Finely hearing the sarcasim from fans?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is absolutely ridiculous..

Crabtree over Finley? I pray this is a joke.

Even when Finley is not catching balls, he is extremely valuable on the field, he is still constantly receiving double teams. You know why Jennings, Nelson, Jones, and Cobb get so many open looks? It's because of Finley requiring a defensive strategy solely around him. He opens up opportunities for other guys just by stepping out onto the field.

You think defenses are going to be double teaming Crabtree when he comes in? Absolutely not.

Is that why they got so many open looks in 2010, you know, when Finley was on IR?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you brotha! we Need Finley out there! Leave him alone. He will be there when it counts! I can promise you that. Not everyone can be like Charles Woodson but we need him. He is rattled I am sure but he will come through!

Right, like he's been there every other time we needed him. You know, like when the ball hits him in both hands and he drops it.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Well, at least YOU agree with me SpartaChris. We seem to be the ones without the foggy glasses on and can see him and the hype for what is really is.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, at least YOU agree with me SpartaChris. We seem to be the ones without the foggy glasses on and can see him and the hype for what is really is.

He's proven to be all hype and no substance. I would love for it to change, and obviously we're going to give him the season to do so, but so far he's not worth the contract he signed and shouldn't be extended.

BMatt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is that why they got so many open looks in 2010, you know, when Finley was on IR?

You shouldn't be debating sports.. at all.

Lets look at some stats.

2010 Packers - (Jermichael Finley plays only 5 games.)
Aaron Rodgers : 3,922 Yards, 65.7% Completion Percentage, 28 TDs, 11 Ints, 101.2 QB Rating.
Greg Jennings : 1,265 Yards, 76 Receptions, 12 TDs
Jordy Nelson : 582 Yards, 45 Receptions, 2 TDs

2011 Packers - (Jermichael Finley plays all 16 games.)
Aaron Rodgers : 4,644 Yards, 68.3% Completion Percentage, 45 TDs, 5 Ints, 122.5 QB Rating.
Greg Jennings : 949 Yards, 67 Receptions, 9 TDs (3 less games played)
Jordy Nelson : 1,263 Yards, 68 Receptions, 15 TDs

Jones' and Drivers' statistics remained fairly constant, each put up 2 more touchdowns in 2011 than they did in 2010 however.

2010 Packers Overall Offensive Statistics
Total Offense (YPG) 8th in NFL
Passing (YPG) 5th in NFL
Points (PPG) 8th in NFL

2011 Packers Overall Offensive Statistics
Total Offense (YPG) 2nd in NFL
Passing (YPG) 3rd in NFL
Points (PPG) 1st in NFL

The 2011 Packers offense statistically was the 2nd best offense in NFL history. They scored 560 points on the season, 2nd most all time. They scored 42 points 6 times, the most since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970. The Packers also set single season franchise records for points per game, total yards, points at home, net passing yards, fewest turnovers, and fewest punts in a 16 game season.

Aaron Rodgers also set franchise records for touchdown passes, passing yards, completion percentage, number of 300 yard games in a season, and lowest interception percentage.

Again.. try to tell me Jermichael Finley being on the field doesn't open up the field for other players, just look at the numbers.

But yeah.. lets start Crabtree! ... I hope you know how stupid that suggestion is now.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You shouldn't be debating sports.. at all.

Is this Finley's agent? You shouldn't call anyone out. At all. Especially veteran members on this forum who happen to be fairly knowledgeable.

Nowhere did I suggest we should start Crabtree over Finley. Not once. I did say I hope DJ Williams develops into a guy who can fulfill Finley's role, since I feel Finley is highly overrated, but not once did I suggest ever benching Finley for Crabtree.

And you can throw out all the cushy stats you want, but the FACT is we had a very explosive and prolific offense without Finley and won a Super Bowl while he was watching from the sidelines. He's just not a necessity in this offense.

That is all.

BMatt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this Finley's agent? You shouldn't call anyone out. At all. Especially veteran members on this forum who happen to be fairly knowledgeable.

Nowhere did I suggest we should start Crabtree over Finley. Not once. I did say I hope DJ Williams develops into a guy who can fulfill Finley's role, since I feel Finley is highly overrated, but not once did I suggest ever benching Finley for Crabtree.

And you can throw out all the cushy stats you want, but the FACT is we had a very explosive and prolific offense without Finley and won a Super Bowl while he was watching from the sidelines. He's just not a necessity in this offense.

That is all.

Lol I shouldn't call people out? First, your seniority on these forums means absolutely nothing to me, and never will.

Second, yes we did have a very explosive offense when Finley was out injured, but our offense was even better when he was on the field, that is what you're not grasping. You can call my stats "cushy" all you want, but they correlate directly with my argument. All you have to back up your statement is your useless opinion.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley's production this year will determine his fate with the team. He's due $4.45 million in 2013 plus a roster bonus of $3.5 million on March 1,2013. He'll either produce enough to warrant that kind of money, or he'll be gone.

Members online

Latest posts