley can learn.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ Might not be that. They don't make it to the pro level by not knowing the mechanics of basic catching. I think he is taking his eyes off the ball and and trying to look up field before securing the catch. He is either looking for running lanes, or looking to see if he is about to be hit. Either one is a distraction to a WR or TE. The best we have at securing the ball, then taking the hit is Jennings IMO.

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure he drops a whole lot but he also gets a lot of eyes on him by the defense so that helps us open up the rest of the field

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying Oshkoshpackfan but watch Finley. I've noticed a lot of times when he's "sitting down" vs. zone coverage or when he runs a route just beyond the first down marker and turns back toward the QB, he lets the ball get to his body rather than use his hands to catch it. IOW, whenever the ball is coming right at him, rather than him stretching for it, he tends to "cradle it".

I agree Finley isn't as good as he thinks/acts-like he is, but he is very gifted physically - McGinn reports he's lined up as a WR 33 times so far in two games. Albeit he did so more because of Jennings' absence last week, but it's evidence of his versatility and talent. McGinn also says he's more than adequate blocking except for one miss out wide vs. the Bears. IMO he's got to be more dedicated regarding route running and he obviously has to concentrate more on catching the ball. There isn't another TE on the Packers roster close to his physical talent IMO but unless he gets consistent in all phases of the game, all he is, is "potential" and he's been in the league far too long for that.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying Oshkoshpackfan but watch Finley. I've noticed a lot of times when he's "sitting down" vs. zone coverage or when he runs a route just beyond the first down marker and turns back toward the QB, he lets the ball get to his body rather than use his hands to catch it. IOW, whenever the ball is coming right at him, rather than him stretching for it, he tends to "cradle it".

I agree Finley isn't as good as he thinks/acts-like he is, but he is very gifted physically - McGinn reports he's lined up as a WR 33 times so far in two games. Albeit he did so more because of Jennings' absence last week, but it's evidence of his versatility and talent. McGinn also says he's more than adequate blocking except for one miss out wide vs. the Bears. IMO he's got to be more dedicated regarding route running and he obviously has to concentrate more on catching the ball. There isn't another TE on the Packers roster close to his physical talent IMO but unless he gets consistent in all phases of the game, all he is, is "potential" and he's been in the league far too long for that.

I said this to. He lets the ball get up on him. Jennings does a good job using his hands which is Probably why you don't see him drop to many balls.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
USA Today posted that Finley's agent says Rodgers is not a leader. That'll sure help Finley's cause.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he does. I've hoped that many times. I've been a cheerleader of his since he was drafted; I was ecstatic. I'd seen what he could do at Texas. But right now I'm not interested in putting any more energy into hoping that he lives up to his talent.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
yeah I get it but I really think he is gonna come out against SeaChickens. He has made a bunch of big plays too. I'm not giving up on him yet.

Members online

Latest posts